HTC one AOSP roms

Search This thread

rossida

Dec 25, 2012
So im on an unlocked verizon htc one m8 and want to install an aosp rom. On the verizon forums for this phone, there are not many roms available but here in what i assume is general forums for the phone, there are many. Can i install any rom or does it have to be from the verizon forums specifically for verizon? Also does the same thing apply to kernels?

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Check with the individual ROM. For cm it is a universal zip for all carriers. Dunno what the other large devs will be doing when it comes to Verizon. However even if it flashes there isn't one that is daily driver stable in my books (the darn camera bugs). Kernels, no. Those won't be universal Verizon uses different partitions and it will end bad. There's talk of an aosp kernel in one of the threads, Andy's I think, on Verizon. Dunno what will come of it but keep your eyes peeled.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rossida

Dec 25, 2012
Check with the individual ROM. For cm it is a universal zip for all carriers. Dunno what the other large devs will be doing when it comes to Verizon. However even if it flashes there isn't one that is daily driver stable in my books (the darn camera bugs). Kernels, no. Those won't be universal Verizon uses different partitions and it will end bad. There's talk of an aosp kernel in one of the threads, Andy's I think, on Verizon. Dunno what will come of it but keep your eyes peeled.

Ok thanks for your help. I see some like liquid I think that's doing a universal build. I was wondering about aospa. And I heard it very blotchy right now with all aosp toms but the awesome devs here at xda will get it done right in no time. Thanks again for your help. Just one more question. If I were to flash a Rom can I just change the kernel to work with Verizon or will it not work at all after flashing a Rom?

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Ok thanks for your help. I see some like liquid I think that's doing a universal build. I was wondering about aospa. And I heard it very blotchy right now with all aosp toms but the awesome devs here at xda will get it done right in no time. Thanks again for your help. Just one more question. If I were to flash a Rom can I just change the kernel to work with Verizon or will it not work at all after flashing a Rom?

They'd have to port it for Verizon. I wouldn't worry though personally I prefer stock kernel

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
I believe they all have the weak wifi and some other issues, The rom's run but you should wait if you're looking for a daily driver. The stock roms run smooth with great battery life.