[ICS Official ROM] XXLPQ (4.0.3) - Europe (XEO/SEB)

Search This thread

Ticiano

Aug 13, 2010
What to expect when using this ROMs in South America, Brazil? Bad radio performance?

iNeri

Aug 3, 2011
D.F.
Of course not. Been using XX roms since last year and i have had no problems with the modem since. H/H+ all the time, and i travel a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Right, couse we have the international version os the gs2, mean we have quad band phone, so no problem with modems like i9000t

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I will wait a bit to down load. I hope the scrolling and browser are like GB or I will be mad and yell why did you not fix it why I tell you why!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICS has reached my phone.. and here are my first Impressions ;)

History:

Since i got my SGSII i was on Villain Rom with EsKDroids Clear Glass Theme using Phenomenal Extreme Kernel.
    I'm not a Developer but i would call myself a skilled tester b/c im used to work with all kind of hard and software since the early 90s.

Last Tuesday i decided to move forward and i installed the LPQ-ICS 4.0.3 XEO on my Phone after i did a full wipe.
    Installation went flawless, all functions are working. so far so good, now its time to do the Migration and to bring back all necessary Data to the device.

Legend:

TBC = To Be Confirmed
    GB = GingerBread
    TB = Titanium Backup

Important notice:

ICS is almost rock-stable... at least ....

.... if you don't try to influe the kernel, SetCPU / Voltage Control will not work at all in the Moment. -->Update with some Custom Kernel ( i prefer Phenomenal / Speedmod) you can set UV and OC,
    .... don't install apps on your external sd-card since ICS was not designed to support an external SD at all (see the nexus)

General behavior:

- Overall smoothness, nothing to complain so far, scrolling might lag a bit but its usable --> Update: On LP2 /LP3 roms the lag is completely gone
    - Gallery, works like a charm, much faster as has ever been on GB! --> Recommend ICS 3d Gallery.
    - Camera, no Issues, Video recording works fine, (Seems to be the same apk as on GB) Maybe the "low-power-hack" will work too? --> Update: The ICS Camera works fine, the Panorama Function is simply amazing!
    - One good thing, the app Drawer (not homescreens) will finally store the sort order even after a reboot, this is an real advantage!
    - Bluetooth file transfer from PC works way better as on GB , it seems they managed to implement Obex / Object push in a better manner.
    - Face unlock works pretty good but for me its useless ;) Just my opinion.
    - Battery Consumption is great on standby but heavy during usage, can be improved (Custom Kernel)

Migration from GB:

As stated at the top, i did a wipe, TB gave me back almost everything except my stored Wlan access points. UPDATE!

Restoring Wifi Access Points including Passwords: (ROOT required!!) Advanced Users only!

Restore them with TB once, then you will find a file here --> /data/wifi/bcm_supp.conf
    Open it via Text editor and copy everything below the header:

Example file:

Code:
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wifi GROUP=wifi
    update_config=1
    device_name=Wireless Client
    manufacturer=Samsung Electronics
    device_type=1-0050F204-1

network={
    	ssid="Secure-wlan"
    	psk="ultimatePW"
    	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    	priority=6
    }

network={
    	ssid="public-wlan"
    	scan_ssid=1
    	psk="10987654321"
    	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    }

network={
    	ssid="WLAN-12345"
    	scan_ssid=1
    	psk="12345678910"
    	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    }

Now we open the new ICS File here --> /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Insert your former copied values under the new header:

Code:
     ctrl_interface=wlan0
    driver_param=use_p2p_group_interface=1
    update_config=1
    device_type=0-00000000-0
    p2p_listen_reg_class=81
    p2p_listen_channel=1
    p2p_oper_reg_class=81
    p2p_oper_channel=11

network={
    	ssid="Secure-wlan"
    	psk="ultimatePW"
    	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    	priority=6
    }

network={
    	ssid="public-wlan"
    	scan_ssid=1
    	psk="10987654321"
    	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    }

network={
    	ssid="WLAN-12345"
    	scan_ssid=1
    	psk="12345678910"
    	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    }

Dont forget to set the right permissions! Otherwise your wifi will not turn on!

chmod 660 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
    chown system /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
    chgrp wifi /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Done!

Enjoy your "old" AP List from GB.

If you freeze all Bloatware the standby drain is pretty good, Deep Sleep 94% with K9 push and pull activated.(one account set to pull every 4 hours, one to push)
    After 3 Days of intensive testing i made a "Standby-Battery-Drain" test, results are posted at the bottom.

I have installed about 190 Applications, some are used frequently, some only on Occasion, but all of them are working, i experienced not a single FC until now!
    If you are interested, what can be wiped / frozen ? See the attached screenshots at the bottom.

Issues:

- Bluetooth pairing with my car fails, even after unpairing the hands-free car kit manually.
    Resolution--> ]Car connection works fine, it was simply my fault, i needed to erase the connection from the car-kit, not frome phone --> no Bluetooth issue at all! (confirmed)

- Flashplayer in fullscreen stucks, i read before, uninstalling -> reboot -> reinstall will fix it,
    Resolution, No fix on that, (Maxthon/embedded browser) After an update, Fullscreen flash on Dolphin works fine, seems the browser developers have got some work to do, not a ROM Issue. (confirmed)

- If you use the phone, it stuck the most time at 800 mhz, on GB i managed the same with 200 mhz, to be improved.. but..
    Resolution, Set up your phone to use powersaving all the time, it seems / feels like using conservative governor, just give it a try.

Installation issues:

The sdcard integration is not fully working yet, therefore it might be impossible to install apps from local storage.
    Solution: Umount your SDcard if you try to install unsigned (not from market) apps, then it will work! If not, use the shell (Terminal Emulator, Syntax: su - <hit enter> pm install YOURAPP.apk thats it.
    Same for restoring apps via TB which have been installed on external SD on GB, there's a simple trick which works like a charm (see screenshot at the bottom)!

Battery Drainers and how to bring them down:

- Audioout_1 wakelock -> disable Haptic feed back sounds and Swype sounds, --> Wakelock reduced to 5 mins in 3 days.
    - multidpd Wakelock high count on 3G Switch to GSM Only in bad network covered Areas.
    - Do not use Juice Defender, Location services / latitude / Google sync stuff / Facebook, get rid of Samsung bloatware.
    - User alternative apps for Facebook / twitter et cetera, Use altitude instead of latitude per example.
    - Get used to work with BetterBatteryStats, support the developer and by the tool if it helped you!

Conclusion:

The Roma are good, 95 % of current Issues are caused by the user, just read the forums, do your homework and you will be satisfied, The Rom is at least as stable as a stock GB Rom was before.
    You have to be root, otherwise you will stuck very soon, you cannot freeze, you cannot dump, you cant even do a Nandroid backup..
    Read the desired thread how to get rooted, its easy and its worth it!
    For now, i use Siyah Beta 7, which is the stock Kernel with additional Touch recovery (CWM) and Voltage Control, Nandroid Backups are working as expected. --> Update: Speedmod or Phenomenal became the ultimate benchmark now!
    LCD Density change has no effect (except keyboard looks weird) --> Update: You need to edit the build.prop, then DPI can be set flawless, only the apps are not working (confirmed)
    I want my Theme Back! :) The stock colors are hurting my eyes.. but that's just my personal note..
    Fancy Rotation (Stolen from Galaxy Note) works fine on ICS too, just exchange the files (HowTO? --> search the forum)

Personal Notice, I will move to Villain ROM 4.0 (If it will exist) or to CM9 if its final, but for daily usage and most of the users out there, ICS from Samsung is ready to use.
    Just do not mess with the ROM if you don't know, what you are doing!

General Approach:

Custom Rom -> One of the Best roms at the Time is Lightning ROM 2.6 (LP4 Base)
    - fully deodexed
    - 3D Gallery
    - ICS Camera.
    - ICS Dialer inkl. Call recording
    - less annoying colors
    - Customizable Notification Drawer

Launcher -> Strongly recommended, APEX Launcher!
    - fast, snappy and just awesome!
    - higly customizable (5x5 Drawer, Rotation)
    - DPI changes are better reflected
    - adjustable widgets
    screenshot2012040206371.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TB-Settings - SD to Phone restore:

screenshot2012031409484.png

Apps to be dismissed:

screenshot2012031409494.png
    screenshot2012031409493.png

screenshot2012031409492.png
    screenshot2012031409492.png

screenshot2012031409490.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standby-Battery-Drain-Results:

At night i was on flight mode, during that period the phone consumes about 0.77% power per hour, pretty good..
    During normal Standby its almost 1 % per hours, thats normal too (Accourding to GB before)

I received some calls, some mails, some SMS, nothing unusual, the only cheat, i reduced my screen brightness (Screenfilter).

Here are the pics:

screenshot2012031708281.png
    screenshot2012031708282.png

screenshot2012031720542.png
    screenshot2012031720544.png

screenshot2012031806410.png
    screenshot2012031806411.png

screenshot2012031813240.png
    screenshot2012031813241.png

screenshot2012031820072.png
    screenshot2012031909293.png
    screenshot2012031912293.png

screenshot2012031913350.png
    screenshot2012031915320.png
    screenshot2012031915322.png

After 2 and a half Men äähh Day i broke up my test cuz i need to play with my phone! ;)

With a custom / undervolted kernel i expect to get the same results out of my phone as i got on GB before, now the phone is going to die after approx. 4 hours screen on time,
    with GB i had around 8 hours, so almost twice as much, i look forward to the first Phenomenal or Speedmod kernel, hopefully since Samsung has released the sources finally, i stay tuned! ;) --> Update: Phenomenal Kernel based on Speedmod is out and has pretty good Battery savings, give it a try --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601520

But for Stock, this is a brilliant result, isn't it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legal Information:
    screenshot2012040206373.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

Please kindly ignore the wrong Capital letters everywhere, im a German, we use much more Capitals as you Guys ;)
    I will edit this post from time to time with my latest cognition.

If you think my post was helpful to you, just hit the Thanks Button ;)
    Torrent links

here are links to torrent files I created in my dropbox. Please help seed. The two files are the Trinidad and Tobago rom "TTT" and the Polish rom "XEO".

These are both original files downloaded from CheckFus.

Hope this helps...hit thx :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12004855/GT-I9100_TTT_1_20120312105922.zip.torrent

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12004855/GT-I9100_XEO_1_20120309184901.zip.torrent
    TTT and XEO fast mirrors

My fast mirrors

TTT: staff.zsh.jp/GT-I9100_TTT_1_20120312105922.zip

XEO: staff.zsh.jp/GT-I9100_XEO_1_20120309184901.zip

Please hit the thanks button if you found it useful.