No aosp roms?

Search This thread

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Yeah I don't get it three in one day... is it a full moon tonight?

goes back to who needs the stinken rules!! Who needs to actually read threads...I came from S4 verizon forum and the number of questions on the same topic that was posted practically daily because of pure laziness was unbelievable...we had posters who said they were too busy to read any threads and wanted an answer right now!!

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
Is it too soon for aosp ROMs for t mobile yet?

Short answer: yes. The phone came out a bit more than a month or two ago. Developers cannot just whip these things together. It takes time and the right kernel and configurations. We don't want a messy ROM circulating simply for the sake of having an AOSP ROM.

Also, it's possible some developers do not want to focus on a ROM for a phone in which only one carrier has an unlocked bootloader. That certainly can make some hesitant, mainly because it's tougher to work with limitations. Take Cyanogenmod. Their developers hesitate to work on this phone for that very reason, as an example. They simply do not want to work on a ROM just for one model with an unlocked bootloader.

Give it time, friend. It'll come.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

starkruzr

Jun 18, 2007
Washington, DC
I don't know why people are thirsty for AOSP ROMs for T-Mobile devices. You lose WiFi Calling with pretty much every AOSP ROM I've seen, and that is T-Mobile's killer app. Not like there's anything out there that's gonna replace it.

Reactions: Vicious Von

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
I don't know why people are thirsty for AOSP ROMs for T-Mobile devices. You lose WiFi Calling with pretty much every AOSP ROM I've seen, and that is T-Mobile's killer app. Not like there's anything out there that's gonna replace it.

Bingoboomshakalaka! Plus, the LG stuff is unobtrusive and occasionally useful. While I would play with AOSP, it couldn't be a daily driver for me.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Why can't we have one thread discussing AOSP without people, who obviously have no interest in it, coming in and flaming people who do? We get it, you all don't care about AOSP on your precious TMobile phones, that is fine. Can't you let those people who DO CARE talk about it in peace? I wouldn't walk into a restaurant serving food I didn't like and start shouting "why are you eating here? I don't like this food".. I just wouldn't go there. Please try to respect that other people have different tastes, in food and ROMs, and let us discuss what we are excited about without crapping all over every thread with this "AOSP doesn't have wifi calling, AOSP doesn't have LG apps, AOSP doesn't wipe my ass for me" nonsense. We know that, and we are still interested, if you are not, just leave us alone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Questions do not belong in the development section. Also this topic has been discussed and answered numerous times.

Why can't we have one thread discussing AOSP without people, who obviously have no interest in it, coming in and flaming people who do? We get it, you all don't care about AOSP on your precious TMobile phones, that is fine. Can't you let those people who DO CARE talk about it in peace? I wouldn't walk into a restaurant serving food I didn't like and start shouting "why are you eating here? I don't like this food".. I just wouldn't go there. Please try to respect that other people have different tastes, in food and ROMs, and let us discuss what we are excited about without crapping all over every thread with this "AOSP doesn't have wifi calling, AOSP doesn't have LG apps, AOSP doesn't wipe my ass for me" nonsense. We know that, and we are still interested, if you are not, just leave us alone.
    I hear there's some in the works...just something with the kernel not booting..ROM builds but... You on G+?