[BOOT ANIMATION]The Screaming Droid! Now With Sound!!! (Updated 3/13/11)

Search This thread

ASimmons

Retired Recognized Developer
May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
UPDATE:
First I want to thank every one, I also want to give a shout out to
Mrdaviso
for making the sound possible on cm7, please give him thanks for his thread on this. I've been waiting to have sound for the animation for sooo long and now it finally works and thanks to him.

I stripped all the text out of the animation except for the android logo and the preview below is exactly what it is, he screams and then stares at you and blinks until your phone boots.

The scream I choose is one I thought was appropriate... the original Godzilla roar! But if you really want, and I honestly would love to see more sound files made, please offer others. You can use mine as a template for syncing with the animation. I love to see others post sounds for this!

Heres the d/l link hope you guys like this.This zip file contains the bootanimation.zip, android_audio.mp3 (godzilla) and the bootsnd.sh (to setup sound playing on phone bootup)

Installation of the new un-branded versions with sound!!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

First how to setup boot animation sound on cm (link to the op):

To install boot animation:
1. just unzip the screaming_android_with_sound.zip file on the root of your sdcard
2. copy the bootanimation.zip file to the system/media folder replacing the old one or renaming the old one and copying this one over if your just testing.
3. Android wins again!

Changing the ResolutionThe resolution for the animation is 480X800 if you'd like a different size:
1. copy the bootanimation.zip file to your computer.
2. open the zip and edit the desc.txt 's second line (480 800 not the 25 read below) to match your phones resolution.
3. save the file and close the zip program
4. you shouldn't need to unzip the bootanimation.zip file to do the above
5. if you do need/want to unzip it when rezipping make sure the compression level your zipping it on is "store" or it won't work.

Sound doesnt seem to match up?... change to animation speed in the desc.txt file:
2. open the zip and edit the desc.txt 's second line (only the 25 not the first 2 numbers) to speed it up or slow it down.
5. if you do need/want to unzip it when rezipping make sure the compression level your zipping it on is "store" or it won't work.

NOTES:
want a different sound on the animation... the sound file has to be called android_audio.mp3 for it to play, this file will play for any new bootanimation you install unless you remove the android_audio.mp3 file and it has to be an mp3.

Programs to help... if you don't have root explorer get "Super Manager" from the market it does r/w and root privileged file exploring (and more) just like root explorer and its free.

I'm only giving this out in zip file format, I'm not doing a flashable as its to hard to keep up with all the different roms and resolutions. I provide instruction on how to change the resolution of the animation to fit your phone.

------------------------------------------------------------

Preview:
Click for full size

Installation of the old branded versions: just flash the the zip file below.

Screaming Droid Boot Animation Flashable Download 320 x 480 flashable to system/media

Screaming Droid Boot Animation 480 x 800 This is just the boot animation, rename and install where needed.

Screaming Droid Boot Animation Flashable 480 x 800 This flashable installs to the data/local folder if this isn't where you need it use the above bootanimation.zip and place it where its needed.

Screaming Droid Boot Animation Flashable 240 x 320 This installs to the system/media folder if this wont work for you i'll post the bootnaimation.zip and you can push it or you can pull it out of the flashable and push it.

Push Instructions:

use adb and push the bootanimation.zip (which must be in the tools folder which is inside your android-sdk folder) to /system/customize/resource, /data/local, /system/media, i think you only need to push it to the first one, but try all 3 just in case :p

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media or /data/local or system/resource/customize

or with term app

first copy bootanimation.zip on your SDCard
run terminal
and write
#su
#mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

(now you can write to /system)
("browse" to location, where you have copied bootanimation.zip, if it is in root of your card)

#cd /sdcard

(you can check if it is there)

#ls

(now just copy it)

#cp bootanimation.zip /system/media

(you can exit, and reboot, new animation should work, enjoy)

Last edited:
S

shadowch31

Would have prefered it without the Cyanogen being in there ut nice work all the same.

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Can this be flashed through recovery or does it have to be pushed through adb?

This is a flashable zip, I only produce flashables as pushing stuff is a pain in the ass for most people. I like flashables as they take the guess work out of installing things. This flashable works with AOSP roms though.

thay

Jul 11, 2010
Very nice is it simply flashable in recovery with stock rooted rom for desire?
thanks

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Very nice is it simply flashable in recovery with stock rooted rom for desire?
thanks

Yes the zip is flashable its only mdpi resolution right not but if requested i'll make a hd one. It gets flashed to system/media which is the aosp standard if you need something different just ask.

thay

Jul 11, 2010
Is the hd one for the desire ?
and the mdpi version is still fully compatible with the desire resolution?

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Is the hd one for the desire ?
and the mdpi version is still fully compatible with the desire resolution?

mdpi is the only one I made which has a resolution of 380 by 420. I think on higher res phones it gets stretch but I can't guarantee, it wont hurt your phone to try it though at the worst it'll just have black edge where the resolution falls short.

If you want a higher res one just post me your resolution and I'll hook one up later tonight. To make it flashable to your device I need to know what device you have and what rom you run, since this flashable is for AOSP roms and tries to place the bootanimation in the media folder.

Last edited:

thay

Jul 11, 2010
The desire screen res is 480×800 if you can make a compatible boot animation is very apreciated very thanks otherwise i try the mdpi version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:
    First I want to thank every one, I also want to give a shout out to
    Mrdaviso
    for making the sound possible on cm7, please give him thanks for his thread on this. I've been waiting to have sound for the animation for sooo long and now it finally works and thanks to him.

I stripped all the text out of the animation except for the android logo and the preview below is exactly what it is, he screams and then stares at you and blinks until your phone boots.

The scream I choose is one I thought was appropriate... the original Godzilla roar! But if you really want, and I honestly would love to see more sound files made, please offer others. You can use mine as a template for syncing with the animation. I love to see others post sounds for this!

Heres the d/l link hope you guys like this.This zip file contains the bootanimation.zip, android_audio.mp3 (godzilla) and the bootsnd.sh (to setup sound playing on phone bootup)

Installation of the new un-branded versions with sound!!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

First how to setup boot animation sound on cm (link to the op):

To install boot animation:
    1. just unzip the screaming_android_with_sound.zip file on the root of your sdcard
    2. copy the bootanimation.zip file to the system/media folder replacing the old one or renaming the old one and copying this one over if your just testing.
    3. Android wins again!

Changing the ResolutionThe resolution for the animation is 480X800 if you'd like a different size:
    2. open the zip and edit the desc.txt 's second line (480 800 not the 25 read below) to match your phones resolution.

Sound doesnt seem to match up?... change to animation speed in the desc.txt file:
    2. open the zip and edit the desc.txt 's second line (only the 25 not the first 2 numbers) to speed it up or slow it down.

NOTES:
    want a different sound on the animation... the sound file has to be called android_audio.mp3 for it to play, this file will play for any new bootanimation you install unless you remove the android_audio.mp3 file and it has to be an mp3.

Programs to help... if you don't have root explorer get "Super Manager" from the market it does r/w and root privileged file exploring (and more) just like root explorer and its free.

I'm only giving this out in zip file format, I'm not doing a flashable as its to hard to keep up with all the different roms and resolutions. I provide instruction on how to change the resolution of the animation to fit your phone.

Preview:
    Click for full size

Installation of the old branded versions: just flash the the zip file below.

Screaming Droid Boot Animation Flashable Download 320 x 480 flashable to system/media

Screaming Droid Boot Animation 480 x 800 This is just the boot animation, rename and install where needed.

Screaming Droid Boot Animation Flashable 480 x 800 This flashable installs to the data/local folder if this isn't where you need it use the above bootanimation.zip and place it where its needed.

Screaming Droid Boot Animation Flashable 240 x 320 This installs to the system/media folder if this wont work for you i'll post the bootnaimation.zip and you can push it or you can pull it out of the flashable and push it.

Push Instructions:

use adb and push the bootanimation.zip (which must be in the tools folder which is inside your android-sdk folder) to /system/customize/resource, /data/local, /system/media, i think you only need to push it to the first one, but try all 3 just in case :p

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media or /data/local or system/resource/customize

or with term app

first copy bootanimation.zip on your SDCard
    run terminal
    and write
    #su
    #mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

(now you can write to /system)
    ("browse" to location, where you have copied bootanimation.zip, if it is in root of your card)

#cd /sdcard

(you can check if it is there)

#ls

(now just copy it)

#cp bootanimation.zip /system/media

(you can exit, and reboot, new animation should work, enjoy)
    Amazing!I love it!thanks
    Very nice, thx !
    thanks good animation