[ROM][22/1/12][U8800][MIUI][v2.1.20][MULTILINGUAL][2.6.35 Kernel]

Search This thread

ret4rt

Jul 3, 2010
Hello and happy new year!!
Starting a new thread for MIUI u8800 with the 2.6.35 kernel branch to avoid confusion with the old branch.
I am not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
Visit the project homepage here!

Installation Instructions
  1. First of all you need to upgrade to official 2.3.5 release from Huawei.
  2. Get the official upgrade from here and follow the installation instructions inside the zip.
  3. Afterwards follow this nice guide on how to root and install CWM recovery on your phone. (thanks to That-Guy)
  4. Recommended recovery is this (thanks to Blefish)
  5. If you came from another rom wipe Data/Cache/DavlikVM.
  6. If you are upgrading wipe Cache/DavlikVM.
  7. Apply the zip package as usual through CWM!
  8. Njoy!

Thanks
First of all thanks to all the developers supporting this device.
Thanks to Blefish, Darksage07, dzo, genokolar, ksatta, stockwell and anyone else i might forget.
Special thanks to genokolar and dzo for providing the kernel.
Thanks to the Desire Z MIUI port community as without it there wouldn't be this port too.
Thanks to MIUI-XJ for the translations.
Anyone else i forget.

BUGS
  • Audio hiss in low volume from speaker.

Notes
  • For the time being you can use Volume+ to tweak the audio. Get it from here!
  • Languages Supported: English, Chinese, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Hebrew, Vietnamese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, Danish, Hungarian, Slovenian, Greek, Turkish.
  • A bug to be confirmed should be reported by at least two people or have a proper replication method.
  • Please don't spam the thread with useless posts. If you want to thank there is the thanks button if you want to ***** please don't do it. Keep it clean.

Addons

FAQ
  • Some translations are not good either missing stuff can you fix it?
    No. I don't do the translations neither intend too. I just implement them.
  • When will you release the next update?
    Will try to bring the next beta every Sunday nothing is for sure though and it depends on my free time.
  • I have an issue that i think it's a bug how can i report this?
    State the version you are using, explain it thoroughly providing information on when it occurs and under what circumstances, use proper English, use common sense, have patience.

Downloads

• 22/01/2012 MIUI 2.1.20 Multilingual Download
    Official Changelog
    u8800 changelog
    1. Nothing new.
  • 15/1/2012 MIUI 2.1.13 MultiLingual Download
    Official Changelog
    u8800 changelog
    1. Tweaked a bit cpu voltages according to the old vdd levels franco used. Should get a bit more of battery life in frequencies under 1024 and more stability over it.
    2. Added a couple of new governors to have fun to (lagfree, lazy, interactivex, minmax, scary, smoothass).
    3. Fixed native wifi tethering.
    4. In call volume/quality is better but there is still some noise in low volume.
  • 9/1/2012 MIUI 2.1.6 MultiLingual Download
    Official Changelog
    u8800 changelog
    1. From this version and on no mods will be included. This is a clean MIUI. For mods check the addons section.
    2. Fixed most of the issues should be stable now.
  • 4/1/2012 MIUI 1.12.30 MultiLingual Download
    Official Changelog
    u8800 changelog v2
    1. Fixed torch and superuser issue.
    2. You'll have to use MoreLocale 2 to switch to another language now. Old framework was causing me issues so will stick to the unmodified one.
    3. Some really nice transitions added!
    4. Using desire-z framework instead of miui-au should now be more stable and with better battery life.
    5. Removed extended settings mod / app drawer. Check the miui android forums if you want to install them by your own from now on. Only mod i will continue implement is the t9 dialer mod.
    6. Maxthon as default browser.
    u8800 changelog
    1. Initial release with the new kernel branch 2.6.35.
    2. Can now mount both internal and external sdcard with no problems.
    3. The usual stuff from MIUI-AU and MIUI-XJ.
    4. Some changes reverted in build.prop that actually caused worst performance instead of better.
    5. Cleaned up init.d scripts.

Last edited:

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
you didnt get any glicht or freezes o the screen, because this is my major problem on the gingerbread rom from huawei.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
Looking nice. So only difference to other is kernel?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

snake_boss

Sep 1, 2010
Porto
Can tell us why it's necessary to upgrade to official first? I know it's needed, but I would like to know why, the reason beyond this....

Thanks m8!

levibuko

Jul 31, 2010
Does this have the same camera as the official rom?

Sent from my U8800 using XDA App

Last edited:

n0_xQuZe

Sep 6, 2011
I used to love this guy because of his excellent work with miui but now that i read this topic and all that attitude of his all over the place i'm very dissapointed. Such a bad attitude that i really can't do him the honour to install his rom.

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
I used to love this guy because of his excellent work with miui but now that i read this topic and all that attitude of his all over the place i'm very dissapointed. Such a bad attitude that i really can't do him the honour to install his rom.
I haven't encountered anything negative from ret4rt. If anything, this community is ungrateful and rude to the developers. The devs are doing this for free remember.

Flashing ATM, will report back in an hour or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hevvy and freeko2

NihilistWarGod

Oct 22, 2011
Coimbra
I agree with ooie. Who cares about the attitude or whatever... The FAQs are there because people don´t like to read much and don´t care about searching for the information.
We care about the work and I´m grateful. I´m still using "his" Froyo based MIUI and in a few days I will try this one.

ret4rt

Jul 3, 2010
Can tell us why it's necessary to upgrade to official first? I know it's needed, but I would like to know why, the reason beyond this....

Thanks m8!

After the upgrade there are changes made to the base image of the phone that will only work with the 2.6.35 kernel.

how much get antutu score ? 3000+ ? 3d score 1000+? new cm7 4 jaunary update getting 3150 score from antutu.

I get 2639 overall with 1ghz.

It has the same camera libs yes.

I guess you are referring to the FAQ. Many of the things i'm writing are mostly with a humorous attitude so please don't hate me :)

Anyway the major issues so far is the random reboots and battery life and that's where i'm focused now. If you can't stand them for the time being or don't want to test please don't install this one and use the one with the 2.6.32 kernel that is stable.

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
Flashed this on top of genokolars .35 1.12.16 MIUI and it works fine!

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
you have what screen, the atmel one? this problems that iam speaking about can be because of the original kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello and happy new year!!
    Starting a new thread for MIUI u8800 with the 2.6.35 kernel branch to avoid confusion with the old branch.
    I am not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
    Visit the project homepage here!

Installation Instructions
    1. First of all you need to upgrade to official 2.3.5 release from Huawei.
    2. Get the official upgrade from here and follow the installation instructions inside the zip.
    3. Afterwards follow this nice guide on how to root and install CWM recovery on your phone. (thanks to That-Guy)
    4. Recommended recovery is this (thanks to Blefish)
    5. If you came from another rom wipe Data/Cache/DavlikVM.
    6. If you are upgrading wipe Cache/DavlikVM.
    7. Apply the zip package as usual through CWM!
    8. Njoy!

Thanks
    First of all thanks to all the developers supporting this device.
    Thanks to Blefish, Darksage07, dzo, genokolar, ksatta, stockwell and anyone else i might forget.
    Special thanks to genokolar and dzo for providing the kernel.
    Thanks to the Desire Z MIUI port community as without it there wouldn't be this port too.
    Thanks to MIUI-XJ for the translations.
    Anyone else i forget.

BUGS
    • Audio hiss in low volume from speaker.

Notes
    • For the time being you can use Volume+ to tweak the audio. Get it from here!
    • Languages Supported: English, Chinese, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Hebrew, Vietnamese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, Danish, Hungarian, Slovenian, Greek, Turkish.
    • A bug to be confirmed should be reported by at least two people or have a proper replication method.
    • Please don't spam the thread with useless posts. If you want to thank there is the thanks button if you want to ***** please don't do it. Keep it clean.

Addons

FAQ
    • Some translations are not good either missing stuff can you fix it?
      No. I don't do the translations neither intend too. I just implement them.
    • When will you release the next update?
      Will try to bring the next beta every Sunday nothing is for sure though and it depends on my free time.
    • I have an issue that i think it's a bug how can i report this?
      State the version you are using, explain it thoroughly providing information on when it occurs and under what circumstances, use proper English, use common sense, have patience.

Downloads

• 22/01/2012 MIUI 2.1.20 Multilingual Download
      Official Changelog
      u8800 changelog
      1. Nothing new.
    • 15/1/2012 MIUI 2.1.13 MultiLingual Download
      Official Changelog
      u8800 changelog
      1. Tweaked a bit cpu voltages according to the old vdd levels franco used. Should get a bit more of battery life in frequencies under 1024 and more stability over it.
      2. Added a couple of new governors to have fun to (lagfree, lazy, interactivex, minmax, scary, smoothass).
      3. Fixed native wifi tethering.
      4. In call volume/quality is better but there is still some noise in low volume.
    • 9/1/2012 MIUI 2.1.6 MultiLingual Download
      Official Changelog
      u8800 changelog
      1. From this version and on no mods will be included. This is a clean MIUI. For mods check the addons section.
      2. Fixed most of the issues should be stable now.
    • 4/1/2012 MIUI 1.12.30 MultiLingual Download
      Official Changelog
      u8800 changelog v2
      1. Fixed torch and superuser issue.
      2. You'll have to use MoreLocale 2 to switch to another language now. Old framework was causing me issues so will stick to the unmodified one.
      3. Some really nice transitions added!
      4. Using desire-z framework instead of miui-au should now be more stable and with better battery life.
      5. Removed extended settings mod / app drawer. Check the miui android forums if you want to install them by your own from now on. Only mod i will continue implement is the t9 dialer mod.
      6. Maxthon as default browser.
      u8800 changelog
      1. Initial release with the new kernel branch 2.6.35.
      2. Can now mount both internal and external sdcard with no problems.
      3. The usual stuff from MIUI-AU and MIUI-XJ.
      4. Some changes reverted in build.prop that actually caused worst performance instead of better.
      5. Cleaned up init.d scripts.

Thanks m8!

After the upgrade there are changes made to the base image of the phone that will only work with the 2.6.35 kernel.

how much get antutu score ? 3000+ ? 3d score 1000+? new cm7 4 jaunary update getting 3150 score from antutu.

I get 2639 overall with 1ghz.

It has the same camera libs yes.

I guess you are referring to the FAQ. Many of the things i'm writing are mostly with a humorous attitude so please don't hate me :)

Anyway the major issues so far is the random reboots and battery life and that's where i'm focused now. If you can't stand them for the time being or don't want to test please don't install this one and use the one with the 2.6.32 kernel that is stable.
    updated, testing, then i come back with news.

i noticed you said it supports Portuguese, but it don´t show on language selection :(

also missing X5 settings, i installed it from previous ROM, it still wont save many config´s, only saves CPU governor and Frequency

can´t install 4wayreboot fails in CWM 5.0.2.7

my first impression is that is very fast...

in call noise still there...

Portugues is there (Brasil & Portugal) under system settings-> language.
    X5 Settings are removed as most of the options were kernel specific and won't work with this kernel. You can do the overclock with any app from the market (ex. No Frills CPU).
    About the mods as i stated on the 1st post won't be supported anymore.
    About noise yes there is still.

Hi, thanks for the update.

This new version freezes and reboots... and also asks for sim network unlock pin.
    What could it be?

P.S. I know why it freezes. If I try to turn on the Wi-Fi, that is what happens. First it does not detect any network, than it freezes and finally it reboots... The only way to stop it is to flash again...

My bad i have uploaded a testing version. The right package to flash is miuiandroid_IdeosX5-2.1.6.zip.

r4tard, did you tried this ROM before posting?

Why would you post something totally broken. "Fixed most of the issues should be stable now."

Seriously?

My bad i have uploaded a testing version. The right package to flash is miuiandroid_IdeosX5-2.1.6.zip.
    About your attitude though.. seriously gtfo if you don't like something at least respect the time i'm putting here.

I also have folowed these steps :
    1-Factory Reset;
    2-Install Rom;
    3-Let the phone boot (if it doesn't boot take of the battery);
    4-Factory reset again;
    5-Install rom again;

Still freezes and reboots everytime I try to turn Wi-Fi on (and no Wi-Fi network list).

But now, it just "quick" reboots, says my SD card is ready to be removed... argh... can't even have access to my SD card by usb, lool.

Thanks for the update!

I'm not sure if there's an FPS limit in this rom/kernel, but all animations and transitions are really slow. It's best witnessed with the screen off CRT animation.

Even the always-supersmooth UberMusic lags horribly with this newest release. I suspect there's an FPS cap in action..

Seems like market issue solved in this release.
    But graphic performance seems like dropped at a bit.

ok i updated from v2 (which was very good and stable) to this latest release and i never get so disapointed with a rom in this equipment . basically the phone randomly reboots from minute to minute, when i slide to unlock it reboots, when i go to settings it reboots, when i open wireless settings it reboots, even with no reason when its idle it reboots! when the screen goes off it takes like 20 seconds to turn off, the animation is so laggy that i can count how much frames the whole animation takes to turn off the screen. the same happens when i slide and navigate in the laucher.

the problems i reported in latest release (v2) persist in this one, along with those major bugs that turn this rom unusable.

-edit-
    i get back to v2 and now its all ok again...

ret4rt ,new egl driver on cm7 include in your miui?

yes.

4 Way Reboot not work :(

x5settings not

1st post all your replies.

Hello just installed the 2.1.6 on my phone after wipe cache/dalvik.
    why i cant shutdown my phone through power button? :p
    when i long press it ,notification bar just scrolls down!
    i know that 4way reboot has been removed but also the simple shutdown feature?
    please enlighten me!

-wifi works fine
    -no random reboots
    You have to press the shutdown button from the MIUI dropdown to shutdown. That's how MIUI works what you were using so far was the 4way reboot.
    I haven't encountered anything negative from ret4rt. If anything, this community is ungrateful and rude to the developers. The devs are doing this for free remember.

Flashing ATM, will report back in an hour or so.
    Could you upload this apk to somewhere? Thx

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X5
    search market for this one => information => device => input devices => more information and then you can see your touch panel (mine is synaptics RMI4)