[Q] Google services framework HELP!!!

Search This thread

jon68

Aug 21, 2009
San Francisco
I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent, mostly when it comes to being able to read, write, and search for things on the internet. I have searched these forums and others and only found two references to this question with no answers. Forgive me if my self inflated ego of being able to find answers online is misplaced. :)

When I try to install the Google services framework (googleservicesframework.apk) on my kindle fire I get the message "application not installed". What am I doing wrong? How do I install this? I am trying to install google apps, namely gmail. After I got the "application not installed" I did reset the device and install the gmail.apk but to no avail, the app would not even open.

I am running 6.2.2 and have recently rooted my kindle and have superuser access. I understand that root is not necessary to install google services framework but I did it nonetheless in hopes that it would help (which it has not).

I know others have had this problem, but I have not found any advice anywhere on this, please help!!! Thanks!

b63

Dec 8, 2011
if you'r rooted and put the googleservicesframework.apk in /system/app then there is no need to install it (yes it will fail) - just restart the kf - you'll see it running ...

jon68

Aug 21, 2009
San Francisco
Thanks for the response! After pasting the googleservicesframework.apk to /system/app and restarting I do not see the application under "running applications", in fact I didnt even see it under "all applications". I know you said there was no need to install the app, but after I didnt see it running I tried to install it anyway then reset, it didnt help.
Its probably good to mention that ive tried this with multiple apks, ive read that there are different ones although I cant seem to tell which ones are different.
Any other advice??

Thurstan

Sep 27, 2007
Argh. Sorry all, having searched everywhere and found this thread I did what you said and STILL get Application Not Installed.

Can anyone offer me advice? Much appreciated if so.

CMCKROC

Mar 7, 2012
This worked for me also

Thanks. I was having the same problem with my Kindle and this version worked for me also.

cyberranger87

Dec 29, 2010
This is the .apk I used on both my KF and my wife's KF. In fact I just installed it on hers last night. Hopefully it works for you.

Thank you so much! I had a link to an older apk that did not work correctly. With that apk and "Any Cut", I was able to create a shortcut to "Accounts and sync" to get my gmail contacts and mail syncing properly.

thanoszx7r

Apr 29, 2011
yes this apk fie gets installed but after the installation of this fil play store stops working ...what to do plz help me ?

Yeah, it is simple. Take your Kindle and smash it with a hammer and go by a Nook. Seriously this thing is the biggest pain in the A$$. I have got it to work only to have it shut down and not recognize the framework again. My Nook was so much easier to root and the Nexus 7 is even better, you don't have to root it.

**** Kindle and Nook to a lesser extent.

thanoszx7r

Apr 29, 2011
Ichigo,

The problem is when the framework is not working the Google Play Store crashes. None of my Android phones, my nook, or my nexus ever had such difficulty. The Nexus was nice because it didn't need any root.

thanoszx7r

Apr 29, 2011
Did you read the spoiler? :p

Anyways, that would be an OS problem. You could always just install a different ROM. Besides, I was on stock and had the framework work fine. As long as you have the current version and had the permissions set to rw-r-r, it should work.

Yes, I read the spoiler. ;)

No, I installed several different roms on both CM and TEAMWIN attempting every combination I could think of. Nothing seemed to work. Finally I gave it to my little girl as a reader and installed all the apps with APK files because I couldn't get the play store to not crash. My wife was ready to kill me I was wasting so much time with the thing. It was a free Kindle, so it wasn't that big of a deal.At least now my daughter can't go on and download any app she wants, I have control over that. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the .apk I used on both my KF and my wife's KF. In fact I just installed it on hers last night. Hopefully it works for you.
    if you'r rooted and put the googleservicesframework.apk in /system/app then there is no need to install it (yes it will fail) - just restart the kf - you'll see it running ...