BGR just trashed the AT&T Note!!

Search This thread

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
That is THE strangest hands-on I have ever read.

The phone is too big. You will look stupid talking on it, people will laugh at you, and you’ll be unhappy if you buy it. I really can’t get around this, unfortunately, because Samsung pushed things way too far this time.

Not even sure what to say.

ultravorx

Jul 21, 2010
That is THE strangest hands-on I have ever read.

The phone is too big. You will look stupid talking on it, people will laugh at you, and you’ll be unhappy if you buy it. I really can’t get around this, unfortunately, because Samsung pushed things way too far this time.

Not even sure what to say.

Its very embarassing to publish something like that. Sounds like a little kid tyrade!!

Feb 6, 2012
Boulder, CO
The Galaxy Note essentially has everything you’d want in a smartphone: a great dual-core processor, a solid camera, a beautiful display and good build quality, and it runs on AT&T’s new 4G LTE network that delivers incredibly fast downloads speeds. Plus the battery seems actually decent so far, which is a triumph for modern smartphones.

Throw all of that right out the window.

The phone is too big.

Essentially: Nothing but praise, but it's too big!

If you look at the first picture you can see that the "reviewer" has pretty small hands. It's fair to write an article saying that the phone doesn't work for you, but to say that anyone who uses the phone looks ridiculous and that people will laugh at you is just poor journalism.

I think size 6 shoes are too small, but I don't go around criticizing people that wear them...

Last edited:

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
it's not something I hide...I can't stand that site.. they rarely back anything up

but this kind of thing happens often with android phones in general....

they get used to simply point out how much better some other device is.

Reactions: Mauijpm

planoman

Nov 30, 2010
Plano, Texas
Did you expect anything less from this apple fanboi? He just had not been told by apple yet that a 5.3 inch screen is better than a 3.5 inch screen.

Last edited:

alejate76

Mar 31, 2011
No sense in waiting to get the phone to prove him "wrong". The phone is / will be amazing and the biggest reason I personally bought it was for its size. The guy who wrote the article doesn't like things that are big.......just the same way some people would prefer to drive a Civic over a lifted F350 Diesel. Big deal? The guy is entitled to his opinion as much as you are entitled to your right to buy and enjoy the best smartphone currently out.

I will give him 2 thumbs up on the comment about Android Phones having 7 different flagships in the same year......that part needed to be said. Each time I walk into an AT&T or Verizon store, they have a different lineup of Android phones....but the iPhone is sitting there...in the same place it has for months.....and still outselling all the rest.

Be secure with your purchase - and use it because YOU want to use it, not to use it to prove someone else wrong. That's just......silly.

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
This image sums up my reaction to the article.

tumblr_ky7qujFlRD1qzn2wro1_500.jpg

ap3604

Feb 20, 2010
Im kind of at a loss for words on this one.

Yes, it is a large phone
Yes, it is not inteded for the general population

but there is no need to hammer it for its size. The size is what makes it unique and functional!

BGR --- "but, But, BUT... It's not the size of an iPhone!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah" :rolleyes:

unibomber

Aug 23, 2008
Toronto
Im 6'5 and have big hands. I own a HTC Desire HD and every time i went to type on a new rom i either had to install a new keyboard theme with bigger keys or turn to landscape to type. This phone is exactly what i need. Having a stylus is great too because some people can write faster than typing...i do see gimmicks here but what phone doesnt have them? its how they sell. some people use them, some dont.

BGR Stinks

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
its not a review but a rant.

Not really sure he's claiming anything different, and he does say a proper review is forthcoming. I don't follow bgr--and after reading this I definitely won't--but posting childish rants like this just strikes me as the sort of thing people should reserve for their livejournals and not for a site that would like to provide credible tech info and reviews.

Is the phone too big? As many (reasonable) posters have said in this forum, that's a matter of opinion. Obviously Mr. Geller feels that it is, but I can't imagine why anyone posting with that tone would expect to be taken seriously. The iPhone comparison is particularly ridiculous at this point; while it is more or less indisputable that Samsung's Galaxy line took a great deal of inspiration from the iPhone design (he should have found a pic of the international note with its physical home button to up the similarity!), the Note actually looks significantly less like the iPhone than some of the earlier incarnations. That sort of comparison would be better suited to some BS patent infringement case filing.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
This type of article is exactly why I have been posting the details I can get like I did with my in and review thread. tons of details and a few opinions.

I am no journalist but I like to believe people get something useful from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts