[Q] Rom for speed

Search This thread

deezykhara

Feb 5, 2011
ive been using cm7.0.3 and have overclocked to 710 MHz but still think its a bit slow, so i was thinking if there was a better rom that works super smooth on the wildfire and is really responsive, if not what i could do to speed up my phone and make it more responsive, thanks in advance

B

bx19

ive been using cm7.0.3 and have overclocked to 710 MHz but still think its a bit slow, so i was thinking if there was a better rom that works super smooth on the wildfire and is really responsive, if not what i could do to speed up my phone and make it more responsive, thanks in advance

JUST SOME THINGS TO SPEED UP:

--disable display animations.
--try to keep the number of home screen widgets minimum.
--Enable JIT (if it was disabled on your device). Pls search for this.
--turn off predictive text input.
--check whether the device is stable or not at that clock. If unstable it becomes worse. Try decreasing the clock and check the performance.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Try LauncherPro instead of ADW. Swiping across homescreens and the app drawer is far more responsive.

deezykhara

Feb 5, 2011
yeah i use launcherpro and think its really good, but im really looking for something that has htc sense but runs really smooth, what are peoples views on these two (ones i think have stood out, if there are any others please mention them): jokerdroid and dk custom froyo ?

Last edited:

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
I have used WildPuzzle, and, had no issues with it. Not tested the other 2 you have listed, but, going by the users views on these, seems these are great ROMs with no problems as well.