[MOD][XPOSED][2016/04/28 1.10]Xperia Stamina Mode LED

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
** This module is no longer needed for Android 5.0 or higher **

This Xposed module restore LED functionality of Xperia devices when Stamina mode is enabled. Normally, when enabled, Stamina mode either disable the device LED or force it to show only white color.

Requirements
1. Your phone must be rooted
2. Xposed framework must be installed first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
3. Xposed library 2.2 is required

Instructions
  1. Install the module
  2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Xperia Stamina LED
  3. Reboot the phone

Source code
You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

Download
Xposed Module Repository | Play Store

Last edited:

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
Well how about that, I finally got my Stamina working and I notice this white-only LED and went on adventure on how to fix this and here you were. Thanks man, gonna try right away and report back.

drsoran2

Apr 25, 2011
Germany
I don't really know what the purpose of this module is.

The LED remains active in Stamina mode since I believe the 4.2. update for the Xperia Z in mid 2013 or even earlier in one of the newer 4.1. official firmwares...

The same goes for the Z1 and Z1 compact so there is really no need for it.

People don't even need root as it is active with stock Sony firmware.

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012

The LED remains active in Stamina mode since I believe the 4.2. update for the Xperia Z in mid 2013 or even earlier in one of the newer 4.1. official firmwares...

Umm... I had some trouble with Stamina so I used the SuperStamina.apk from Existenz' rom v5. Then it worked but LED with white when stamina was active... and that is based on 10.4.B.0.569 which is afaik 4.3... So, I dont know.. I thought it was supposed to be fixed as well, but apparently not? This module helped...

Still, stamina is some wonky ****, it's like its random whether or not it works.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong

Then you're very fortunate that the LED continue to work properly when stamina mode is enabled. For many other Xperia devices (I'm using ZR and many other 2012 models), Sony decided to disable LED or make it to display white color only when stamina mode is enabled. Previously people had to mod the SuperStamina.apk to restore LED, now I hope they find it easier with this Xposed module.

Reactions: mbc07

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
Then you're very fortunate that the LED continue to work properly when stamina mode is enabled. For many other Xperia devices (I'm using ZR and many other 2012 models), Sony decided to disable LED or make it to display white color only when stamina mode is enabled. Previously people had to mod the SuperStamina.apk to restore LED, now I hope they find it easier with this Xposed module.

I bet the fortunate ones simply just have a malfunctioning stamina :p I mean ive been rolling with stamins "enabled" for quite a while now with fine notification LEDs but I found out it wasnt working at all lol

Dec 21, 2011
I bet the fortunate ones simply just have a malfunctioning stamina :p I mean ive been rolling with stamins "enabled" for quite a while now with fine notification LEDs but I found out it wasnt working at all lol

May I ask how you figured out stamina mode was not working (properly or at all)? Reading all this, I began to wonder as my LED notification seems to work while stamina mode is switched on (now, I don't know if it is really working or just pretending to do so).

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
May I ask how you figured out stamina mode was not working (properly or at all)? Reading all this, I began to wonder as my LED notification seems to work while stamina mode is switched on (now, I don't know if it is really working or just pretending to do so).

I just used instant messaging apps to test. Make sure they're not on the exception list. Turn phone screen off without being in the charger. Then make someone write you. If stamina works the message will only get delivered once screen is turned on.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Sorry, I forgot to mention - it's a z1 compact with stock 4.3 rom (rooted, though).

I use a similar method as Kocayine to verify if stamina mode is working or not. The only thing different is I use Whatsapp instead of SMS because Whatsapp allows you to define the LED color while SMS always use white LED for me.

Anyway, you can post your Xposed log here for me to check.

Dec 21, 2011

I just used instant messaging apps to test. Make sure they're not on the exception list. Turn phone screen off without being in the charger. Then make someone write you. If stamina works the message will only get delivered once screen is turned on.

I use a similar method as Kocayine to verify if stamina mode is working or not. The only thing different is I use Whatsapp instead of SMS because Whatsapp allows you to define the LED color while SMS always use white LED for me.

I may have misunderstood Kocayine's post about malfunctioning stamina mode as I thought it didn't relate to the Xposed framework or the specific module discussed here but describe a general issue with some xperia devices. The Xposed framework isn't installed on my phone yet.

However, with stamina mode (supposedly) turned on and screen off, the SMS app will indicate an incoming message with a purple/blueish LED notification. Turning on the screen, I will immediately see the message in the minimised notification area. Now, depending on the way I access the SMS app, the message will appear instantly or with some delay. If I - somehow - get to the conversations overview screen, the new message (or more exactly a preview of it) is shown immediately; if the respective conversation already has been on the screen (or I move there through the app switching thingy), the new message may take half a second to appear. It is very similar with Skype except that, in Skype, LED notifications sometimes do appear when the screen is off and sometimes not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kocane

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
I may have misunderstood Kocayine's post about malfunctioning stamina mode as I thought it didn't relate to the Xposed framework or the specific module discussed here but describe a general issue with some xperia devices. The Xposed framework isn't installed on my phone yet.

However, with stamina mode (supposedly) turned on and screen off, the SMS app will indicate an incoming message with a purple/blueish LED notification. Turning on the screen, I will immediately see the message in the minimised notification area. Now, depending on the way I access the SMS app, the message will appear instantly or with some delay. If I - somehow - get to the conversations overview screen, the new message (or more exactly a preview of it) is shown immediately; if the respective conversation already has been on the screen (or I move there through the app switching thingy), the new message may take half a second to appear. It is very similar with Skype except that, in Skype, LED notifications sometimes do appear when the screen is off and sometimes not.

It doesn't relate to xposed framework. It's a general thing afaik. Btw, don't use SMS, stamina always allows SMS and calls. Instant messaging isn't SMS but something like WhatsApp, FB messenger or indeed Skype. The notification should be delayed until screen is on. Including vibration, vibrating and sound.

Dec 21, 2011
In Skype, with the screen off, it goes like that:
Skype running in the background
An incoming message will trigger a sound and a purple notification. When turning the screen on, the notification changes from purple to deep blue and seems to stay that way until I open Skype.

Skype running in the foreground
An incoming message is not indicated in any way. After turning on the screen, the rest is the same as above ...

Now, Skype, being all buggy (on Android even more than on Win) may not be the best test here, I guess.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Thank you! It works perfect and it solves one of my biggest annoyances of my XZ!

Any idea how this affects battery?

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** This module is no longer needed for Android 5.0 or higher **

This Xposed module restore LED functionality of Xperia devices when Stamina mode is enabled. Normally, when enabled, Stamina mode either disable the device LED or force it to show only white color.

Requirements
    1. Your phone must be rooted
    2. Xposed framework must be installed first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    3. Xposed library 2.2 is required

Instructions
    1. Install the module
    2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Xperia Stamina LED
    3. Reboot the phone

Source code
    You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

Download
    Xposed Module Repository | Play Store

Thank you! It works perfect and it solves one of my biggest annoyances of my XZ!

Any idea how this affects battery?

:)

As far as I can see there's no noticeable impact on battery.
    Yes, only white led is blinking.

What app are you using that generates this white led?