RMA Failure. Options?

Search This thread

Chocobubba

Oct 18, 2012
I recently sent my tablet in for repair, and they sent it back seemingly untouched. It came with a paper with my info on it, but under the section listing the issues and the repairs done, both were left blank.

To summarize my issue, it'll randomly freeze during use or idle (not usually idle though) and if I put any pressure on the top left corner of the screen. The freezing sometimes causes screen glitches and after a moment or two, it reboots.

So, What are my options for contacting ASUS and trying to get this fixed/replaced, and what can I tell them I've done to try and fix it that is within the realm of warranty. (Factory reset? Flashed a stock rom? )

Thank you on advance!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00121

Are you based in the UK?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Zargon335

May 28, 2010
ASUS currently has my tablet for the 3rd time. All for the same issue (horrible flickering, screen turning off & on). The first two times they sent it back to me after performing a factory reset only, despite me telling them that I had done that numerous times.

After many many emails/chats/telephone calls I finally got them to agree to not send the device back to me without fixing the problem. I have recorded video of the problem which I e-mailed to them (not sure if that did any good or not).

Anyways, today I finally received word that they replaced the LCD panel and GPS module. My tablet will be shipped back to me today. My first RMA was in October. What a horrible mess this whole process has been.

Chocobubba

Oct 18, 2012
ASUS currently has my tablet for the 3rd time. All for the same issue (horrible flickering, screen turning off & on). The first two times they sent it back to me after performing a factory reset only, despite me telling them that I had done that numerous times.

After many many emails/chats/telephone calls I finally got them to agree to not send the device back to me without fixing the problem. I have recorded video of the problem which I e-mailed to them (not sure if that did any good or not).

Anyways, today I finally received word that they replaced the LCD panel and GPS module. My tablet will be shipped back to me today. My first RMA was in October. What a horrible mess this whole process has been.

If you don't mind me asking, who did you email?

From what I can tell all they did was pin a few stickers to my tablet and ship it right back. I'm not even sure they factory reset it. Lot of good it would have done.