[Q] I cant use my phone not bricked but can't reset it.

Search This thread

seanmac61

Jan 11, 2014
Hey so i was messing around with my phone the other morning and decided to encrypt my phone but it failed and messed up my system i got this message. The picture is down below.

So I press reset phone and it factory wipes it. But it really doesn't, the phone then reboots and the same message comes up again. I cant access anything on the phone there is no lock screen or status bar. Nothing.

So decide to boot into AP Fastboot mode and then into the stock recovery. My phone lets me do this. I do this with the intention of manually factory wiping my phone. I wipe the cache and factory wipe the phone. It says it does it successfully so I reboot but I still get the that same message!

Okay whatever at this point its starting to look like ill just do a SBF. Haha but that would be to easy RSD lite does not recognize my phone the Droid Razr Maxx while it is in USB Mass Storage Mode. But usually keep my phone in mass storage mode for convenient file transfering to my computer.

Normally if I had to SBF I would connect my phone to my computer drag down my notification bar and change it out of mass storage mode to MTP media device mode or to PTP Camera mode. But I cant because the only thing that shows up after the phone boots is that same message.

What can I do? Can i use ADB to change my phone out of mass storage mode and into MTP mode? :confused:

Thanks and sorry for all the words but I figured I should be detailed. :)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 5,228

jime1

Jul 27, 2013
Center
Realme XT
Hey so i was messing around with my phone the other morning and decided to encrypt my phone but it failed and messed up my system i got this message. The picture is down below.

So I press reset phone and it factory wipes it. But it really doesn't, the phone then reboots and the same message comes up again. I cant access anything on the phone there is no lock screen or status bar. Nothing.

So decide to boot into AP Fastboot mode and then into the stock recovery. My phone lets me do this. I do this with the intention of manually factory wiping my phone. I wipe the cache and factory wipe the phone. It says it does it successfully so I reboot but I still get the that same message!

Okay whatever at this point its starting to look like ill just do a SBF. Haha but that would be to easy RSD lite does not recognize my phone the Droid Razr Maxx while it is in USB Mass Storage Mode. But usually keep my phone in mass storage mode for convenient file transfering to my computer.

Normally if I had to SBF I would connect my phone to my computer drag down my notification bar and change it out of mass storage mode to MTP media device mode or to PTP Camera mode. But I cant because the only thing that shows up after the phone boots is that same message.

What can I do? Can i use ADB to change my phone out of mass storage mode and into MTP mode? :confused:

Thanks and sorry for all the words but I figured I should be detailed. :)

Give as short description of the problem/issue as possible bro..
It makes it easy for experts to provide solutions or else they would get dizzy after just looking at the lengthy essays(like you did above)!

Top Liked Posts