XDA insults newbies yet can't even design search system probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kuromusha38

Feb 16, 2014
Sydney
Most people just find their device forum, bookmark it, and come back to it, right? If there are hundreds of other devices, and you don't own any of them, you shouldn't be visiting them, no?

? Read my first post. I don't care about other forum. I'm talking about the search function, which contains all the other forums which I do not care about.

I use "search all forums" everyday since I'm RC and more since I joined XDA Assist team.
I cannot know all forums for giving the good directions has request.
Therefore I use "Type to find your device" when the device is named or "Search all forums" when the request is for a generic device or app.
I use both search functions without problem, and I'm on Chrome and FF

Last edited:

NapalmDawn

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh
? Read my first post. I don't care about other forum. I'm talking about the search function, which contains all the other forums which I do not care about.

You're still pretty bad at the interwebs. In case you can't tell, that's not actually XDA's search function but rather the one built into the BB code. That search area you put in your screenshot is the same across thousands upon thousands of forum sites that use the same code (think the search function built into windows being the same across millions of PCs).

On the OTHER hand, the actual search functions that XDA has coded are the ones right up there in the upper right of this screen that say search all forums and type to find your device. Both of those are mind numbingly easy to use.

BretonGirl

Jun 4, 2012
The Big Apple
You know. This use to be a good site. Now every forum I have been on is either full of noob bashing cause they did something wrong or devs getting in trouble cause they link to another forum. XDA has become home of the nazi mods. I have personally seen all the bull crap thats been going on over on samsung area. I hope devs pull off this site. The once friendly site has been destroyed. Congrats nazis

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Comparing mods who are just trying to do their jobs and keep this huge community running smoothly to a group of people responsible for torturing and murdering millions of people? Ignorant is too kind a word for you.

I run an online community with over 22,000 members. Think it's easy to manage a large online community? Guess what, it's not. It's a lot of work. You wouldn't know because you just sit there at your computer whining and complaining like a 4 year old. Seriously, grow up.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Have you look at your search system, how about instead of wasting your time making videos insulting noobs and spend more time making a probably search system so that noobs can actually search what they looking for instead of watching your stupid insulting video telling them to do the very thing they want to do but can not do because the search system is not developed probably by self proclaimed developers.

Look at the search function, a person had to spend 10 minutes going through all the forums listed on the entire site to find the right forum to search in. It's obvious you guys have no ability of designing a proper search function to accommodate the amount of sub forums on the site.

So you might call us noobs at rooting or whatever, but I call you noobs at forum search development. Oh wait there is no design it's just a generic bulletin board.

If you're going to throw a tantrum you should PROBABLY know how to spell and write your insults PROPERLY. You should also do some homework before you post another nonsensical rant because you just made an ass out of yourself. There's nothing wrong with this site's search. You just don't understand how to use it, which amazes me because it really is not complicated.

raymond36136

Mar 18, 2008
Canton
Well good for you bretongirl. Want a pat on the back? I have been around since windows mobile pda days and have watched mods become complete donkeys. I realize this is not the easiest, but if you can't handle it and act professional then get the hell on. I don't care how stupid the question, we were all new once and all have needed guidance at least once. And to correct you, I didn't whine or complain. I did what America is great for. Spoke my mind. I didn't whine about how something I do is not easy. And nazi is the correct word. They may not be torturing people, but some mods have the same mentality. Have a great night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts