Updating E986 with the official 'kitkat' 4.4.2 Firmware Release

Search This thread

tomi001

Jul 6, 2012
What have you done? Did you flash E98620a or E98820a?
If you flash E98620a (turkish) then you might wont see 4g option.
If you flash E98820a (asian) then you will get 4g option but only english language
and some asian languages
Ohhh now I see the problem. I flashed the turkish one.

Pilaf

May 27, 2008
Yes. You have to put manualy your apn from Free and install 4G switcher from the play store and chose with this application LTE GSM WCDMA and you have 4G. The only problem it's you have to choose LTE GSM WCDMA with the application each time you reboot your phone to have 4G. Take mabe 30sec... That's the only problem with Free Mobile and 4.4.2.

Reactions: lg-user45

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
Did somebody test LTE with Turkish rom on E986, with "free" French provider ?

May be there is somewhere something like a "turkish rom" (and it is not a secret any more that a large turkish company has large LG stakes) nevertheless if you really use an Optimus GPro you will easily understand that the firmware this thread is about is definitely not a "turkish rom" (unless you call every lg device now "turkish phone").

@jcdid:
Si vous désirez qu' une mise à jour de l'actuelle firmware aura encore lieu il ne faudrait pas en faire un insurmontable gâchis

Last edited:

jcdid

Apr 20, 2010
Paris
Yes. You have to put manualy your apn from Free and install 4G switcher from the play store and chose with this application LTE GSM WCDMA and you have 4G. The only problem it's you have to choose LTE GSM WCDMA with the application each time you reboot your phone to have 4G. Take mabe 30sec... That's the only problem with Free Mobile and 4.4.2.

Ok, thanks. I'll try a CSE flash soon..;)

Pilaf

May 27, 2008
Today i've flash the E98820b from algerian.
Version is E98820b-AME-XX and is have languages: french, English, deutch, espagnol, italiano, nederlands, português, turk, and other algerian and chinese
seems more faster than E986 turkish (E98620a)
Everthing work's fine but for me with free mobile data i have to put 4g with 4gSwitcher from the play store

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
merci pour l"info

Today i've flash the E98820b from algerian.
Version is E98820b-AME-XX and is have languages: french, English, deutch, espagnol, italiano, nederlands, português, turk, and other algerian and chinese
seems more faster than E986 turkish (E98620a)
Everthing work's fine but for me with free mobile data i have to put 4g with 4gSwitcher from the play store

As far as i understood the E-98x 'kitkat 4.4.2' releases are less country specific than the first 'jelly bean 4.1.2' ones .
ex:
E988 20b AME-XX --> all Middle East and [northern] Africa
E986 20a EUR-XX --> all Europe
Would be great If somebody could publish benchmark results of the different firmware versions.

Last edited:

krizina

Apr 6, 2013
Split
Which Firmware to flash?

I have Slovenian Lg G Pro E986, which Firmware should I flash? I wanted to flash "Turkish" one, but it seems that other (E988 Singapore or alike has better support for 4g, Algerian is faster but needs tools for 4g). I am personally not that addicted to 4g, if 3g is working fine. I think that I will install "Turkish" one.

Now after I select which firmware to flash, the question is how to do it. I will write a list of things to do, correct me if I am wrong.
1. Download needed firmware (KDZ file - have "Turkish" one - http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW428306432109876543213/E98620A_00.kdz)
2. Download and install LG drivers (already did - http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425)
3. Download Lg Flash Tool (don't know which one to download, but it seems that the best one is this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797190, although it is for LG-G2)
4. Make a backup with "LG Backup" tool so I can restore Apps and everything
5. If upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 I should use "CSE Flash" to wipe anything
6. Let it install and reboot
7. Register with same google login (I am not sure if it is needed but I read somewhere that "LG Backup" needs this)
8. Restore "LG Backup"

Now I should have KitKat up and running, is that right?

Reactions: xifizurk

krizina

Apr 6, 2013
Split
Did all this, and it went fine. Just a note to anyone that after receiving popup (Can not connect to internet) do nothing, just let flash tool to finish. I am running KK 4.4.2. now.

Phone rebooted 2 times, and I used LG Backup to restore previous backup. I have LTE (4G) option on Network type, so everything is fine. Only APNs are missing, but I will fill them up now.

AadiBhatia

Jun 18, 2014
Download link for e988 please

I am unable to find any download link for the asian (E98820a) update even on google search..
Please can anyone upload it?
Thanks

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
Guys I need your help I want to flash back on jelly bean but I cant find the official rom for e986 can anyone give me a link? Thank you

zrajak

Feb 11, 2014
Hay guys. I'm new here and I have one simle question.

My phone is e986. Can I flash e981 or e982 or e98x firmware, or I must flash only e986 firmware?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    edit:
    Lg Server is up again:
    here the official E986 kitkat 4.4.2 update:

http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW428306432109876543213/E98620A_00.kdz

Some of the things you will get with this E986 firmware upgrade :

+ support for a large number of european languages
    + well working samba server
    + well working Windows "LG On-Screen Phone"
    + knock-off screen
    + free 50 gb cloud storage at "box" and other goodies when registering at "LG Smart World" app
    + adaptive network settings tailored on measure for the european provider landscape .
    (There are user reports indicating that LTE services of some smaller providers are not integrated into the system yet)

please see post #4, #5 for further informations as well as cloud storage links to the E986 upgrade

Some general Information:

A majority of the posts here and in other gpro threads come from people that apparently dont use this device .

It is one of the sequels of swiss government's/parapolice's sell-out of LG stakes that they were once keeping. Unfortunately along with this my wife is kept now for the 15th consecutive year fully illegally imprisoned at the vienna airport(where i am right now)
    ...guess I had to give you an idea where most of the absurdity in this thread comes from.
    Sorry
    well..

according to my personal experience the data partition will not be overwritten by the LG update software. This is also the reason why a full reset after flashing might help if something doesn't work as it should.
    So... it is certainly a good idea to backup as well and as much as possible beforehand.
    Hello i flashed the KK rom, but now i have no lte. It is showing that i can only connect with 2g and 3g. Is there a solution?
    Thx in advance

Sent from my LG-E986 using XDA Free mobile app

With Jelly-Bean and Kitkat E-986 stock firmware the 4g option will only show up when your sim-card is allowed to hook into the LTE service.
    How did you do it? Have you just flashed the kdz the second time over the existant KK rom?

Sent from my LG-E986 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes. As it is a flash by lgflashtool it should wipe anything . Dont think you need to do a manual format be4 flashing.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

The taiwanese kitkat E98820a seems to me much more faster and smoother
    smoother than the turkish kitkat E98620a. But this is my private opinion ?