[Q] LG G3 and Google Calendar

Search This thread

Taguiera

Apr 9, 2008
Anyone else having issues where the Google Calendar isn't syncing? In my account settings, the option to sync Google Calendar isn't even listed. I've got App Data, Hangouts, People Details, etc, but nothing about the Calendar. I use the Google Calendar app exclusively, never tried the LG one and hated the Samsung one on my previous phone. I am currently rooted.

Already tried:
Removing Google Calendar and reinstalling.
Removing Google account and re-adding.
Rebooted
Shut down and powered back on

Coldheat1906

Jun 30, 2008
Fort Worth
Works fine for me.

When you go under your Google Account settings uncheck the Google Calendar sync then recheck it...... that helps sometime.

Taguiera

Apr 9, 2008
As was already mentioned twice, that option does not exist for me on my phone. There is no option under Google Account settings to even select the calendar as something to sync. It's just not there at all.

xshleprockx

Feb 28, 2011
I believe I had a similar problem a few years ago and the issue was the calendar was corrupted in the account. I think the solution was to log into gmail via a browser and copy or make a new calendar. Google search the issue and you should be able to get more exact instructions.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

I think you can get it back by adding a second "dummy" account and letting it sync. It's recommended to be on data when doing so.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Taguiera

Apr 9, 2008
Well, I ended up doing the full factory unroot process (basic rebuild from factory ROM file). Irritating as it is, my Google calendar now syncs. I'm not sure what was causing it not to, but there it is.