[Q] Rebooting and roaming

Search This thread

boconnor341

Feb 13, 2013
****************UPDATE AGAIN

My phone number only seems to switch when I'm under "NV" for my CDMA subscription. It appears to be randomly switching back to NV periodically. If I put it in airplane and switch it back, it will correct my phone number and allow some messages to be sent. Any info on what settings should be there how to keep that from switching or any other info regarding this?

My phone number is currently showing up as 000-000-3720
My MIN is currently showing up as 0000003720

I do have a IMEI and MEID

Hello,

I have had two issues with the galaxy s3 since I got it. I never had any problems with my gnex but gs3 is killing me.

1. When I download AOSP roms like liquid smooth and mrom, the phone randomly will not send text messages and will frequently go into roaming. Even if it says I have 4g, it will still not always send text messages. Then it will randomly be fine for about 45 minutes and then go back into crap mode.

2. When I download touchwiz roms, everything appears to look normal and I have no problems with my phone calls or messages not sending, BUT my phone likes to randomly reboot when opening apps and especially with sending messages. I can reproduce the problem several times over by sending a text message.

Both seem to be sms related. But in many ways seem completely unrelated. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks

Bryan

Last edited:

jefmoody1

Sep 1, 2010
Orlando, Florida
Hello,

I have had two issues with the galaxy s3 since I got it. I never had any problems with my gnex but gs3 is killing me.

1. When I download AOSP roms like liquid smooth and mrom, the phone randomly will not send text messages and will frequently go into roaming. Even if it says I have 4g, it will still not always send text messages. Then it will randomly be fine for about 45 minutes and then go back into crap mode.

2. When I download touchwiz roms, everything appears to look normal and I have no problems with my phone calls or messages not sending, BUT my phone likes to randomly reboot when opening apps and especially with sending messages. I can reproduce the problem several times over by sending a text message.

Both seem to be sms related. But in many ways seem completely unrelated. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks

Bryan

Try turning off vibrate for notifications - it works in one older JB build.

sghrush

Nov 5, 2012
Hello,

Thanks
Bryan

I feel for you. I ruined my first S3 by downloading CM10.1. Never had issues with Galaxy Nexus. S3 is wonky when it comes to AOSP based roms (i.e, speakerphone echo, may lose MEI when flashing, AOKP ms 1 has occasional issues with sudden failed bluetooth connection issues in car, all Jellybean 4.2.1 AOSP based roms seems to have issues with cutting off streaming when traveling in your car via using iHeartRadio). I never had any of these issues with my Galaxy Nexus. When a better phone comes out, I will ditch this S3 fast for a phone that works better with custom AOSP roms. I sometimes long for my old Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited:

boconnor341

Feb 13, 2013
I feel for you. I ruined my first S3 by downloading CM10.1. Never had issues with Galaxy Nexus. S3 is wonky when it comes to AOSP based roms (i.e, speakerphone echo, may lose MEI when flashing, AOKP ms 1 has occasional issues with sudden failed bluetooth connection issues in car, all Jellybean 4.2.1 AOSP based roms seems to have issues with cutting off streaming when traveling in your car via using iHeartRadio). I never had any of these issues with my Galaxy Nexus. When a better phone comes out, I will ditch this S3 fast for a phone that works better with custom AOSP roms. I sometimes long for my old Galaxy Nexus.

There are certainly positives and negatives, but at this point the phone is unusable at times and I almost feel like it was a waste "upgrading". .

The issue exists with Touchwiz roms as well in that it reboots rather than go into roaming or fail to exchange data/txts.. Nobody has had this issue? I find it hard to believe I'm the only known case of this. Anyone have something similar or any options?

Could I benefit from starting completely over from stock? Anyone with knowledge pertaining to this would be greatly helpful.
Thanks

boconnor341

Feb 13, 2013
There are certainly positives and negatives, but at this point the phone is unusable at times and I almost feel like it was a waste "upgrading". .

The issue exists with Touchwiz roms as well in that it reboots rather than go into roaming or fail to exchange data/txts.. Nobody has had this issue? I find it hard to believe I'm the only known case of this. Anyone have something similar or any options?

Could I benefit from starting completely over from stock? Anyone with knowledge pertaining to this would be greatly helpful.
Thanks

updated again