[Q] How Can I Disable Autofocus on Rooted Razr HD

Search This thread

PhoneBill

I had a herd of 29 deer in my front yard a few days ago. I had my Razr Maxx HD with me at the window and tried to take several stills and a video of them through the window. All I could get was a clear image of the screen wire about 3 inches from the camera lens. The deer were so out of focus that the shots and video were unusable. Is there any way to disable autofocus or to set the focus to infinity on the Razr HD? Or is there a camera app that allows me to do this?

ikesik

Jan 13, 2011
I think your best bet is to manually select between portrait or landscape mode for those kind of shots. The autofocus, much like the camera generally on the Razr Maxx HD, leaves much to be desired

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

zilian28

Apr 23, 2012
Goiânia
Good news

My friend, I really demand a lot from my gadgets and after trying many camera programs on my phone I found one called "Snap camera" that doesnt use our phones auto focus. It only focus when u click and at your will. Great, isnt it? Now I feel more in control over my shots. By the way, Im on ICS. Gud luck with it. =p

Calvinx1

Jan 31, 2011
My friend, I really demand a lot from my gadgets and after trying many camera programs on my phone I found one called "Snap camera" that doesnt use our phones auto focus. It only focus when u click and at your will. Great, isnt it? Now I feel more in control over my shots. By the way, Im on ICS. Gud luck with it. =p
I've tried it, very good one! thanks for the advise! I use it as my default camera app.

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
You know what bugs me about the Motorola camera.... it focuses before you take the picture.... so if you'll notice that little green square uptop.... The camera will get into focus but if you move so slightly and snap the shot, it won't autofocus unless you specifically Click where you want to focus Then take the picture. Wish it would only focus when you snap the picture not before.

I've personally been using Camera Zoom Fx.... not perfect but better than stock!