No answer pressing the buttons...need help!

Search This thread

millovanillo

Feb 23, 2007
Hi guyz,
big problem with my Wings...

I've tried to install SPB Traveller, discovering that doesn't work (was the version for pda).
Then i've disinstalled it and, immediately after, i have no more possibility to press buttons. Only once.

To be more precise...
Switch off the phone removing battery, switch it on again, enetr the pin correctly and, after WM6 screenshot, i'm able to press buttons only once. Not depending from the button...i can pres Start or Contacts, doesn't matter.
After pressing once there's no evidence to have any other button depressed.

I would like to hard reset the phone but, hao can i do if i cannot press any button??

Which is right procedure for hard reset the S730??
There is some shortcut in way not to enter into WM6??

Thanks a lot.

Arcano

Jan 3, 2008
With the phone off, press both softkeys (the ones right under the screen) and then press the power button to turn it on. After a second or so (basically when it starts booting up) release only the power button, but keep the other two pressed.
After a moment you should see a screen asking you if you want to hard reset (you may release the buttons now), press the Send buttont (the green one) and it'll do it.

millovanillo

Feb 23, 2007
Soft keys should be "Start" and "Contacts"...i suppose.

I tried many times, releasing Power button keeping softkeys still pressed, immediately after Smart Mobility screenshot....after displaying of radio version, rom version, etc etc.....but it doesn't work.

I think i'm wrong in some passage. Sure that this process works on S730??

Could you be more clear about it, please?

Which boot i have to take care of? Initial settings (radio, rom, etc etc) or Windows Mobile?

Many thanks.

Arcano

Jan 3, 2008
Yep, those are the buttons. And this procedure does work on the S730, as I had to use it once to restore my phone.

The only advise that comes to my mind is to keep the power button pressed a little bit longer than usual, I believe that's what I did.