[Q] Baidu Folder on Stock 4.4.4

Search This thread

drafha

Hi,
Have you upgraded your Sony Xperia ZL Android to 4.4.4?
Do you have folder named "baidu" on your internal storage?
I have those folder on my internal storage, I flash the Android 4.4.4 through PC Companion I have try flash it several times but the "baidu" folder still exist, I did not see any new apps since upgraded from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 why there is now have baidu folder?
Which app that generate this folder?

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
I got the same folder after updating to 4.4.4. Don't know where it came from. Deleted it, for now it didn't come back... ;)

drafha

Did you factory reset/wipe your phone when updating? It might be from your old installs. I think I got such a folder when I installed ES File Explorer. I deleted it and it didn't come again.

Yes, I did factory reset when updating. Also trying "Repair my phone" which will wipe your data. But the folder still comes.

I got the same folder after updating to 4.4.4. Don't know where it came from. Deleted it, for now it didn't come back... ;)

I deleted it, but it will come again when you restart your phone. I have tried it several times.

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
I deleted it, but it will come again when you restart your phone. I have tried it several times.

Yes, you are right. It's back on my phone as well. Strange...

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Just searched a bit, many people on different devices got that folder. Seems to be related with google or the latest android version.

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Sometimes those folders come from in app ads or internet without your permission

TapaTalked from my Xperia™ (C660²) Z running Dirty Unicorns ROM!

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
Sometimes those folders come from in app ads or internet without your permission

I am using an ad blocker, which redirects requests for ads to local host. So I don't think it was generated by ad. Even if it was, it has to be the app that shows the ad, that generates the folder. Just because ad is displayed in an app it can't genrate a new folder.

I didn't have that folder on 4.3, and I'm quite sure I didn't have it on 4.4.2. Since the update to 4.4.4 I only installed one new app: Google Authenticator. Anyone with the baidu-folder using this app?
If not, it has to be created by a new system app or a app that was modified for .283.

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
I am using an ad blocker, which redirects requests for ads to local host. So I don't think it was generated by ad. Even if it was, it has to be the app that shows the ad, that generates the folder. Just because ad is displayed in an app it can't genrate a new folder.

I didn't have that folder on 4.3, and I'm quite sure I didn't have it on 4.4.2. Since the update to 4.4.4 I only installed one new app: Google Authenticator. Anyone with the baidu-folder using this app?
If not, it has to be created by a new system app or a app that was modified for .283.

Baidu is actually a new Chinese company. Similar to Google There is also baidu market. So it's impossible this be a system app.
That's why I'm saying it's caused by ads.
In some firmwares it's can break the security systems of the device and create this folder.

TapaTalked from my Xperia™ (C660²) Z running Dirty Unicorns ROM!

topsbr

May 1, 2010
Santo André - Sao Paulo
Same here...

I have tried tô delete thus foder, but when I restart my phone, this folder is show again...

Baidu is like a ¥€$€$$ here in Brazil...

Enviado do meu Sony Xperia ZQ usando Tapatalk.

norst

Oct 4, 2014
Hi,
Have you upgraded your Sony Xperia ZL Android to 4.4.4?
Do you have folder named "baidu" on your internal storage?
I have those folder on my internal storage, I flash the Android 4.4.4 through PC Companion I have try flash it several times but the "baidu" folder still exist, I did not see any new apps since upgraded from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 why there is now have baidu folder?
Which app that generate this folder?

I had a same folder on my new Xperia Z3 Compact.
In my case, it was "my Xperia".
It seems to contain some libraries that comes from "Baidu".

Please try blocking "my Xperia" if you don't need it.
1. Install android SDK.
2. Run adb shell ("adb shell").
3. Block my Xperia ("pm block com.sonymobile.mx.android")