[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2ATT] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

wally3614

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2007
Jacksonville
xdaforums.com
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ (2/21/13)

I think it disappeared with the 4.2.2 build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Right here on bottom left

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361685390242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361685390242.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 175

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ (2/21/13)

I think it disappeared with the 4.2.2 build.

Most likely some duplicate options conflict is causing the clear button to disappear. Go into ROMcontrol and see if changing some of the recent apps options will get your clear button back.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

will this rom work with the Samsung i927 captivate glide or not. just wondering who ever has been the developers of the rom.

Wait...seriously??? You'd think that a ROM posted in the AT&T Galaxy S3 forum for the AT&T Galaxy S3 i747 will work on a completely different phone with absolutely no resemblance to the S3? I think you have come to the wrong place, mate. ;)

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

Oh dang. You mean this option? :p

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361693025085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361693025085.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 326

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

However, after finding the kill all button, it seems to kill all except the most recent, rather than ALL :D

Reactions: countrylife

Cuddlesy

Oct 30, 2011

However, after finding the kill all button, it seems to kill all except the most recent, rather than ALL :D

ParanoidAndroid feature.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

ParanoidAndroid feature.

Yep. Because in jellybean 4.2 the recent apps will show all apps, even the one you are currently in. If you press the clear button, the app you are currently in will close as well. Kind of annoying, so in AOSPA they made it kill all apps except the one you are in so that you will not be exited out of what you are doing.

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
Yep. Because in jellybean 4.2 the recent apps will show all apps, even the one you are currently in. If you press the clear button, the app you are currently in will close as well. Kind of annoying, so in AOSPA they made it kill all apps except the one you are in so that you will not be exited out of what you are doing.
Personally, I love this feature. At least half the time, I want to close everything but the last thing I was doing. The rest of the time I don't mind swiping it away, if I even care. You get rid of all of the memory sucking apps in one shot this way anyway.

I am loving the latest build. Stable as snot, great performance, excellent battery life.

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

Shouldn't it kill all of them if you are at the home screen?

Also, I am working on a better animation :)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
Does anyone have Instant Upload albums in Gallery? I liked having those but it seems that I don't have Picasa Web Albums sync available in my account even after installing Google+.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Does anyone have Instant Upload albums in Gallery? I liked having those but it seems that I don't have Picasa Web Albums sync available in my account even after installing Google+.

Any ideas?
I looked into it further. It seems that the CM camera doesn't do Picasa Sync. Sad face :(

I flashed the old Jelly Bean camera for now. It seems the 4.2 GoogleGallery is what is needed but the camera on there is all hokey. Is there a 4.2 camera that doesn't have the hard freezing problem when taking a picture with the flash on and without pre-focusing?

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I looked into it further. It seems that the CM camera doesn't do Picasa Sync. Sad face :(

I flashed the old Jelly Bean camera for now. It seems the 4.2 GoogleGallery is what is needed but the camera on there is all hokey. Is there a 4.2 camera that doesn't have the hard freezing problem when taking a picture with the flash on and without pre-focusing?

No, there isn't unfortunately. Unless the camera is built from source for the GS3 like the CM10.1 camera, any camera apk that you find will have the hard freezing problem.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Personally, I love this feature. At least half the time, I want to close everything but the last thing I was doing. The rest of the time I don't mind swiping it away, if I even care. You get rid of all of the memory sucking apps in one shot this way anyway.

I am loving the latest build. Stable as snot, great performance, excellent battery life.

Thanks, glad you enjoy this ROM. There will be another update tomorrow :p

Shouldn't it kill all of them if you are at the home screen?

Also, I am working on a better animation :)

Yeah I wish AOSPA would implement this feature, so that if you are on the home screen it will automatically kill all apps, but when you are in another app it will close all of them except the one you are in. Who knows...maybe they are working on it..:D
And looking forward to see your bootanim!

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

Thanks, glad you enjoy this ROM. There will be another update tomorrow :p

Awesome :)

Yeah I wish AOSPA would implement this feature, so that if you are on the home screen it will automatically kill all apps, but when you are in another app it will close all of them except the one you are in. Who knows...maybe they are working on it..:D
And looking forward to see your bootanim!

I am more concerned with apps not being stopped properly to begin with. I'm having apps, even if I choose the quit option or even "hold back to kill", that stay in the queue like they are still open.

It'll be coming but I work 9 of the next 10 days :D So we'll see.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Awesome :)

I am more concerned with apps not being stopped properly to begin with. I'm having apps, even if I choose the quit option or even "hold back to kill", that stay in the queue like they are still open.

It'll be coming but I work 9 of the next 10 days :D So we'll see.

We have 2GB of RAM, what are you worrying about?? :p

oilers2010

Nov 7, 2010
Edmonton
Kills my battery life and turns up the heat on my phone to near-surface-of-the-sun temperatures XD

Sounds like a rogue app or an hardware issue in my opinion.

Try factory reseting the phone and clearing all data/cache (incl davlik). Leave the phone for a bit to see if the problem happens again.

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

Sounds like a rogue app or an hardware issue in my opinion.

Try factory reseting the phone and clearing all data/cache (incl davlik). Leave the phone for a bit to see if the problem happens again.

Did you see what we were talking about? Because of overlapping stuff in this ROM, apps are evidently not getting closed correctly, as well as staying in the recents list. It is common knowledge that leaving apps running means the CPU works harder, and higher CPU usage means higher temperatures and more battery drain.

Wond3r

Aug 24, 2008

Did you see what we were talking about? Because of overlapping stuff in this ROM, apps are evidently not getting closed correctly, as well as staying in the recents list. It is common knowledge that leaving apps running means the CPU works harder, and higher CPU usage means higher temperatures and more battery drain.

Common knowledge?
There have been long posts and sticky threads about this so I think the contrary is common knowledge.
Those apps aren't actually RUNNING in the back. It's actually beneficial in a few ways when you don't kill them.
Take a look at the many many threads about task killers.

Android will manage the apps properly and know when to kill them.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Cuddlesy

Oct 30, 2011

Yeah, there's really a lot more to Android app management. That elementary view of "if it's running in recents you're wasting battery!!1" is a bit silly.

Reactions: countrylife

drinfernoo

Dec 25, 2012
Yakima, WA

Android will manage the apps properly and know when to kill them.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

This may be the case in general, but klin mentioned about a page ago that because of the overlapping nature of this ROM, it isn't happening correctly.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Yeah, there's really a lot more to Android app management. That elementary view of "if it's running in recents you're wasting battery!!1" is a bit silly.

And I can notice a very discrete difference in my battery performance when I have apps "running" in recents, versus when I don't.

Reactions: benefit14snake

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SGH-I747 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2ATT] PAC-ROM LP-MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Rom - AT&T, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    That's why I left shortly after klin1344 stopped dev... There's almost no support here anymore :(

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wait so because I'm not in here everyday answering every tiny question... This rom has no support. Do you have any clue how much work I've put into pac. I host the website, admin the forums, one of the admins for gerrit, maintainer 6 devices (all of the d2 series), have 6 different hangouts for pac members where we actually do our dev work, constantly am adding new devices and maintainers, debug, test, help fix, help keep nightlies running, keep maintainers updated and informed, answer questions on Facebook, g+, and multiple forums, moderating om xda, all while working 50+ hours a week, going to school, raising my 9 yr old girl all alone, planning a wedding, and having a life.... But your correct I don't support pac at all... Guess I should close up shop and say screw it.

Nah I'll just let you sit there and continue to believe that you know what your talking about. Feel free to go back to PA where there's plenty of support by the dev's there... Lol

XDA Moderator
    Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/13/13)

Some good news for you guys...

We (the pacman team) have been discussing many things as pacman gains more and more popularity among users. There might be official nightlies rolling out in the near future, plus an official website is in the works. That's all I will say for now, but I can tell you that good things are coming. :)

PAC-Man release v22.0.1 (3/29/13)

The new PAC-Man build is available!

Changes in v22.0.1:

3/29/13​
    • PAC-Man v22.0.1
    • built with latest CM10.1, AOKP, and AOSPA sources, as always
    • lots of changes to the 3.4 kernel (credits CM)
    • kernel freezing and lockup issues have been fixed (credits CM)
    • added Hybrid Toggle
    • added QuietHours Toggle
    • added Quick Pulldown feature
    • included new PAC bootanimation
    • LOTS of frameworks code cleanup
    • bug fixes
    • more... (8 days worth of development :p)

The included stock kernel is recommended for now until KT releases an update with the kernel lockup fix.