[CDMA][Radio][Bootloader]4.0.4 IMM76K Radios and Bootloader

Search This thread

Aerocaptain

Sep 23, 2010
Cleveland
After flashing, my Bluetooth headset will only work for media and displays "no phone" in the Bluetooth menu. Both media and phone audio is checked. Anyone else having this issue? Not sure if a radio flash could effect Bluetooth but its a new issue that only arose after I flashed the zip and an updated kernel. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from CDMA V6 SC GNexus w/Liquid & Franco.kernel

tannor

Dec 12, 2010
I am out of the game for a while, I am currently on official 4.0.2 radios/bootloader.

The only thing I have customized is put AOKP milestone 3 which I know is old.

Can I just flash this with the zip? Anything else I need to do ? Should i update to a 4.0.4 rom first?

JayDaKissEP

May 10, 2011
Seekonk
You may not want to. Battery life is horrible and 3G is slower. Was getting better results on the leaked 4.0.4 earlier this year. I'm flashing back

tannor

Dec 12, 2010

Thanks I did.

Took a really long time flash the cdma radio thought it hung finally finished.

Rebooted, went into phone tried to open browser and screen kept going on and off strangest thing.

Figured maybe I should upgrade rom, so I downloaded the 4.0.4 Official one with root from other thread, so far working fine from what I can see.

tgerbracht

Jan 15, 2008
Thanks I did.

Took a really long time flash the cdma radio thought it hung finally finished.

Rebooted, went into phone tried to open browser and screen kept going on and off strangest thing.

Figured maybe I should upgrade rom, so I downloaded the 4.0.4 Official one with root from other thread, so far working fine from what I can see.

Bizarre! Glad you got it sorted out, the cdma radio part worried me too, but I had earlier read someone else mentioned it as taking a long time so I didn't freak out, hehe.

tannor

Dec 12, 2010
Bizarre! Glad you got it sorted out, the cdma radio part worried me too, but I had earlier read someone else mentioned it as taking a long time so I didn't freak out, hehe.

Yeah it might have nothing to do with radios and just by wiping everything before installing rom fixed it.

Either way I am good..and will test signal later today while travelling.

JayDaKissEP

May 10, 2011
Seekonk
I was seeing horrible battery and 3g speeds. I did the patched update from a different thread where I downgraded to 4.0.2 then applied the patch. I was seeing download sppeds of 0.06 mbps. I just did a bunch of tests and check this out. Went back to 4.0.2 and hit a high of 1.63 mbps and an average of 1.10 after 6 speed tests. Upgraded to the leaked 4.0.4 from earlier this year and averaged 0.56 mbps. then I applied the latest 4.0.4 zip from this OP and I hit a high of 1.49 but then only an average of 0.82. Conclusion, I was getting the best download speeds on 3g with the 4.0.2 radios. Not sure why I was getting horrible 3g download speeds before but like I mentioned above.. I downgraded to 4.0.2 before applying the patch. Not sure what would be different between doing that and then applying the zip in the OP which includes the full files, not just the patch. Any thoughts?

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
so if im hearing correctly the latest 4.0.4 might not be the final? :confused:
No one knows. Anyone saying anything is just guessing. It came from google's own servers and passes the internal checks for a valid software update when applying through stock recovery. That's good enough for me.

eus107709

Feb 16, 2008
Thanks for sharing this!

It's very easy for me to tell that overall signal is vastly improved. I work in Manhattan where 4G was spotty in buildings (for the Nexus). After updating my signal is strong and constant.

I have a feeling that for people who previously had great reception, this radio will negatively impact their performance while improving performance for people who had poor signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bnguyen1983

Nov 21, 2010
No problems here after flash. Hotspot still works fine and it seems like I have better reception. Will test after driving around. Speeds are about the same.

keving75

May 2, 2011
I flashed this over Gummy 1.1. Not any real noticeable difference.

I tried to go into fastboot and I go to ODIN instead.

What is that??
What can't I boot into fastboot now?

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Westfield, IN
Went back to old leaked 4.0.4 radios yesterday and nothing. Settings still crash when trying to start hotspot.
Guess I will try to wipe and reflash tonight. Grrrrrrr

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Has anyone tried the hybrid of the cdma from the previous leak and the new lte? Just curious...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Westfield, IN
Hmmm... Wiped, formatted, reinstalled CM9 (5-03 nightly), and settings still crash when trying to start hotspot...

Next, I will try a different ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I pulled the patched radio.img from my phone after updating from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4IMM76K. This file should work coming from any radio as it includes the full radio.img, not just the radio.img.p that is in the update from google. I do seem to get a 4G signal where I previously only got a 3G signal (ie in my basement). The .zip includes radio.img, radio-cdma.img, and bootloader.img.

It must be flashed through a custom recovery, fastboot will not work for the LTE radio.

It flashed fine on my phone, but I'm not responsible for any problems you may have :p.

Thanks to SpringRush for posting the google link to the update and krazie1 for the logcats that got the filename and probably helped find said link.

MD5: 98d7e4da6f95b879ec75c6fac3348a01
    HERE ARE ALL OF THE RADIOS SO PEOPLE STOP ASKING ABOUT BACKING UP THEIR CURRENT VERSION: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12864-vzwcwmbaseband-radio-galaxy-nexus-summary/
    Where did your source of information come from?

Math class......-75 is greater than -83. -75 is a higher number than -83 not lower.
    Radio is Awesome!

I have previously flashed radios and have never had any improvement or noticed any thing better or worse. However, I am compelled to leave a comment regarding this radio as these new radios have made a huge difference in performance on 3g and especially on 4g. I have great 4g reception in areas where I previously had weak reception. Also my download and upload speeds have increased significantly. I have never previously had such an improvement after flashing a new radio. I can say without a doubt that these radios for me have made a significant improvement. I recommend giving them a try.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

From wikipedia:
    A mobile phone signal (or reception) is the strength (measured in dBm) of the connection to the mobile phone with its network.

The lower the number, the better :)

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Running Eclipse Rom..
    Before: -83 (Three bars in my home... 3G only here)
    After: -75 (Four Bars!)

Hope this helps out where I work!

Speaking specifically -75 is a higher number than -83. So it may seem that lower is better but in reality the higher the number the better.
    Will we be able to flash okay radios over this if it turns out worse. Also, why do we need the new bootloader? Will this effect anything going forward?
    You can flash whatever radios you want as long as they are the full radios and not a .zip containing a radio patch in it. I don't know why the bootloader would affect anything. It's a nexus phone. It's not like we needed some hole to unlock our phones. fastboot oem unlock should always unlock a nexus as far as I know. I just made this .zip based off of other leaked radio threads, and they included the bootloader in 2 out of 3, so I figured 'why not' :).

Why is there one out there with. .10 and yours is .09
    That's a hardware version of the phone and won't change by flashing something...at least from everything I've read. I think there's a pretty big thread about it in the Q&A, but it's pretty old and probably buried.
    adrynalyne
    posted a lot in it if I remember correctly.

And here you go, a nice 20 page thread to read if you want :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433963