How to get unlimited data!

Search This thread

cylic

Feb 16, 2011
just did this today. still works. 8th call. code 76153 seemed to work for the guy I talked to.

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
When I first did this I was very happy with it, but now I am fealing like a fool. I am starting to think going by-be with out ETF some way some how.

I have used $ in dumb ways before but this may be in the top 3 soon to be #1.

To every one else I hope you like it and I know that I seem like a AT&T fan, but I am not. I am a it "needs to work" fan and The big RED has failed me more in 30 days than AT&T did in 180.

zharptitza

Dec 18, 2008
Houston, TX
When I first did this I was very happy with it, but now I am fealing like a fool. I am starting to think going by-be with out ETF some way some how.

To every one else I hope you like it and I know that I seem like a AT&T fan, but I am not. I am a it "needs to work" fan and The big RED has failed me more in 30 days than AT&T did in 180.

I'm the exact opposite. At my office with AT&T I couldn't get 1 meg downloads consistently on their "fauxG" network. I work across the street from one of their antennas. I switch to Verizon and at first I could only get 3g, but it was the same speed as AT&T was for me, so I was find. A week later they did some work on the antenna. Turns out it was Verizon LTE coming. Now I get 20 meg down.

I still have unlimited from this trick, and now I have much better speeds. Haven't had any of the drops I had with AT&T in my area either.

I think all of the carriers have areas where they aren't as good as others. The trick is just finding the one that works for you. Funny enough 6 years ago when I dropped Verizon they were worse in my area, so you just never know.

malice9005

May 17, 2009
riverside
I had att before this and at work I had full bars the tower is litteraly behind my work I can walk right up to it and the fastest I got on fauxG was 4 megs. just got Verizon and I only get like 2 bars at work but I still get 18 meg downloads. I'm going to try this tonight I got the 4gb special and I already used 90% end of my billing date is on the 12th. Hopefully this works out I will be a happy person.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
Lol, ATT service is absolutely horrible where I work (VZ works great)

A few years ago, my boss switched our entire VZ corporate account to ATT (186 phones) because his Wife wanted an iPhone. I have never heard so much *****ing in my life. I kept my phone on VZ because I wanted it to work and I had no desire for an iPhone.

It was real easy to tell who had ATT service, they where the guys standing over by the window turning their phones at all different angles trying to get service. I could always tell when my boss was in his office because every single call would go directly to voice mail.

bobbysteels216

Aug 10, 2009
Does the loophole still work?

Obviously not

~ Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Cm9~

These were success stories from 2 days ago (January 30th).
|
V

just did this today. still works. 8th call. code 76153 seemed to work for the guy I talked to.

So *obviously* it's still working.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I did it on 12/5/11 so that was not the 30th. But any ways I hope LTE is better than AT&T's H+ for the rest of you. I have been kicking myself for 2-3weeks now. This week is #1 on the pissing me off list this year.

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
I did it on 12/5/11 so that was not the 30th. But any ways I hope LTE is better than AT&T's H+ for the rest of you. I have been kicking myself for 2-3weeks now. This week is #1 on the pissing me off list this year.

Even, though I'm with verizon and got the unlimited data after switching from att's unlimited data, I will say that att's data is much faster hands down...3g on a regular iphone hits 7mbs consistently...So, imagine what their 4g will be....

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Even, though I'm with verizon and got the unlimited data after switching from att's unlimited data, I will say that att's data is much faster hands down...3g on a regular iphone hits 7mbs consistently...So, imagine what their 4g will be....

It's my understanding that LTE for both companies is the same technology. It was the 3g that is a different technology, gsm/cdma where gsm was a better and newer technology than cdma.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my 2.0GHz Quad Core G1

Reactions: sway40

sway40

Jul 11, 2009
Houston Tx
It's my understanding that LTE for both companies is the same technology. It was the 3g that is a different technology, gsm/cdma where gsm was a better and newer technology than cdma.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I think your spot on, verizons 3g is older that's why they have more coverage where att's is newer but as I can't stand att I'll live. It's not that much faster like it is over sprint where their 3g is so damn slow id have to turn on 4g to just be where verizons 3g is at.

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
I think your spot on, verizons 3g is older that's why they have more coverage where att's is newer but as I can't stand att I'll live. It's not that much faster like it is over sprint where their 3g is so damn slow id have to turn on 4g to just be where verizons 3g is at.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Thats true but my point was that if you can hit 7mbs on a 3g phone imagine what it would be on a cell phone with a 4g signal....It is what it is...I wasnt speaking of coverage which verizon is the clear winner..but data speed

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix

I am going to have disagree completely with this statement. 3g on ATT was horrible. It was one of the reasons that I left that company, besides the fact of "No bars, in more places".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in the Droid Bionic forum and came across this ( thanks jesziicuh) . It totally works I did it on my wife's line. If you have tired data, call *611, option 4, say add a feature, talk to a representative and add unlimited 4g hot spot to your tiered data line. They upgrade your data to unlimited to accommodate the unlimited hotspot. Then log into you verizonwireless account. Go to the row where it says plan. Then click on change features. Pick your phone you just upgraded, then scroll down and remove unlimited 4g hotspot. Worked like a charm!!! My wife's data tracker on her phone now says unlimited!!!! Got to love loop holes!:D

Edit: This might actually take several attempts to accomplish. I have heard some people have tried upwards of 5 times before actually receiving unlimited data.

Edit2: Thanks to nomisunrider we have the actual plan code the verizon rep uses to add 4g unlimited MHS. plan code #76153 — $30 Unlimited 4G Mobile Hotspot. I would still ask for the 4g unlimited MHS first and if they give you trouble tell them you were told the plan code is 76153. Hope this helps and cuts down on the amount of calls some people have to make.
    If they change it back so be it. My wife was happy before, but if they don't oh well. Why should we both pay the same for data but I have unlimited and she has 4 gigs. Just cause Verizon wanted to be a bunch of D bags and be like AT&T. Your telling me you have never went to a store and bought something that was miss priced and you knew the price was wrong but still fought to get what the lower price was. Dude this is a modding forum. Not bash everyone forum. Everything in this place is about bending the rules and coming up with work arounds set in place by the carrier and maker of the phone. You are no better than anyone else here.
    Worked for me. New customer with 2 new lines with Galaxy Nexus.

I called 1-800-922-0204 option 4, said "add a feature"

Told the CSR that my co-worker just got the 4g mobile hotspot and I wanted the same feature. I told her that my co-worker said to use code #76153 to make sure I got the correct feature.
    She said (I could hear a laugh in her voice) that my co-worker told me the correct code =)
    She added it to both lines.

I logged into my verizon account and both new lines have unlimited data
    Woah, woah woah.

First, show me an article full of facts that says alot of data used is bad on your phone for everyone esle. Not assumptions.

Ive used 43 gbs so far. Why? At work and home usually nothing todo, so netflix, youtube, oovoo etc. Why you think its invented for? To use each app 5 mins each?

Its unlimited data. They went to tiered to make more money.

Ontop of that i pay 30 for the hotspot as well. If it says unlimited then why wouldnt i carry on as its unlimited ? If its a big world problem, verizon has my number. People like me who are in a huge percent arent affecting you. So chill out on getting mad at people who pay just like you for their service. They can do what they please.

Sorry, i really get annoyed at people who jump at others for using unlimited data the way they want to.

I guess i abuse my unlimited nights and weekend minutes too? Is that clogging your signal bars down ?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    2 more weeks on this month's cycle and Ive used 55gb. Lmao

People like you are the reason why we have tiered plans in the first place. Good job.