[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
No...you can flash right over it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

A lot don't recommend it, especially with these builds so many things can change in 8 hours it might mess with things... I always wipe everything cause it takes me 15 minutes to get my phone back to the way I like it without titanium backup. Just remember that things may not be as fast or at their full potential without a full wipe...

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

rrroach

Jan 7, 2012
Quick question: how's the battery life on the latest build (9 at the time of writing) ?

Nowhere near as good as any GB ROM/kernel combo but its not absolutely awful.

Came across a bug today where the time in the status bar would not update/advance. showed up late to a midterm because of it! :mad: Don't know if it's an ICS bug or ROM-specific, but i thought I'd throw it out here just in case it is ROM-specific.

Hope this helps others! (and don't forget to thank me if it does ;) )

Sent from my LG-P999

djimpulsion

Jun 27, 2011
New york
Nowhere near as good as any GB ROM/kernel combo but its not absolutely awful.

Came across a bug today where the time in the status bar would not update/advance. showed up late to a midterm because of it! :mad: Don't know if it's an ICS bug or ROM-specific, but i thought I'd throw it out here just in case it is ROM-specific.

Hope this helps others! (and don't forget to thank me if it does ;) )

Sent from my LG-P999

I had the same issue with Hellfire ics 1.3. Wiped and re-flashed and everything was fine

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
I don't see any setting in Dialer to set the phone number. I am talking about the number of this phone, not incoming callers'.

Also, the Model in EXIF of JPEGs taken now says P990 instead of P999.

Sorry, I did that in cm. it would have been menu -> settings in the dialer. In AOKP I haven't found where to set it.

stephenju

Mar 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Make yourself a profile in the contacts

I don't see how that will solve this:

Jie8T.png

This used to automatically show the number of this G2x.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Sorry, I did that in cm. it would have been menu -> settings in the dialer. In AOKP I haven't found where to set it.

In CM7 it automatically shows the number of the phone without any manually setting. Same for the T-Mobile stock ROM. I think this has something to do with the ROM not able to pull the info form the phone service.

It's not a big deal. Only thing I have problem with this issue is when apps like Google voice and Vonage try to load the number when first setup. It can't and the user have to manually enter it.

shilent

Oct 7, 2010
Anyone having problems with playing MP3's? Google play music keeps saying cannot play file, and Winamp gives me 4 duplicates of each song.

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
I don't see any setting in Dialer to set the phone number. I am talking about the number of this phone, not incoming callers'.

Also, the Model in EXIF of JPEGs taken now says P990 instead of P999.

He was right it is in dialer. He just didnt explain it good enough. I only know this cuz of experience with cm. Go to dialer then hit settings. Then scroll to voicemail settings and type in your phone number....and voila! ;) well it worked for my girls g2x atleast....also had to reboot to see a change in settings. About then status

stephenju

Mar 17, 2011
Massachusetts
He was right it is in dialer. He just didnt explain it good enough. I only know this cuz of experience with cm. Go to dialer then hit settings. Then scroll to voicemail settings and type in your phone number....and voila! ;) well it worked for my girls g2x atleast....also had to reboot to see a change in settings. About then status

Thanks. But I only see voicemail number in that setting, which is the number to call to get voice mail, not my own number.

And it should be automatically loaded like in gingerbread.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

timothy7732

Jan 20, 2012
Its your number if you call your own number from your phone it will ask for your voicemail pin
And There you go

missaellpzchvz

Nov 25, 2010
Arizona
So in a little experiment I just tried, I extracted the Photoshop Touch apk that I bought for my Xoom and got it to work on my G2x. The app worked exceptionally on this rom, HellFire ICS, Eaglesblood and Selfkang :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

nickcuban

Feb 25, 2012
DeLand
Generally everything is working pretty smooth on this ROM, but I have run in to two issues:

1) Freezes while charging (I know, change the setting so it stays awake)

2)Occasionally when I try to reply to a text, the letters won't show up when I push them. The phone will vibrate when I press the keys and it will even suggest words, but nothing will show up or be sent.

Gwanatu

Oct 12, 2010
Apopka, FL
Generally everything is working pretty smooth on this ROM, but I have run in to two issues:

1) Freezes while charging (I know, change the setting so it stays awake)

2)Occasionally when I try to reply to a text, the letters won't show up when I push them. The phone will vibrate when I press the keys and it will even suggest words, but nothing will show up or be sent.

My sister in law is getting a G2x so I'm checking out the ROMs here to see what's best, but I have the same issue with the soft keyboard not working some times on my Galaxy Nexus running AOKP. I'm wondering if it's an AOKP issue because I run a different kernel than what comes stock with AOKP. I'll be happy to report stuff once she gets the phone though!

stephenju

Mar 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Its your number if you call your own number from your phone it will ask for your voicemail pin
And There you go

No. We are not talking about VM number. But that should also be automatically pulled from SIM or the cell network. We are talking about the ROM not able to pull the number assigned to the phone. Like this:

Jie8T.png

Reactions: J-Boxer

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
Ok and not having your number there is preventing u from doing what exactly?

stephenju

Mar 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Ok and not having your number there is preventing u from doing what exactly?

I explained that in my prior post already. And at least it indicates some issue communicating with SIM and cell network. I would think the developers will want to know this.

But since nobody seems to understand what the issue is, I'll just stop mentioning it. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Just in case...
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix. It's why I use cyanogenmod so that I don't deal with these kinds of problems.

I'm heading back to hellfire sandwich 1.3.

You need to be more specific. What do you mean "customized the settings app?" It's stock with the exception of a new spot added for Rom Control.

Why include two launchers? To please everyone... lol. I personally use Nova. It has way more options than anything I've used.

The galaxy live wallpaper? That wallpaper does not come on stock ICS. I know because I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Let me be perfectly clear. This is not CM. This is not a CM9 kang. This is AOKP which is completely different. I used the device and vendor trees from CM so that stuff like data/cell/etc will work. As far as the rom and features it is 110% DIFFERENT. So restoring anything is not a good idea.

themoreyouknow.jpg
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix.

MUST. RESIST. BAN.
    Ok guys and gals... OP UPDATED!

Data and cell both work.
    90% of Rom Control should be working now
    BROWSER STILL BROKE - 3RD PARTY BROWSERS WORK FINE
    VIDEO RECORDING BROKE - there's an app you can download though for this

And of course, please do a CLEAN INSTALL (wipe data)

This is the last build that will be uploaded to 4shared. All future builds will be posted on for download on goo-inside.me and will be downloadable here - http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases

And yes, you can expect this to get updated from here on out every time we release a new build of AOKP. :)

Enjoy!