Glass screen protector

Search This thread

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
well I did it, i bought the $5 supposedly 0.15mm glass protector... and i'll be damned it's actually glass. since i had also bought a 0.2mm glass chinese one which even says glass.tr on the package i figured why not see if this $5 one breaks. i bent it and there was a loud crack noise and the film was shattered internally. i'll add pictures to a new thread.

That one works great for me...called cybertech I think.

alexander2020

Apr 21, 2014
This is really amazing when I found this really ideal stuff for my cellphone. I wouldn't compromise on the safety of my phone, so I found SAMSUNG Galaxy S5 Screen Protector - GEARMAXX Ultra Clear for the perfect screen protector for my phone. Feeling really happy. :D

enfurno

Apr 13, 2010
www.clickrover.com
For those who are asking about fingerprint recognition, I actually find that it is better. Reason being this, the glass (at least on the luvvitt) sits almost flush with the home button, therefore my thumb naturally rides across the home button as it is expected. Much easier to open the device with the glass protector on in my case. Much, much easier.

Reactions: marcochapita

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the benefit in daily use with a tempered glass screen protector as opposed to a more traditional one?

Several benefits. Feels like glass and is much, much nicer to use than the plastic ones. Also they will shatter in the event you drop your phone face down and saves your actual screen. This is great because it's much easier to replace a $25 dollar glass screen protector than a $100-$200 screen. Mime USA makes my favorite. I have used many over the years but none better than Mime's and Mime's customer service is superb. No one else's even compares to it. Would never think of buying any where else again.
    What was the reason for the refund.

Inventory adjustment!

Sad, now I got to go find more. :(
    I got the Spigen GLAS.tR, sure its pretty expensive, but its the first glass screen protector I had on my S4 and one year later not a single scratch I could see without directly shining light on it, and my mobile goes in the same pocket as my very large keyring.

Maybe there is cheaper options but I am cool with spending $40 on a screen protector that will guarantee results.
    Anyone with one installed -- does it make it harder to push the home button?

Not really since it is situated higher than past models. What I have noticed is that if you do use the scanner, you need to press a tad bit for the reader to work well since it is not flush with the glass, it is just about a hair width deep. It's a non-issue, for me at least but YMMV.
    Not on the SPIGEN Glad.t nano R.

The home button is flush with the screen protector so easy to press and use the finger scanner.

Can anyone post any images with these things fitted?

I'm thinking of spigen nano glas.tr 0.23mm.

Would love to.see images of it on the device.