[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro - build 35

Search This thread

DarkKnight62

Mar 10, 2011
New Jersey
for some reason whenever i turn on my phone the gps toggle is turned off but my power widget says the gps is actually on, which it is. does this happen to anyone else? i'm on build 14 using franco's 10 kernel.

Don't know if anyone else has posted this yet, but the text on a lot of menus are cut off:

attachment.php

Also, does anyone know if this ROM can:
  1. Sync Facebook profile pictures to contacts? I already have FB syncing set to "on" but even after the sync happens, none of the FB pictures are there?
  2. Does this ROM have the ability to remove the rotation delay when rotating the phone? Like, when you rotate the phone, there's a delay before the screen switches.
  3. Does this ROM have USB Host Mode?
  4. Does Facebook Force Close when you try to post pictures?

Thanks for the great effort on this ROM!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:

mcampbell

Sep 20, 2010
The wifi and connection strength icons in the status bar always stay grey for me. They're supposed to turn blue when you're connected to Google's services. I can check email, download apps, browse the net, etc but still they stay grey.

I've also noticed the Textplus doesn't seem to check for text messages in the background now. I have no restrictions on background data for any apps.

Is there a setting or tweak in this rom that would cause these symptoms?

[Edit] I'm on build 14 [/edit]

[Edit 2] fixed it [/edit 2]

For the rest of us, HOW did you fix it?

Seion

Oct 25, 2011
Erlanger
Just flashed This rom on build 14.

Using;
Rom: Toro Build #14
Kernel: 3.0.16-rc1-franco.kernel-nightly-10 francisco@francisco #132
Baseband: I515.09 VEK06 / I515.EK04
Build Number: IML74K
LTE Verizon

Gallery works fine
WIFI works fine
Can connect to 3g but not sure about 4G yet, I normally get 4g in the building im in but its not connection, not sure yet if its the building or the phone yet, will update.

BrotherG

Aug 12, 2007
I also wanna say thanks for this awesome rom. The only thing I can ask for/suggest is airplane mode and flashlight to be added to the notification toggles.

This rom with franco's kernel has led to some kickass battery life. With 4g disabled, doing the open/close camera fix, and disabling location services, I am at 65% after 14 hours of usage (1 hour with screen on). I also want to note that my battery life improved a ton after disabling juicedefender for some reason (yet I get great results with JD on my HTC Flyer).

I am really happy with this phone now! I've thrown you $7 via paypal for a six-pack of beer.

Wow that battery time is amazing, what exactly is the Open/Close camera fix and do you have to do this on every reboot?

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Any LTE users have any luck with the "Unique Power Saver functionality"? i'm a bit hesitant to try since the warning describes possible endless loops.

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
Wow that battery time is amazing, what exactly is the Open/Close camera fix and do you have to do this on every reboot?

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Any LTE users have any luck with the "Unique Power Saver functionality"? i'm a bit hesitant to try since the warning describes possible endless loops.
Yes on every reboot you have to otherwise it will eat your battery. Something about a sensor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lonnyrs

Jan 10, 2011
I also wanna say thanks for this awesome rom. The only thing I can ask for/suggest is airplane mode and flashlight to be added to the notification toggles.

This rom with franco's kernel has led to some kickass battery life. With 4g disabled, doing the open/close camera fix, and disabling location services, I am at 65% after 14 hours of usage (1 hour with screen on). I also want to note that my battery life improved a ton after disabling juicedefender for some reason (yet I get great results with JD on my HTC Flyer).

I am really happy with this phone now! I've thrown you $7 via paypal for a six-pack of beer.

Can you correctly direct me how to disable location services? In Maps, I can't seem to find it under the settings..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

nerdslogic

Nov 13, 2010
Oregon
When was this last updated? I would like to add color options to the soft keys...all my soft keys are blue except search

And I agree...Franco kernel with this ROM is amazing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

bostonfan87

Jun 24, 2010
I'm a pretty big fan on imoseyon's Leankernel 1.4 EXP with build 14. I've been getting 10-12 hours with moderate to heavy use with the extended battery. I'm trying out the 1.5 kernel now. Great work on the AOKP!

Top Liked Posts