Does KitKat still have lag?

Search This thread

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
On stock G2, lag is pretty easy to see. Kill all apps, open up Settings or Contacts. Then swipe between tabs, and you'll see a pause as its refreshed and drawn. After a few times its then cached and switching is smooth.

Is this kind of lag still present in the 24A rom?

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
Still a slight draw lag. You may want to think what this has to do with GRAM, and overall cache, app coding(cant say the best for some of stock lg crap), and memory management. If the app is not killed, there is no lag with battery savings due to GRAM and no draw/cache refresh. This is user error and misunderstanding. There is no need to kill all apps, it only causes harm. This is not an iPhone or some other POS phone. The only apps needed to be killed are "rouge" apps like crap ass Facebook.

Last edited:

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
The point is not about keeping apps in memory. On a phone this fast there should be no lag in a freshly loaded app like contacts. There's no lag on nexus 5, windows phone, iPhone, motox etc, even on Sense. This lag is due to Optimus I feel.

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
The point is not about keeping apps in memory. On a phone this fast there should be no lag in a freshly loaded app like contacts. There's no lag on nexus 5, windows phone, iPhone, motox etc, even on Sense. This lag is due to Optimus I feel.

That's why I ditched it for an M8. This puppy is completely unlocked and buttery smooth. I shouldn't have lag on a flagship phone in 2014. Nope.

Camera for all purposes is superior. I don't blow up photos and crop, so I'm sure G2 is better there.

Haters gonna hate though. Dev community is full of some old faces from the GNex community.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Reactions: heffzilla

pwshadow

Apr 2, 2011
I am on kit Kat and I don't know what you are talking about. All lag is gone from the lock screen, the dialer, the camera, and the messaging app. I get a very slight redraw on the stock launcher, but only when my 9 widgets are updating. This thing is way more responsive than my iPhone ever was.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
The lag is like 1/3 a second, on a few stock apps. Like ECrispy, I assume it's something in LG's UI coding coupled with the way GRAM works. Otherwise, flawless in all other apps. On a side note, that same lag that was present in recent apps loading is now completely gone... *shrug*
I used the M8 for a week, nty.

opiespank

Jul 30, 2010
Mine was a little laggy with 4.2.2 but since updating to 4.4.2, rooted with Google launcher, this thing flies

Opie

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
I just updated my mom's stock G2 to 4.4.2 via OTA. I compared it with my G2 4.2.2 stock rooted. here what I tested so far launching apps side by side.

*camera, gallery, knock on, dial pad, playstore, gmail, text massaging app, taking pictures, are all hair faster even pressing the power button wakes the screen faster.

same speed
*knock off(turn screen), launching hotspot(new icon),

*swiping down on lock screen for notification is definitely less choppy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's why I ditched it for an M8. This puppy is completely unlocked and buttery smooth. I shouldn't have lag on a flagship phone in 2014. Nope.

Camera for all purposes is superior. I don't blow up photos and crop, so I'm sure G2 is better there.

Haters gonna hate though. Dev community is full of some old faces from the GNex community.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW