I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1 with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Joe333x

Oct 6, 2009
My note 2 has always been stable on 4.1.1 stock and I debloated it myself. So when ever an update came out rather than risking my stable phone I would just flash the new baseband from it and keep 4.1.1, until tesh stopped updating his thread. Recently my screen cracked so I used my insurance for the first time. The new phone came with 4.3 and the knox bootloader plus the CMK7 baseband. I did a cwm backup on my cracked screen phone. Used odin to flash cwm onto the new phone, which did cause knox to show I did but who really cares since the phone is so far out of warranty anyway. Then loaded my cwm backup onto the new phone. What I ended up with is my nice stable phone with everything working plus the new baseband CMK7 stayed but the bootloader is still the new knox one. Everything is working just fine, so whats the big thing with everyone saying you cant go back from 4.3? I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1 just fine via cwm.

Reactions: aarongillion63

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
My note 2 has always been stable on 4.1.1 stock and I debloated it myself. So when ever an update came out rather than risking my stable phone I would just flash the new baseband from it and keep 4.1.1, until tesh stopped updating his thread. Recently my screen cracked so I used my insurance for the first time. The new phone came with 4.3 and the knox bootloader plus the CMK7 baseband. I did a cwm backup on my cracked screen phone. Used odin to flash cwm onto the new phone, which did cause knox to show I did but who really cares since the phone is so far out of warranty anyway. Then loaded my cwm backup onto the new phone. What I ended up with is my nice stable phone with everything working plus the new baseband CMK7 stayed but the bootloader is still the new knox one. Everything is working just fine, so whats the big thing with everyone saying you cant go back from 4.3? I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1 just fine via cwm.

If you use PC Odin to go backwards there are uncomfortable results.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
There are multiple threads regarding your cool story.
The issue people are having is not being able to downgrade to 4.1.x OS. Its the bootloader that people were discussing and when coming from a 4.3 bootloader is impossible to downgrade to the 4.1.x bootloader/s.

Maybe doing a search in the future will get you some answers about the whole 4.3 bootloader and downgrading that you're taking about.

Good luck to you.. :)

Reactions: baabafadil

Joe333x

Oct 6, 2009
Ok but like I said I have the 4.3 bootloader and a 4.1 rom with no issues using cwm. So there is no issue with having a 4.1.1 rom and the 4.3 bootloader. If you have nothing constructive to add then dont post anything.

smokeingit

Sep 18, 2008
I mostly Lurk on XDA, But you sir are a different kind of stupid.

Clearly you haven't played with 4.1 long enough to see what the issues are, Its been well known that you can return to a older rom.
but knox has issues by doing so.

Ok but like I said I have the 4.3 bootloader and a 4.1 rom with no issues using cwm. So there is no issue with having a 4.1.1 rom and the 4.3 bootloader. If you have nothing constructive to add then dont post anything.

Joe333x

Oct 6, 2009
I mostly Lurk on XDA, But you sir are a different kind of stupid.

Clearly you haven't played with 4.1 long enough to see what the issues are, Its been well known that you can return to a older rom.
but knox has issues by doing so.

Lol long enough? How about since release day when I bought it? My phone is stable as can be with no force closes completely self deblaoted, working wifi tether, bunch of xposed modules and everything is pefect. For the most part the OS that a phone releases with is typically the most stable, there are obviously exceptions but I have been doing this since the G1 days and as soon as you start getting flash happy is when you have issues. Only thing I update is the baseband/modem. Also dont name call over the Internet its childish but then again most people on here are typically teenagers. Could you elaborate on the issues knox should be causing me but isn't?

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
This topic has been mentioned many times, there's no room for the useless bickering going on in here.
Thread closed

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This topic has been mentioned many times, there's no room for the useless bickering going on in here.
    Thread closed

Have a great day!
    Cool story bro
    There are multiple threads regarding your cool story.
    The issue people are having is not being able to downgrade to 4.1.x OS. Its the bootloader that people were discussing and when coming from a 4.3 bootloader is impossible to downgrade to the 4.1.x bootloader/s.

Maybe doing a search in the future will get you some answers about the whole 4.3 bootloader and downgrading that you're taking about.

Good luck to you.. :)