Note 8 will be update to kitkat 4.4 by samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gwar1988

Mar 7, 2011
I just got the 4.4 update on my brand new Note 8 after an OTA quite surprisingly.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

gwar1988

Mar 7, 2011
Turns out I was so excited to update my note 8 that I imagined it. Sorry, guys. I saw 4.2.2 and thought it was 4.4.2.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

kmimix

Sep 26, 2011
Turns out I was so excited to update my note 8 that I imagined it. Sorry, guys. I saw 4.2.2 and thought it was 4.4.2.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

The same thing happened here, I really thought it was kitkat when I received the OTA notification, only to find out it was still jellybean... and probably the one with offset issues and all... (will switch to cyanogen, definitely...)

noname2no

Mar 2, 2014
Cyanogenmod 11.0 (nightly) already ships with 4.4.2

OK that article is a great news! BUT the question is When....we haven't even received 4.3 yet!!!!

Why not jumping to cyanogen? CM11 (4.4.2) nightlies are stable. I don't miss Samsung bloatware anymore. MyScript Stylus Beta (OCR keyboard) allows you to bypass the need for dedicated software. It works out of the box including both front and back camera. I haven't identified any weaknesses yet. Thanks to sbrissen & al.

Note: I have run Civato's 4.2.2 for 7 months and have no plan to revert back to it (however good Civato's ROM is).

Regards

Reactions: Riff76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well until all my 400 apps are updated to properly run 4.4, I'd rather wait it out. Nothing like app bugs on an android device. Doesn't any of you notice how much apps are being updated. Gosh, since X-mas there has been one update after another for compatibility issues with 4.4, or bugs because of backwards compatibility after the 4.4 fix. Common Google! Get your act together or MS will kicky your lilly white bahookie!

I've run several 4.4 ROMs on this device and have had zero app compatibility issues.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    So now that you have KK on your S4 do you still enjoy your Note 8? I have a Nexus5 (with KK )and a Note 8 and not once did I feel like I was missing out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My tablet and my phone serve different purposes. Just because my phone got updated does not change how I use my tablet. Personally, I don't care what version of the OS my phone or my tablet run, as long as I have a reliable device that serves my needs and performs well.
    Try KK out

KitKat for Sprint Galaxy S4 just pushed OTA. I am running it now. Point is, Samsung is not abandoning anyone, and they stated that the Note 8 will get KK. This is not iOS, there are a lot of different models with different hardware, and Android has to be modified and optimized to run on each one. Everyone be patient and realize that not only is the update coming, your have a perfectly functional tablet as it is and that the sky is not falling.

I agree with sputnik767.
    I tried KK on my 5110 with Slimkat rc1 from original development. Runs fast, no app problems But if you need full spen support for note taking etc, stay with a stock variation.
    I've gone back to Civato's 3.6.2 with sphere engine kernel & can highly recommend it. A solid full featured no nonsense (de-bloated) rom that runs faster & with more free overhead than full stock.
    Yes, your warranty is gone but it's easy to go back to full stock if you have to. Read all the posts for un-rooting & return FULLY & you'll have no problems.:good:
    I sure hope note 8 gets 4.4.2 cause i just bought it for 260$ (on sale) thinking that i was gonna get KK. At 1st i wanted to wait for a note pro 8.4 but no announcements yet. Also thought that a note pro 8.4 was going to cost close to double what i payed for the note 8. I have CM11 4.4.2 on my S3 and love it but im not ready to waste those TW spen features which is why i didn't go for a nexus 7. Im confidant that note 8 will get KK because note 10.1 2014 edition is for sure getting it so why not make it for note 8 as well and we all know the hardware can handle it =)

I mean Samsung did state that KK is coming to the Note 8 and the device is less than a year old. It's not a question of if, but when. In any case, I hope you're not expecting anything different or spectacular from KK. I have the official update on my Sprint S4, and you would be really hard pressed to tell a difference. Looks the same as JB, and works the same. It's not any faster, it did not come with any new features that I could tell, battery life is about the same. TW did not change. Only thing is that you can install the Google Now launcher and have the ability to start a search by saying "hey Google" on the home screen. It's cool but whatever. I have no complaints about JB and couldn't care less about KK.