Sprint Note 3 4.3 Stock PIT

Search This thread

stripedrex

Jun 20, 2007
So my attempts to return my phone back to unrooted condition (odin stock rom back in) so I can OTA update from Jellybean to KitKat failed. I now tripped knox (I suppose who cares right?) and the rom wouldn't install and discovered I had to reinstall a PIT file to be able to boot again. I don't think I have a stock one because now when I try to OTA update it tells me it can't because it's been tampered with. Does anyone have the stock Sprint Note 3 PIT file for Android 4.3? I'm hoping after putting a stock PIT in there the OTA update will work? Or is it because I'm rooted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I did do a search didn't find any stock PIT files on this forum. If I missed the thread apologies.

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
So my attempts to return my phone back to unrooted condition (odin stock rom back in) so I can OTA update from Jellybean to KitKat failed. I now tripped knox (I suppose who cares right?) and the rom wouldn't install and discovered I had to reinstall a PIT file to be able to boot again. I don't think I have a stock one because now when I try to OTA update it tells me it can't because it's been tampered with. Does anyone have the stock Sprint Note 3 PIT file for Android 4.3? I'm hoping after putting a stock PIT in there the OTA update will work? Or is it because I'm rooted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I did do a search didn't find any stock PIT files on this forum. If I missed the thread apologies.

Odin stock tar, factory data reset, take the ota or download the nc5d update zip and flash in stock recovery, if thats what you are after. Then root. ota wont take if system status is custom.

stripedrex

Jun 20, 2007
Odin stock tar, factory data reset, take the ota or download the nc5d update zip and flash in stock recovery, if thats what you are after. Then root. ota wont take if system status is custom.

Thank you sir. Actually turns out I was loading the wrong stock ROM. The right one was here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50486348&postcount=45

Hopefully this helps someone else out that stumbles on to this. If you appear to have bricked your phone with the wrong ROM just reflash the PIT then try this one (I was Sprint Note 3 Android version 4.3).

I'm in the middle of an OTA update now =).

Last edited: