[ROM][3.21.2012] >>> Phiremod V7.2 <<< [Android 2.3.7]

Search This thread

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
Welcome to Phiremod for Nook!

:: I do this for fun. For stock CyanogenMod 7, please see the excellent post here ::

v7.2
* Built from CM source (7.2 RC1)
* Heavily tweaked theme
* Phiremod Protips
* Custom Settings
* Custom CMParts
* Custom Wallpapers
* Modified hosts profile for less web ads
* Google Gears Bootanimation
* Removed Androidian
* Removed Cyanbread
* Phiremod system Changelog
* Included Canvas
* Custom Default Sounds
* Modified Icons
* Many much build.prop tweakses including:
* Increased default Dalvik VM heap size (64m)
* TCP Buffer Tweaks
* UI optimzed to partly use GPU
* Increased Media/Image quality tweaks
* Optimized Boot Tweaks

** GAPPS not included
** MD5: da8d1a178b284b2b19a58b54555de7bc

>>> I Want That <<<

Huge thanks to:
Cyanogen + teamdouche
Mad-Murdock
samuelhalff
adam2010
Cicada
thecubed
dalingrin
fattire
All the others who made CyanogenMod possible for the nook.

Attachments

• screenshot-1332352585154.jpg
    screenshot-1332352585154.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5,620
  • screenshot-1332352374046.jpg
    screenshot-1332352374046.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 4,687
  • screenshot-1332352384749.jpg
    screenshot-1332352384749.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 4,333

plasticarmyman

Apr 13, 2011
Long Beach
I saw this on ROM manager this morning...i was gonna ask around :) awesome...I am going to try it out because i just flashed over 7.2 RC1 yesterday, so gimme a week on that and i'll try this one out...I did like Phiremod 7.1 as it is...so i'm thinking i'll like this one a bit better than plain 7.2

any thoughts on using Hockeyfamily's MIUI for Phiremod MIUI?

Reactions: phiredrop

boyoboyo

Jun 2, 2009
Got fc on initial setup. Specifically, on the sign in stage, when pressing the wifi prompt button.
Other than that seems decent. Will have a few hours and report back.

Neptune5k

Nov 30, 2010
Cincinnati
Welcome back!

I've been using Phiremod since your first releases and will definitly be upgrading soon.

Glad to see you back, keep that balance in your life - we all appreciate your work!

Modded Darts

Jul 13, 2011
Fort Worth
CM7.2

I can't get past the bootmenu after trying to reboot to CWR. It also keeps trying to reboot itself after I hold the Power button to turn it on

Last edited:

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Ya know I was using this for months and just 3 weeks ago when i figured Phiremod 7.1 wasnt going to get updated anymore i switched to another one.

Really liked this one.. I have a Iconia A500 and Transformer Prime and still like this dumb little nook more (maybe cause the battery is great and it's smaller)

Welcome back - I will give this a try in the next day or so.

Reactions: tinpau60

jacjar1

May 24, 2011
A dilemma

I just didnt think I would see another build...I have Kang build running pretty good right now just a tad sluggish now and then...but man I do love to use Phiremod....:confused: :confused:

poltak11

Feb 11, 2011
Melbourne
Exciting to see some more non-CM9 action on the Nook Color :)

But for those, such as me, who came onto the scene a bit later and never used Phiremod, what are the main differences between this and the current MiRaGe build (apart from theme/looks)?
I can see many fans of Phiremod, so tell me what you love about it.

Hubmanx

Mar 1, 2011
Welcome back to the forum

Phiredrop , good to see you here again , I have always used your rom on my Nook Color . Running 6.2 still . Has been very stable .
Think I will try out this one, but has been a long time since side loaded a rom to my Nook. What would be the steps needed to take to side load . Should I just get the premium rom manager and update from internet?
Again glad to see you back . Cheers:)

Reactions: gryphon101

switch81

Dec 14, 2010
So i installed this over the stock CM7.1 and it looks like it rocks. Everything seems much smoother in my opinion, and it looks like maps even works!

One question though, it seems like none of my google stuff i had is working (like market, gmail, etc).

Then when I go and try to add my google account, google isn't listed in my accounts settings.

Can anyone give me a hand? Great ROM nevertheless though!

switch81

Dec 14, 2010
Well shoot.. I'm an even bigger idiot than I thought. Thanks for the advice, it worked like a charm.

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
Thank you all for the kind comments!

Exciting to see some more non-CM9 action on the Nook Color :)

But for those, such as me, who came onto the scene a bit later and never used Phiremod, what are the main differences between this and the current MiRaGe build (apart from theme/looks)?
I can see many fans of Phiremod, so tell me what you love about it.

To be honest, differences are minimal as both builds are compiled from the CM7 source. The main differences will be the modder's tastes as to what they include/exclude in the build and what they do to make the overall feel and experience their own, which then we like sharing.

Phiredrop , good to see you here again , I have always used your rom on my Nook Color . Running 6.2 still . Has been very stable .
Think I will try out this one, but has been a long time since side loaded a rom to my Nook. What would be the steps needed to take to side load . Should I just get the premium rom manager and update from internet?
Again glad to see you back . Cheers:)

Thank you! Phiremod 6.2 was based on CM7.0.2.. I would recommend performing a titanium backup of your apps, a full backup of your rom, and then wipe data/factory reset then flash pm7.2, then restore your apps - no need for purchasing Premium Rom Manager (other than supporting the awesome developer).

Hubmanx

Mar 1, 2011
Thank you all for the kind comments!

To be honest, differences are minimal as both builds are compiled from the CM7 source. The main differences will be the modder's tastes as to what they include/exclude in the build and what they do to make the overall feel and experience their own, which then we like sharing.

Thank you! Phiremod 6.2 was based on CM7.0.2.. I would recommend performing a titanium backup of your apps, a full backup of your rom, and then wipe data/factory reset then flash pm 7.2, then restore your apps - no need for purchasing Premium Rom Manager (other than supporting the awesome developer).

After a little thought . That is exactly what I did. Backed up all my apps with Titanium backup. Backed up my rom to sd card with rom manager. Dowloaded your rom via rom manager, wiping everything, then flashed you rom . Restored apps. got gmail going , downloaded amazon market , downloaded gapps cm7 from wiki , then flashed ,got flash 11 from market , and am good to go . coming fom 6.2 to 7.2 it does seem more responsive and with flash 11 . I have videos once again working in browser when visiting msnbc.com my home page. Cheers

Reactions: phiredrop

Thibor69

So good to see you back PhireMod. I have always prefered your projects over the others. Can I ask a couple questions and feel free to answer whatever you want.

1) Will there be more development from you or is this just a last one off ?

1.a) Will you think about about CM9 at all ?

2) Will there be a Phiremod MIUI update at all ?

3) Newest gapps for cm7 ok for this right ? ( via gooinside ) ?

Welcome back old friend !

Peace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Phiremod for Nook!

:: I do this for fun. For stock CyanogenMod 7, please see the excellent post here ::

v7.2
    * Built from CM source (7.2 RC1)
    * Heavily tweaked theme
    * Phiremod Protips
    * Custom Settings
    * Custom CMParts
    * Custom Wallpapers
    * Modified hosts profile for less web ads
    * Google Gears Bootanimation
    * Removed Androidian
    * Removed Cyanbread
    * Phiremod system Changelog
    * Included Canvas
    * Custom Default Sounds
    * Modified Icons
    * Many much build.prop tweakses including:
    * Increased default Dalvik VM heap size (64m)
    * TCP Buffer Tweaks
    * UI optimzed to partly use GPU
    * Increased Media/Image quality tweaks
    * Optimized Boot Tweaks

** GAPPS not included
    ** MD5: da8d1a178b284b2b19a58b54555de7bc

>>> I Want That <<<

Huge thanks to:
    Cyanogen + teamdouche
    Mad-Murdock
    samuelhalff
    adam2010
    Cicada
    thecubed
    dalingrin
    fattire
    All the others who made CyanogenMod possible for the nook.
    I wanted to thank you all for your support over the last couple of years. It was time to move on from the Nook Color and I will miss that terrific little device, as well as this amazing community. I'm excited to start having some fun with the Acer Iconia A100. Perhaps I'll see some of you over there someday!

In Christ,
    Ryan
    Gave this ROM a try and so far it's been solid. Very smooth. Nice work.
    I did run into an issue however.
    I installed Angry Birds Space. When launched I got a black screen and then back to homescreen. I discovered that none of the other ABs would work either.
    After a little digging, the fix was for me was to edit a line in /system/build.prop from "ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1" to "ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0" save and reboot.
    All AB games launch and play fine again including AB Space.
    So if anyone else runs into this...
    does anyone happen to have this rom laying around on their hard drive they could upload for me please? i like mirage but i prefer this one.

Here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47696/phiremod-nook-7.2.zip?dl=1
    Trying to install gapps, but no dice.

Could someone provide a link to the gapps that I should be using with 7.2?
    I tried flashing the version I used with 7.1 and also the 'latest' version (20110828).

I'm installing the zip file from the SD-card that I would have flashed 7.2 from.
    CWM says that its installed fine, but when I boot normally I see no Google Apps like 'Market', 'GMail', etc.

I'm not new to flashing, but am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: now I seem to be in an infinite loop where I keep booting back to the CWM screen.

* sigh *

Don't know why such a simple procedure always gives me so much issues.

Be sure to wipe/factory reset first. Also, you should flash the latest standard CM7 GAPPS. You won't see the Market until you connect to Wifi. Hope you don't run into further issues.