[NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT - SEE OTHER THREAD] Linux on Xperia X1i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

skero666

Nov 1, 2008
Bucharest
Hmmm, i tried the second version and it's working on my xperia, very well i can say.

If i am not mistaken if we got this distribution of linux going on xperia it should be possible to boot into Android right? how can we do that?

aiv

Jun 26, 2009
Hmmm, i tried the second version and it's working on my xperia, very well i can say.

If i am not mistaken if we got this distribution of linux going on xperia it should be possible to boot into Android right? how can we do that?

Hello

I will try to prepare some images with android today. I never try to run it with this kernel :)

skero666

Nov 1, 2008
Bucharest
Hello

I will try to prepare some images with android today. I never try to run it with this kernel :)

just for my fun i tried your kernel with a android image from the latest Raphael build, i was to lazy to search for a blackstone build.

I got to the android boot splash and then the phone freezes... but again i tried this from curiosity because i had nothing to do :)

HATA28

Jun 7, 2009
Europe
just for my fun i tried your kernel with a android image from the latest Raphael build, i was to lazy to search for a blackstone build.

I got to the android boot splash and then the phone freezes... but again i tried this from curiosity because i had nothing to do :)

I'll try that kernel with blackstone right now :)
EDIT: Cant get it to work :(

EDIT: Is it necessary to put all android files on your phone or is it also possible to put them on your sd-card?

Can anyone tell me how to get Android or another linux distribution (with UI!!!) on my xperia x1i ?
I know a lot about computers and windows, but I dont even know the basics of Linux.

Last edited:

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
aiv,

Why not adding the screen align cördinets in the default.txt, this will pass the screen align in the begining while booting.

This helped on the blackstone to get more often boot.
Good luck.

Ps. I'd seen that it also worked on WM6.5 :O
On the Touch HD it doesnt (havn't tried yet) in WM 6.5....

aiv

Jun 26, 2009
xmoo you mean msmts_calib? did u see my default.txt? We have "msmts_calib=0xc5.0x399.0x367.0x4d" in cmdline.

philrich1

Nov 15, 2008
Really Good Work

Hi,

Tried this today, ran first time and was able to log on as root.
Kept trying and still works, really like the fact hardware heyboard works, so much easier.

Really would like to see an image though, to run after loading Angstrom.
Can't the image from xmoo/dcordes be built in?

If a donation would help, please let me know where to send.
If you need someone to test, please add me to the list!

Also if someone with a HTC Hero could dump the ROM, I would pay anything to have that working on the X1, it looks beautiful beyond words.

Last edited:

cyberdesigner.net

Jan 8, 2009
Dresden
have anyone figured out which wifi-chip the X1 got?
at the moment i'm playing around with angstrom but the usb0 is too buggy and looses many packets. i only found specs like:
Wireless:LAN: 802.11b, 802.11g
which simply says nothing :(

anyway: thanks aiv! the display-rotation-fix and the working keyboard brings the fun to me! ;)

edit: ok... looks like the wifi-chip is integrated in the Qualcomm MSM7200A, but i cant find the necessary kernel-module to get it recognized by the angstrom-kernel
--
cyberdesigner.net

Last edited:

NSRocket

Jun 22, 2009
have anyone figured out which wifi-chip the X1 got?
at the moment i'm playing around with angstrom but the usb0 is too buggy and looses many packets. i only found specs like:
Wireless:LAN: 802.11b, 802.11g
which simply says nothing :(

anyway: thanks aiv! the display-rotation-fix and the working keyboard brings the fun to me! ;)

edit: ok... looks like the wifi-chip is integrated in the Qualcomm MSM7200A, but i cant find the necessary kernel-module to get it recognized by the angstrom-kernel
--
cyberdesigner.net

The wifi-chip of X1 is a TNEW12511 (WinMo driver -> tnetw1251.dll, base address = 0x78070000, driver entry at 0x78087e4c) certified 802.11b/g and manufactured by Texas Instruments. This single chip is interfaced to MSM7200A by one of these SDIO port.

cyberdesigner.net

Jan 8, 2009
Dresden
aiv: have you self compiled the kernel? used the htcraphael.conf? because there is no wifi keyword in MACHINE_FEATURES.

could you please provide a kernel with:
MACHINE_FEATURES = "kernel26 apm alsa irda usbgadget usbhost keyboard touchscreen screen wifi bluetooth phone vfat"
MACHINE_FEATURES += "iwmmxt"
just like the htcuniversal.conf mention?

(/me needs a "lshw" for angstrom!)

anyways
"Since 2007-04-26, Angstrom syslogd logs to a standard file, /var/log/messages" this would really be helpful for debugging!
as i´ve seen, you are using 2008.1 which should have this feature - but there is no /var/log/messages... any thoughts?

--
cyberdesigner.net

cyberdesigner.net

Jan 8, 2009
Dresden
The wifi-chip of X1 is a TNEW12511 (WinMo driver -> tnetw1251.dll, base address = 0x78070000, driver entry at 0x78087e4c) certified 802.11b/g and manufactured by Texas Instruments. This single chip is interfaced to MSM7200A by one of these SDIO port.
Thanks! i will read on this!

edit: did you realy meen:TNEW12511 ? not TNETW12511?

edit2: uhm... can`t find anything for linux+TNEW12511/TNETW12511 <- bad news...

Last edited:

NSRocket

Jun 22, 2009

cyberdesigner.net

Jan 8, 2009
Dresden
some informations i gathered @ #htc-linux :

[21:42:52] <tmzt> I would suggest trying sd12xx driver, not the g1 driver
[21:47:43] <tmzt> it's a new port of the acx driver to the mac80211 stack
[21:50:06] <tmzt> wifi has yet to work on non-android/non-g1 I think
[21:59:06] <tmzt> still looking for the git tree for that, I've seen some patches
[21:59:24] <tmzt> which I had an acx sdio card (and a libertas one) for my laptop
[21:59:30] <tmzt> would make this stuff much simpler

so i think i have to wait for already applied patches :( i hope they will help us out for wlan...

i have to keep off for today...

--
cyberdesigner.net

stefant42

Jul 15, 2009
Howto to start Android with haret on X1

Hi all. I want to boot android with the haret.exe but by x1 freeze @ 100% when loading.

Can anyone give me a link or a ordered list with necessary's steps to run android with haret on my Xperia X1? This Thread has much of discussions and so im confused and i did'nt find some anker how to start android with haret.

I still asking myself :
1. Which confguration Kaiser,Diamond,Raphael,Polaris...?
2. Do i need another ROM. i got my X1 on June 09.
3. Where i have to copy the files. SD-Card or phone Memory.

Anyone has a link where i can find some HowTo?

I'm very pleased for some answers.

-Stefan

aiv

Jun 26, 2009
aiv: have you self compiled the kernel? used the htcraphael.conf? because there is no wifi keyword in MACHINE_FEATURES.

This is my own kernel branch based on htc-msm-2.6.27 from linuxtogo.org.
ATM there is no wifi support. After booting type zcat /proc/config.gz to get my kernel config.

"Since 2007-04-26, Angstrom syslogd logs to a standard file, /var/log/messages" this would really be helpful for debugging!
as i´ve seen, you are using 2008.1 which should have this feature - but there is no /var/log/messages... any thoughts?

syslogd is starting just before login prompt. I don't know why isn't starting correctly, but you can run it manually: "syslogd".

Dec 17, 2008
I wonder how many people there are who see this thread, get all excited, click on it, and when confronted with this near-indecipherable Linux-talk, completley zone out for quite some time, only phasing back in to conscious reality to see a reflection of their face in their glossy monitors expressing a look of confusion on a par with that of a four year old child faced with the conundrum of "Why isn't grandmummy waking up, daddy?". And then, do it all over again a couple of days later. Personally, I hope it's lots, because I'd be kinda embarrassed if I was the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.