[update 07.09.2010][Titanium plugin] SlidingAlbums 2

Search This thread

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
SlidingAlbums 2.0​

WARNING: BEFORE USING IT, PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU THINK THAT THIS PROGRAM IS NOT WORKIN FOR YOU - YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO USE IT OR... IT MAY BE MY FAULT ;)

This small app (or maybe plugin?) is developed for everyone, who like to have a fast access to music albums stored on the memory card. Instead of launching a player, browsing it's library for an album and playing it, you can play any album directly from the Sliding Panel.

Changes made from version 1.1
-database (SA2 is using MS SQL Compact Server 3.5 to store music files data)

-skins (I've implemented a fully skin support which can customize your titanium panel with SA2. It supports live preview of any skin. You can also create new skins if you like)

-updater (you can check for update at program startup (its optional) and check for testing versions if I create one. SA2 will download an update, unpack and install it automatically. After that SA2 will automatically run the new updated version and show a changelog in few languages - but I will write it only in english and polish, other languages I don't know so...)

-languages (SA2 supports lang packs. You can also translate it by yourself - it's not a problem ;) Current languages are: English, German, Polish, Romanian and Russian)

-addons installer (SA2 have a new nice feature. Files with *.slidaddon extension are SA2 addons. If you have downloaded an addon, just copy it to your device and run it by clicking on it. Addon should be installed automatically.)

-playlist plugins (I've added asx and m3u plugins for creating playlists but in a ner future maybe a new plugin will be included. For now, it cannot be developed by someone else.)

-album path (finally you can change the path to your music files. By default it's set to Storage Card\Music but you can change it to another path.)

-bypass titanium limit to 30 pages per panel (I don't know why titanium allows only to display 30 pages... but I've made a simple trich to avoid that. If you slide to the last album you'll see under Right SK a 'Next' option. It will change pages to next 30 albums and so on. The first page from over 30 albums will have a 'Previous' option to go back. This technique supports over 4000 albums so don't worry ;) )

-support for additional players (by modifying the Players.ini file you can add additional players to SA2. But there's one important thing - the new player must support an avalible playlist format. So if SA2 has asx and m3u your player should support it)

-progress stripe (you can see progress of creating database, creating playlists files or applying new skin)

Changes made from version 1.0:
-Support for WM6.5 (only Titanium)
-album limit to 30 albums
-dynamic preview

Your music files should be stored like this:
image.axd

for example:
image.axd

If you had sorted your folders like that, you can run my app.

For now, SlidingAlbums supports Windows Media Player, Pocket Player, Core Player and TCPMP.

This movie show how it works:

Installation on storage card is supported to.

Additional skins you can download from here.

Requirements:
- WM6.5 Professional
- SQL Compact Server 3.5
- .NET CF 3.5
- Unlocked device (with SDA Application Unlock, AppUnlock.cab or any similar app)

Installation process:
-install .NET Framework 3.5 and SQL Compact Server 3.5
-install SlidingAlbums
-make sure if your music file structure is good
-run SA2 and change your music path (if it's other than Storage Card\Music)
-choose your skin in the Skins menu and apply it
-update the database
-create playlists (it will also create new pages in SA panel in titanium)

Thanks to:
- Marek Butrowski (testing, testing and once again.... help)
- s3mtex (Romanian translation)
- Przemysław Barczyszyn (graphics for two skins)
- Marta Stolarek (English translation)
- sv0911 (German translation)
- master_lie (Russian translation)
- me for other less important things ;)

If you like this app, please donate :)

Last edited:

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
Hi Andrew excelent app; your app works too in WM6.5 professional?
If you can add support for other players like S2P or Nitrogen will be excelent.

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
The main exe works (you can run it) on WM6.5 Pro but as I don't know how to add a new panel to Titanium, it's useless....

I'm searching how to do it, and when it succeed, I'll update to a newer version.

The main problem is, that I don't have any WM6.5 Pro device (only my old Samsung SGH-i600 with WM6.1 Standard by NOKser).

Other players will be added as soon as the newer version will work on Pro systems :)

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
The main exe works (you can run it) on WM6.5 Pro but as I don't know how to add a new panel to Titanium, it's useless....

I'm searching how to do it, and when it succeed, I'll update to a newer version.

The main problem is, that I don't have any WM6.5 Pro device (only my old Samsung SGH-i600 with WM6.1 Standard by NOKser).

Other players will be added as soon as the newer version will work on Pro systems :)

Hi Andrew:
- To add a panel in titanium maybe help this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509492
its for panel installer for titanium for AppStar, this app lets add your panel to .cpr without modify the others panels.
- Maybe you can view this example:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=502504
Its original thread for Drkfngthdragnlrd, he port HTCAudioManager used in WM6 standard for WM65 Titanium, he use the slidingpanel system.
- I made a little mix about 2 apps before and made a installer for this HTCAudioManager panel that you can see here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3771530#post3771530
I hope this help, and thanks for your hard work

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
Hi Andrew:
- To add a panel in titanium maybe help this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509492

That's what I'm looking for! - I didn't know, that Titanium plugin needs a PLG file, and that's all I must add but I must write it myself, because my own installer can add a new panel under the selected from list ;) On the movie, you can see, that I've chosen CMusic, and under that was added SlidingAlbums.

On this weekend I hope that I'll finish it :]

Thanks!

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
That's what I'm looking for! - I didn't know, that Titanium plugin needs a PLG file, and that's all I must add but I must write it myself, because my own installer can add a new panel under the selected from list ;) On the movie, you can see, that I've chosen CMusic, and under that was added SlidingAlbums.

On this weekend I hope that I'll finish it :]

Thanks!

Its an excelent new. In the thread of AppInstaller exist an example for plg, it contain the same xml code that you put into cpr files.
I will wait the weekend to test your app.

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
It's working:

1b5c4b35a377019a.jpg

Now I must correct text positions, automitize it and I think, (maybe) it'll be ready tomorrow before midnight(in polish time).

UPDATE1:

The final layout will be like this one:

3abaede250194222.jpg

Last edited:

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
It's working:

Now I must correct text positions, automitize it and I think, (maybe) it'll be ready tomorrow before midnight(in polish time).

UPDATE1:

The final layout will be like this one:

3abaede250194222.jpg

Hi looks excelent!!!!!!!!
If you need some help with the layout maybe I could help you.
In this zip exist a plg made for appstar for have the item like you want, only you have to replace some items name.

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
Thank's but I've made a complete plg file for all resolutions so this one is not necessary.

Actual, after cab installation, you can choose where SlidingAlbums will be added (like for WM Std). All works fine. Other plug-ins don't have this function :]

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
Hi AndrewSpec.
I´m waiting for your Titanium version of this PlugIn, Will be awesone.
But, I have one question, what do you need to support other music players?
Thanks in advance.

PS:Are you planning to adapt your Brighter panel to titanium too? will be great.

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
Hi AndrewSpec.
I´m waiting for your Titanium version of this PlugIn, Will be awesone.
Hi, I'm sorry because I'm busy right now - exams....maybe on this weekend I'll finish it but I'm realy not sure ;) Be patient.

But, I have one question, what do you need to support other music players?
If you wanna help me with it, fine, I appreciate that :)
I need to know the exactly path to the exe file of the player with the name of that exe (on main memory and on storage card), next I'll need to know, what kind of playlist the player supports. Check if a player can play m3u, asx etc and send me a sample playlist.

PS:Are you planning to adapt your Brighter panel to titanium too? will be great.
Brightner supports only SGH-i600 and it's very hard to add support for other devices without having them....I'll try someday to add this to Titanium but it'll be a very long period of time while Brightner will support other devices. For now, when Brightner detects a device which is not compatible, it won't run but it'll show a guide and then the owner must follow these steps to generete a report for me, and finally when I get the report, I can add support for this device. But for now, Brightner is avalible for poland users (english is not supported (yet:) ))

Last edited:

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
If you wanna help me with it, fine, I appreciate that :)
I need to know the exactly path to the exe file of the player with the name of that exe (on main memory and on storage card), next I'll need to know, what kind of playlist the player supports. Check if a player can play m3u, asx etc and send me a sample playlist.

Hi Andrew:
Nitrogen:
EXE Path: Main memory: Program Files\Nitrogen\nitrogen.exe
Storage card: \Storage Card\Program Files\Nitrogen\nitrogen.exe

Playlist: Use his own format of playlist extension .npl (the developer says in the next release use other format like m3u too)-I rename the npl to txt and view 2 initial estrange character and the next are the list of mp3.

S2P:
EXE Path: Main Memory: Program Files\S2P\S2P.exe
Storage Card: The installer doesn´t allow to install in Storage card, but some people do that manually to \Storage Card\Program Files\S2P\S2P.exe

Playlist: Don´t use a playlist format, but use the same order of the mp3 like you recommend in your first post.
For example \Storage Card\Music\(Artist name)\(Album Name)\(Song Name).mp3

HTC Audio Manager:(just in case you wanted)
EXE Path: Main Memory: \Windows\Audiomanager.exe
Storage card: don´t supported (I think)

Playlist: Use an archive without extension. I rename to txt and show the list of mp3.

Last edited:

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
So here's the new version - 1.1

Finally, it supports Titanium in all resolutions:
  • VGA
  • QVGA
  • WQVGA
  • WVGA
  • Square

Also, I've fixed a bug that was causing SlidingAlbums panel disappearing. If you had over 30 albums, system couldn't handle so long string in the registry. For now, SlidingAlbums adds only 30 albums.

Order preview is now generated dynamically so it decreased the cab size.

1_thumb%201FA0B187.jpg
2[2]%203A4F1CAA.jpg

Download at first post.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
So here's the new version - 1.1

Finally, it supports Titanium in all resolutions:
  • VGA
  • QVGA
  • WQVGA
  • WVGA
  • Square

Also, I've fixed a bug that was causing SlidingAlbums panel disappearing. If you had over 30 albums, system couldn't handle so long string in the registry. For now, SlidingAlbums adds only 30 albums.

Order preview is now generated dynamically so it decreased the cab size.

Download at first post.

I installed the plugin and it shows up, but when configuring it, it comes up an error after clicking on creating list, it says

SlidingAlbum.exe
ArgumentException
Value does not fall within the expected range.
at
System. ThrowHelper. ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at
etc etc

asking to quit and the configuration is not made. I tried with different configurations, but with the same error.

rosmic

Jul 3, 2009
Andrew I've got some questions.
1. Is there any reg key to add new player? I'm using coreplayer. Anyway I give you the path.
CorePlayer
EXE Path: Main memory: \Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe
Storage card: \Storage Card\Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe

2. I have all my songs named like (track number).(track name) for example:
01.My way.mp3. So SlidingAlbums won't recognize my songs. Is there any reg key that could change it or could you add support for dot "." separator in next release?

AndrewSpec

Aug 14, 2008
Moto Z Play
Moto Z3 Play
1. Is there any reg key to add new player? I'm using coreplayer. Anyway I give you the path.
CorePlayer
EXE Path: Main memory: \Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe
Storage card: \Storage Card\Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe
There aren't any keys to add new players.
CorePlayer is supported but i thought that the file name is PLAYER.EXE. So it's case sensitive. Try to rename it to big letters :) I'll fix it on the next version.

2. I have all my songs named like (track number).(track name) for example:
01.My way.mp3. So SlidingAlbums won't recognize my songs. Is there any reg key that could change it or could you add support for dot "." separator in next release?
Later I'll check it. I'm surprised that this won't work :confused: My collection is always formated like this - 01-Title.mp3 and SlidingAlbums checks the folder for files that containing ".mp3".

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
How many playlists have SlidingAlbums created in /Storage Card/Music?

Also check how many pages are created in the registry - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\SlidingAlbums

No playlists were created in storage card/music.
In the registry there are only condensed page and page1 (configuration).

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
I don't know where I can locate this error. I've got not enough information. Maybe one of the folders from Music has a irregular name or a special character?

No, i have checked all folders, subfolders and music, and renamed some subfolders and music who had some characters in them, but still the same error for me.