[Bootanimation] The New Very Unofficial Siyah Kernel Bootanimation

Search This thread

KcDaRookie

Oct 13, 2011
City of Sin
Yeah somehow taking the first part of the BIOS screen and merging it with the second from the New Logo should work, but it didn't for me, so I changed it a little and now this works for me.
For the sound you have to extend it yourself somehow, I don't do sound processing... cause I can't ^^
Hope this is as you wanted it =)

Reactions: M8Mush

KcDaRookie

Oct 13, 2011
City of Sin
The bootanimation is not depending on root permissions but on a kernel that provides costum bootanimation support.
Since LPH is an ICS build and there are no kernel sources for ICS therefore no costum kernels and so I think atm it is impossible to make bootanimations work on your ROM.

Reactions: shaq1907

M8Mush

Dec 10, 2011
N.D.B 73
Yeah somehow taking the first part of the BIOS screen and merging it with the second from the New Logo should work, but it didn't for me, so I changed it a little and now this works for me.
For the sound you have to extend it yourself somehow, I don't do sound processing... cause I can't ^^
Hope this is as you wanted it =)

You made my dream come true. Thanks...

s2dh

Jul 9, 2011
Not sure if I did some thing wrong, but I flashed the cwm with sound and when it restarted it boot looped, had to reinstall my CriskeloRom..?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

KcDaRookie

Oct 13, 2011
City of Sin
I don't think there's much you can do wrong about flashing it via cwm...
Do you have any cwm-flashable bootanimation?
I never tried Criskelo, was on StockROM like forever and changed to CheckROM RevoHD4 eventually and the bootanimations are working just fine.
But if you can provide a working CWM-flashable I'll try making a Criskelo compatible flashable zip if there are any differences ^^

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
If you're on LPH, place the zip in system/media and it should work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

sahidmiah

Mar 17, 2010
hi can any one tell me how to remove that siyah boot animation from my phone .i tried siyah kernel once and since i am using different kernel now but the boot animation still there .its the one eye animation stays for two seconds

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
Might want to add a "now bricking your pricey phone" :) [/badhumor]

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

KcDaRookie

Oct 13, 2011
City of Sin
hi can any one tell me how to remove that siyah boot animation from my phone .i tried siyah kernel once and since i am using different kernel now but the boot animation still there .its the one eye animation stays for two seconds

Jut flash the "Bootup Revert CWM.zip" from the first post and it should be gone.

Might want to add a "now bricking your pricey phone" :) [/badhumor]

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

did it brick your phone? :eek:

your welcome =)

KcDaRookie

Oct 13, 2011
City of Sin
tried it didn't work

If you're on the Siyah ICS Kernel where the eye is shown with ICS etc. written on it, this isn't a bootanimation, this is a "feature" of the kernel.
I don't know how to get rid of it, you have to ask gokhanmoral about this.
Every bootanimation provided here is deletable via the "Bootup Revert CWM.zip".
Hope gokhanmoral can help you with it, just click on the "Siyah 3.1"-link in my signature to get to the kernelthread and ask there.

hi guys i am running westcrips resurection 1.5 rom

i have changed the boot animation but i cant get it to play any sound.

any ideas please ?
If you use the "Siyah New Logo NoSound.zip"-file there is as the name states it no soundfile provided with the bootanimation.
If you also flashed the "Original Sound CWM.zip" or have any other soundfile present as bootsound please make sure that your phone is NOT in silent mode since this is (at least for me) preventing the phone from playing the sound at startup.

Kylobayd

Nov 23, 2011
Netherlands
When im tryin to flash the siyahkernel boot animation it gives me an error;

E; Error in /emmc/Bootanimations?PC_SiyahKernel_Bootanimation_withSound_CWM.zip
(status 0)
Installation aborted

got any idea how to fix this?

KcDaRookie

Oct 13, 2011
City of Sin
@Kylobayd:
Just a shot in the dark but try to replace the update-binary in the .zip-file found in
"\META-INF\com\google\android\"
with the update-binary from your current ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IF THE FLASHING PROCESS FAILS BECAUSE IT WAS ABORTED (Status 0 error) PLEASE TRY THIS:
    CLICK AND READ

For all of you who want to show that they use Siyah Kernel right from the start here the gokhanmoral approved (he thanked me 2 times for this, so I take this as approval ^^) but still Very Unofficial Bootanimations:

PC SiyahKernel:
    43377518938189476661.gif

Full Resolution Preview

The New Very Unofficial Logo
    78507059876071624758.gif

Full Resolution Preview (quality is much better than in preview)
    "Original Sound CWM.zip" will restore the startup sound without changing the bootanimation and "Bootup Revert CWM.zip" will restore defaults and is crosscompatible to both (and also most other) bootanimations.

edit: Glad you like it :)
    The new logo was way to neat looking to not make an animation of it ^^
    hey dude, any pic or something?
    Unzip and add this Sound Forge processed PowerOn.wav file to System/media for the complete PC Boot experience.
    @TecQuality: Doesn't matter, they won't interfere each other :)
    You can also use the "Original Sound" after every other bootanimation.zip to restore default sound without deleting the bootanimation ^^