[Q] Phone reboots when trying to Power off

Search This thread

jaison92

Jan 11, 2012
Flashed this kernel :[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/BLN[Jan-08]

Its a great kernel and thanks so much to whoever delvelpoed it but i am having a problem when trying to shutoff the phone. When i press the Power button and slect to Power off. The phone goes black, vibrates, and then restarts. Is there a fix for this? Anything would help because this is a great kernel. Thanks.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
I m guessing this is faux123's kernel and if it is what version are you running.

Flashed this kernel :[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/BLN[Jan-08]

Its a great kernel and thanks so much to whoever delvelpoed it but i am having a problem when trying to shutoff the phone. When i press the Power button and slect to Power off. The phone goes black, vibrates, and then restarts. Is there a fix for this? Anything would help because this is a great kernel. Thanks.

jaison92

Jan 11, 2012
Running kernel version: 2.6.35.14 on Android : 2.3.5

I'm really only looking for a kernel that let's me use bln control on the skyrocket, is there a better kernel that you know of?

jaison92

Jan 11, 2012
I just flashed romracer's kernel, and it seems to be very stable but i am still having the reboot problem. When i press the power button and hit power off the phone looks as if its shutting down, goes black, vibrates and restarts. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

fukenbiker

Jan 28, 2011
Los Angeles
lango.us

You need to unplug the power cord before selecting "power off", is a work around fix for the CM7 w/Da_G's kernel, and I bet it works for your trouble as well.

nkostaki

Jan 27, 2008
To add my experience:

My SGS2 runs Android 2.3.4, kernel 2.6.35.7, GINGERBREAD XWKI4). I've had it for just under a year and it has always run the stock Samsung ROM. My phone's not rooted. I've never had any trouble of the kind I'm about to discuss so far.

Today my phone has begun to restart when I power if off. Googled around, saw some people had such problems because of SD card problems. I unmounted the card, removed it, put the battery back in (yes the phone boot up on its own when I inserted the battery). Same problem with no SD in.

I then saw a thread that some people had the phone on the charger when trying to power off (or the phone showed being on the charger when it wasn't - thunder on battery level); my phone shows no thunder and it's not on the charger.

My 8-year old son has taken the phone for a spin today (which means he fires off about a dozen apps aftes he tires of taking pictures and Cutting the Rope).

Any thoughts about how I might go about diagnosing this? Besides rooting my phone, taking a Titaium backup and hard resetting?

Thanks

Nikolas

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
In the future Nickolas please refrain from resurrecting an old thread and post a new one. Also u are in the wrong section, u want the original Samsung Galaxy S2, not the skyrocket (this forum), or the T-Mobile T989, but the i9100

nkostaki

Jan 27, 2008
Yes, I realize I posted in the wrong place; I'll post it on the i9100 forum. Thanks for the heads up.