[Q]Storage

Search This thread

vangeodee

this may seem like a uesless question but it's bugged me ever since I got my LGOG.

Does the stock LG UI (4.1.2) really eat up 5-7GB of space!?

The OG comes with 32GB of storage (although I know that it's not exactly 32GB since there's a lot of conversion stuff going on) and there's only 25GB of available storage space? I know a friend who has a 16GB Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat and the stock KitKat only eats up around 3-4GB of storage. Is LG's UI really that much of a storage hog?

Another thing, does the 4.4.2 update consume the same amount of space? or does it consume more? And what ROM eats the LEAST amount of storage?

Sidenote: I hope somebody can make a bare-bones 4.4.2 ROM that will eat up the least amount of space :)

hackenggr

May 15, 2007
Wah Cantt
this may seem like a uesless question but it's bugged me ever since I got my LGOG.

Does the stock LG UI (4.1.2) really eat up 5-7GB of space!?

The OG comes with 32GB of storage (although I know that it's not exactly 32GB since there's a lot of conversion stuff going on) and there's only 25GB of available storage space? I know a friend who has a 16GB Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat and the stock KitKat only eats up around 3-4GB of storage. Is LG's UI really that much of a storage hog?

Another thing, does the 4.4.2 update consume the same amount of space? or does it consume more? And what ROM eats the LEAST amount of storage?

Sidenote: I hope somebody can make a bare-bones 4.4.2 ROM that will eat up the least amount of space :)

After flashing the kitkat I still got the 25 GB storage. My thoughts 25 GB storage is on the Data partition (user available for documents and files etc) rest of the space is in the system partition and in combine it called 32 GB. That is not the expert opinion just my thought I could be wrong ;)

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Internal storage is 32GB....which includes all the partitions like, data, system, boot, bootloader, modem, efs, etc...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

vangeodee

I recall reading somewhere here on the LGOG xda forum that somebody was able to get 28.5gb storage by installing a custom rom. I'll try to look for that post.

anyway, can somebody shed insight as to what eats up the 5gb? Titanium Backup says my System ROM is 2.11gb (hooray! just gotta wait for stripped down KK ROM!) and suprisingly.. Also shows 26.8gb of free space while settings>storage and clean master show only 25.04gb. Already now I'm really confused.

If what Titanium backup says is true, what's eating up the remaining 3gb? and if clean master is correct, what's eating the 5gb?

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014
I recall reading somewhere here on the LGOG xda forum that somebody was able to get 28.5gb storage by installing a custom rom. I'll try to look for that post.

anyway, can somebody shed insight as to what eats up the 5gb? Titanium Backup says my System ROM is 2.11gb (hooray! just gotta wait for stripped down KK ROM!) and suprisingly.. Also shows 26.8gb of free space while settings>storage and clean master show only 25.04gb. Already now I'm really confused.

If what Titanium backup says is true, what's eating up the remaining 3gb? and if clean master is correct, what's eating the 5gb?

Firmware, recovery, modem, etc etc and mostly reserved for apps, i think. Of course nexuses use less storage since they're vanilla android.