Unable to back up on ExtSdcard

Search This thread

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Hi guys,

I was trying to back up my nova feature to my SD card and for x reason it didn't work. Saving to internal storage work but that would be useless when wiping for a new ROM, I noticed I can't transfer files from my device too ( internal to SD gotta be done by computer). SD card is a 32gb Kingston

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

qinghong67

Jun 7, 2012
Hi guys,

I was trying to back up my nova feature to my SD card and for x reason it didn't work. Saving to internal storage work but that would be useless when wiping for a new ROM, I noticed I can't transfer files from my device too ( internal to SD gotta be done by computer). SD card is a 32gb Kingston

Thanks

Hi There

Google has blocked the permission to write to sd card.
easiser solution is download SDFIX from google play.
root required.

Reactions: xaznxplaya

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys,

Thanks

Use Samsung's own app for file moving, worked for me with with multimedia files.

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
Save it to phone memory then transfer to sd card using my files app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
SDFix definitely fixes the issue if you are rooted. Android 4.4 changes the stock permissions, so apps only have read/write permissions to folders that they create and can't write to folders created manually or by other apps. SDFix restores permissions to how they were prior to 4.4. Its less secure, but it allows programs like Titanium Backup to function again.

Any idea why did they did? I'll try it, thanks

sent from my s5 you 'Mirin?

atilla88

Jun 3, 2011
Hamburg
I have no problems with nova backup to sd on my s4,and its on 4.4 too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
Right now there isn't a way to change the folder where the Nova backups are stored (/sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.launcher/backup). What you can do next time is make your backup and then copy it to your SD card or PC. When you do your next reset you can copy that backup file back to where it's expected to be and be back in business. Kind of poor coding that you can't just save it to your SD in the first place...

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Sdfix did work guys. I used it to backup Nova setting on ExtSd

sent from my s5 you 'Mirin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks

Hi There

Google has blocked the permission to write to sd card.
    easiser solution is download SDFIX from google play.
    root required.
    An app called File expert can read/write to external xd card without root. They have sorted this issue out