[Q] Can I Flash another OnePlus' TWRP backup?

Search This thread

badjoras

Mar 24, 2011
lisboa
Hey guys. I just got my second OnePlus after mine fell and got a new one.

I was wondering if I can flash my other oneplus' TWRP backup on this so i dont have to configure all over again.

Thank you!

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
Hey guys. I just got my second OnePlus after mine fell and got a new one.

I was wondering if I can flash my other oneplus' TWRP backup on this so i dont have to configure all over again.

Thank you!

I would say no. I just remember some people doing this would and it replaced IMEI information from previous phone and could potentially screw up your new phone. What is so important that you need to restore for TWRP anyways. A fresh flash on a new phone is the best route to take my friend

We make too much of simply taken the time to restore and reset things on a new flash.

badjoras

Mar 24, 2011
lisboa
I would say no. I just remember some people doing this would and it replaced IMEI information from previous phone and could potentially screw up your new phone. What is so important that you need to restore for TWRP anyways. A fresh flash on a new phone is the best route to take my friend

We make too much of simply taken the time to restore and reset things on a new flash.

HMMMMMMMM... The OPO only backs up: boot, data, system and cache. It does not backup EFS nor would i check it on the restore menu,
I guess i will give it a go, and see how it goes. already got it backed up

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
HMMMMMMMM... The OPO only backs up: boot, data, system and cache. It does not backup EFS nor would i check it on the restore menu,
I guess i will give it a go, and see how it goes. already got it backed up
Its your OPO I just don't see why you would risk it but go ahead if it don't work can only be mad at yourself. Lol

Still don't see the big deal in flashing ROM and using TB to restore apps from nandroid

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

badjoras

Mar 24, 2011
lisboa
Its your OPO I just don't see why you would risk it but go ahead if it don't work can only be mad at yourself. Lol

Still don't see the big deal in flashing ROM and using TB to restore apps from nandroid

Done it, it's all good, as expected.

Like I mentioned to you, that whole EFS problem does not exist if it does not back it up from another phone and restore it onto a new one.

Props and thanks ;)

Reactions: Mitanc

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida

Like I mentioned to you, that whole EFS problem does not exist if it does not back it up from another phone and restore it onto a new one.

Props and thanks ;)

cool and yeah I know that but I just dont see the reason to take the risk at all. I see so many take shortcuts and then we have a million how do I fix this that and the third threads. Glad it worked for you

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
I was going to say yes even if I never tried it as nand only backs up system, boot and data which should be no problem to copy and paste to a same model phone...you tried it first by yourself so good move :)

Sent from my Oneplus One

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
Shouldn't be a problem part of restoring to stock on some other phones is flashing a twrp backup and stock recovery. It shouldn't be a problem atall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Props and thanks ;)
    As long as your not restoring EFS your fine. I have done this many times on many different phones.