Volume Up Button not working anymore

Search This thread

governmentissuejoe

Apr 3, 2013
So I've had the phone 6 months without any issues. Today I notice the volume up button is not working anymore. Nothing has happened to the phone that I'm aware of since it was working yesterday. I do use the volume up a lot as I long press to skip music tracks frequently. Maybe this is what caused it? Anyone have this issue happen to them? Anyone know of a possible fix?

Last edited:

jaweinre

Jun 6, 2012
So I've had the phone 6 months without any issues. Today I notice the volume up button is not working anymore. Nothing has happened to the phone that I'm aware of since it was working yesterday. I do use the volume up a lot as I long press to skip music tracks frequently. Maybe this is what caused it? Anyone have this issue happen to them? Anyone know of a possible fix?

This has happened to me and a couple more people here in xda that i know of. It seems to be random and there's no easy fix to it. At least in my case, the internal button stoped working, looks like hardware issue.

denwaotoko

Mar 25, 2011
Langley, BC
I'm having the same problem, just stopped working out of the blue this morning...

Rather inconvenient, and doesn't seem like a cheap fix. Pretty frustrating to say the least.