home screen lag

Search This thread

longleylufc

Apr 11, 2012
Anyone else experiencing the home screen reloading itself when coming out of an app or internet browser. It's annoying the hell out of me surely a quad core phone shouldn't be experiencing lag. Also internet browser is pretty laggy too

DaveDesire

Apr 22, 2010
What firmware version are you on? Sense reload bug was fixed in the 1.21.28 OTA

In terms of browser lag, turn HTC gestures off in settings or use a different browser like Chrome

longleylufc

Apr 11, 2012
Firmware is whatever it came with on Vodafone contract checked for updates and it says my phone is up to date.

Internet browser I use is dolphin hd

PaulWilks

Feb 5, 2011
I have had this. It seemed to almost go away with the 1.28 OTA update but it's still ever-so-slightly noticeable.

audioslim

Oct 7, 2010
Manchester
I'm on latest F/W and you still notice a slight pause going back to home screen. No loading or anything but its still there for sure.

No big deal.

Slim

Reactions: Roybenz

Roybenz

Dec 16, 2009
I had 1.26. Mine was very laggy, especially when i had 4x4 favorites contacts widget. This was so irritating that i sold the phone.

Has this been fixed in 1.28 ?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Its not the CPU or device fault, its sense launcher its laggy when the widgets gets populated, its slightly better in 1.28 but still laggy

why? because every widget is made from layers to make the very slight 3d depth effect, think of it as if you put 5x times the amount of widgets, its just dodgy code

in Sense 3.x i made a hack that solved the issue by flattening/pausing every widget during page scroll (ultra rosie)

download Apex launcher (based on stock ICS launcher) and see how fast this device is....

Apex launcher+matte htc skin+andoird power widgets(ics skin)

Last edited:

ramis7

Jan 9, 2009
Zürich
I am on 1.28 and still get the loading screen from time to time, hugely annoying when it happens.

Check your phone setting properly. because i had the same problem then i unchecked some options in setting, then everything was fine. what option? right now i can't tell you because my phone is not with me. write u later.

Techimplant

Mar 14, 2012
Delhi
Guys here is the solution..go to settings>developer options> Don't keep Activities..check it..n close the settings..make sure u close the settings from recent tasks too..n then go there again n UNCHECK it..n close the settings..reboot..this should fix the lag n loading screens problems..:D

Sent from my Stunning White HTC One X

Reactions: Roybenz

Roybenz

Dec 16, 2009
Sweet. Thanks. Im trying now :)

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Its still laggy when i have The contacts widget

Techimplant

Mar 14, 2012
Delhi
Sweet. Thanks. Im trying now :)

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Its still laggy when i have The contacts widget

Oh there is a simple solution..lose the contacts widget..u have the mighty One X..so people aren't that important anymore..lose them :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on latest F/W and you still notice a slight pause going back to home screen. No loading or anything but its still there for sure.

No big deal.

Slim
    Guys here is the solution..go to settings>developer options> Don't keep Activities..check it..n close the settings..make sure u close the settings from recent tasks too..n then go there again n UNCHECK it..n close the settings..reboot..this should fix the lag n loading screens problems..:D