[Q] Only able to load google pages while tethering.

Search This thread

ejturner78

Feb 10, 2011
I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes. This may sound strange, but I have have been using wifi tether router paid version for problably 2 or more years on an s3 with sprint at first and now on a metropcs lg L70 for the last few months, and it has always functioned perfectly. Out of nowhere this morning it started acting really strange and now I can only load Google sites and YouTube. If I try to click on a link leading outside of Google it times out this happens with my laptop, tablet, and tethered to my extra phone, however it hasn't affected browsing on the phone itself, only devices tethered to it. I have no idea how to fix this

cfeedback

Sep 9, 2014
I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes. This may sound strange, but I have have been using wifi tether router paid version for problably 2 or more years on an s3 with sprint at first and now on a metropcs lg L70 for the last few months, and it has always functioned perfectly. Out of nowhere this morning it started acting really strange and now I can only load Google sites and YouTube. If I try to click on a link leading outside of Google it times out this happens with my laptop, tablet, and tethered to my extra phone, however it hasn't affected browsing on the phone itself, only devices tethered to it. I have no idea how to fix this

I have this same problem with MetroPCS and the L70 on my Chromebook. I can tell when the problem occurs because the Wifi symbol doesn't show an ! mark saying that I need to login to the tethering portal. Haven't figured out how to fix it, I usually play with settings on Wifi Tether Router and reboot my phone/chromebook until it starts working again. Would love to figure out the root cause as well.