New Nexus 4 Benchmarks from Anandtech show huge improvement!

Search This thread

yumcax

Aug 29, 2010
Seattle
ohsocreamy said:
As we know Anandtech published Nexus 4 benchmarks which show the phone underperforming significantly compared to its sister Optimus G. It appears they have since re-run the GLBenchmark tests and achieved much higher scores (in-line with the Optimus G) which they have not yet published.

You can analyse the full results here:
http://www.glbenchmark.com/phonedetails.jsp?benchmark=glpro25&D=Google+Nexus+4&testgroup=overall

Here is a brief summary of the main differences. They are very significant and the phone appears to perform as expected.

2c9H7.png

Result will be likely hitting screen cap of ~60fps.
With these new results here is how the phone would stack up against their published results for other models for the common Egypt HD Offscreen test:

KxbX6.png

Discuss. :)

Source (Reddit) , GLBench.

Last edited:

yumcax

Aug 29, 2010
Seattle

DarkRyoushii

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne
Can't wait to hear what went wrong with the original results, and if the thermal throttling is going to become an issue.

Come on anandtech release an explanation already!!!

omersak

Oct 15, 2010
I'm much more interested in the battery life tests. Hopefully those have gotten better.

+1

Although the new test suggests that the thermal throttling issues have ceased - meaning the CPU usage is more efficient and this should translate into big gains for battery life - I would like to see this confirmed.

Would shut a number of people up.

Reactions: estallings15

FISKER_Q

Feb 25, 2009
So as i said, something was indeed fishy with their preview. :)

Good to see it's solved though.

FISKER_Q

Feb 25, 2009
omg AS YOU SAID.

.... or as aaand and 200000 other people figured a copy paste phone should provide copy paste result.

That assumption could've been incorrect though as they are not a copy paste phone, definitely copy/paste hardware, but in theory the design could've been altered enough to be fatal for the thermals.

I was more going after the way they actually failed to properly document it.

BlueScreenJunky

Feb 25, 2010
For those of you who like me were wondering why these results were attributed to anand :
Click on the blue link for the test in question and it will bring up a list of logged tests. If you look on the right some are linked to anandtech's own GLBenchmark account.

Assuming he didn't run those benchmarks with the Nexus 4 stuck in a freezer, that's really good news indeed. Hope the battery life will also see an improvement to get on par with Optimus G.

Reactions: CaspaTheGhost

wind784

Apr 24, 2011
What is interesting are Benchmarks Anandtech released were done on November first, a day before this preview they released on the second, and some numbers match and others are vastly different. I am curious as to why this review was posted when it would seem obvious that something else was at issue and numbers from their own run the day before are skewed.

ASavva

Apr 13, 2012
Where are all of the trolls now?

Tail between their legs?

Sent with my fingers using xda premium

Top Liked Posts