[APP][2.0+] Statusbar enabler in full screen app - Smart Statusbar

Search This thread

Skivit

Sep 10, 2011
Xroads, Belgie
good app, but +1 on the lag, noticable when switching on and off, possibly ram as someone mentioned, i have a low end device:eek::D:D
perfect for full screen gps app, was just what i needed, but gonna leave it switched off (leaving it installed though;) ) to see if the lag issue can be fixed...

Galaxy 3, custom rom and OC.

hopler

Aug 1, 2009
CT
Realme 6
Hi, this is a great app!!!

If you want i can translate it into spanish.

I work on translation of MI File explorer and exDialer.

Thanks.

PS: I hope your answer.

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
seems to break with custom dpis. probably thinks I'm using a tablet. could you please fix that, maybe by adding an override option?

3l3ctr0

Aug 17, 2011
Sorry for blaming the app..it was my fault..there is no lag..only wondered why the statusbar only popped up when i already swiped down the whole screen ..but the stausbar instantly popps up as you stop swiping..so do a long swipe..it looks as if there is a lag..do a short one and it popps up pretty fast..really my fault..
GREAT APP;-)

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
I LOVE this because I also have a blackberry playbook, so I'm used to gestures for everything.

May I suggest that you not start your timer countdown until the user is no longer touching the statusbar/dropdown menu? Starting it right away is fine if the user never touches it. So maybe resetting the timer on every touch input of the status/notification bar would be the way to go? Might require root for that though. I'm not sure.

For example I have it set to 3 seconds. Thats great if I just want to look at the bar and see if I have any messages, but it's not long enough to pull down the notification bar and read anything sitting there, if I have a bunch of notifications.
I'm sure how difficult that would be to implement. Thanks for your work! :)

Last edited:

Zorigo

Feb 24, 2012
London
Just downloaded and rated five stars, yeah there's probably a few tweaks you could add in, but i can't think of any, and it does what its supposed to do for free and it does it excellently so it defo earns those five stars

dyval

This app is developed by the same Dev who makes the popular Android Apps Button Savior, Smart Taskbar, and Everywhere Clipboard.

Smart Statusbar is the first and only statusbar enabler for full screen apps on android devices. No more lose track of time or important info on statusbar when you are reading, playing, or watching movie.

To enable statusbar, just do a simple top down swipe from top of screen. By default, statusbar will shows 5 seconds. You can also adjust the timeout to your preference in settings.

Please note. This app doesn't work on Honeycomb and ICS based Tablets. They are very different from phone version of Android. So no statusbar hidden problem on those tablets. So do not download if you want to use it on ICS or HC tablets.

NO ROOT REQUIRED!

FEATURES
☆ Reveal statusbar in full screen apps
☆ Gesture activation
☆ Works on 2.0 and up
☆ Adjustable statusbar enabling duration
☆ Vibration hint

DOWNLOAD
(1) You can download directly from Google Playstore. [here]
(2) Or download the attachment in this thread below.

SCREENS

Thanks for this man. One of the best apps I found. :)

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Been using it for a few days now and it's indispensable, I'm quite surprised it's taken so long for this mod to arrive. Congratulations to you! :)

One suggestion:

* trigger delay - so it doesn't activate instantly

For example, one could set an "activation delay" in ms that would create a wait before the vibration and activation. The user would have to touch for the length of the delay before anything occurred.

I often activate it unintentionally and I think this would be a great function.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
For those who have problem revealing statusbar, I have to admit that I can't guarantee it works 100% of the time. But I already tried to perfect it to maybe 99% before I made the release to Playstore. I am still fine tuning the full screen section logic constantly.

I also know there are people who can never get it working. If you are in this case, please give me some time. Your handset has smaller than normal or maybe zero touch movement threshold. (This value is used to determine if a finger down is tap action or move action) Since SSB uses system provided touch movement threshold as the height of triggering area, if your system reports zero to me, then you will get no chance to reveal Statusbar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is developed by the same Dev who makes the popular Android Apps Button Savior, Smart Taskbar, and Everywhere Clipboard.

Smart Statusbar is the first and only statusbar enabler for full screen apps on android devices. No more lose track of time or important info on statusbar when you are reading, playing, or watching movie.

To enable statusbar, just do a simple top down swipe from top of screen. By default, statusbar will shows 5 seconds. You can also adjust the timeout to your preference in settings.

Please note. This app doesn't work on Honeycomb and ICS based Tablets. They are very different from phone version of Android. So no statusbar hidden problem on those tablets. So do not download if you want to use it on ICS or HC tablets.

NO ROOT REQUIRED!

FEATURES
    ☆ Reveal statusbar in full screen apps
    ☆ Gesture activation
    ☆ Works on 2.0 and up
    ☆ Adjustable statusbar enabling duration
    ☆ Vibration hint

Video Review
    By XDA member: J-Roc

DOWNLOAD
    (1) You can download directly from Google Playstore. [here]
    (2) Or download the attachment in this thread below.

SCREENS
    In reply the request from IvanNCase and Prockkaii. I indeed had plan to add this feature but i am still trying. It is not easy. So maybe will never make it at all. But I will try my best to introduce this feature.
    i have used in on DPI 190, 200 and 210. Have not gone done to 160 or anything like hta.

I will also fix density mod problem in next version too.
    i installed the market version start the app did a logcat tried to access the statusbar but still no avail

link to logcat:- http://db.tt/h8jbFpJ8 (not sure if this is only the logcat of statusbar
    I went through previous posts regarding feature requests today. Generally, there are 4 items that were actually part of my plan during development. But unfortunately they are impossible to do for now due to limitation in API.

(1) Swipe up to close statusbar - It is not possible because there is no API to monitor statusbar visibility. I am more than happy to add this one if future OS has API to do it.

(2) Ability to force statusbar invisible - Again. It is API limitation. I wanted to do it more than anyone else.

(3) Home screen lag on GNex - It is graphics driver issue in ICS. The problem is gone if upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2

(4) Can't pull down statusbar detail in some Apps - Some apps uses different way to draw oepnGL surface which prevents statusbar from fully extended. I am not sure why too. I spent some time to study this before but due to my limited knowledge in openGL programming, so I don't have a good solution yet.