( How to ) convert a bootanimation zip to qmg file ?

Search This thread

ferlogan

Feb 24, 2011
houston
Hello guys . I need help converting a zip file to qmg file bootanimation I was researching and I found that you have to run a samsung program to convert the file .. the problem is that I don't have a computer now is there another way to get that done . Thank you very much in advance :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
Hello guys . I need help converting a zip file to qmg file bootanimation I was researching and I found that you have to run a samsung program to convert the file .. the problem is that I don't have a computer now is there another way to get that done . Thank you very much in advance :)

Ok fellas....for the ones who cant get this to work by flashing I will tell you how to get it to work. Very simple...
You need to open the zip. With either 7Zip on your pc OR a file manager like FX with root permission.
After you open the zip there is 2 files. You want to open the one named system. Inside that file is a media folder. Open that folder...
Now you should see 2 qmg files. You want to take those 2 files and replace the current ones you have now.
Go to system/media. Copy the 2 new files from the zip and replace the ones in system/media.
Reboot and your done.

Hit the Thanks button if I helped.

Sent from my Wicked S4

If I helped hit the Thanks button. ..

Sent from a Wicked S4

faiyo

Jul 11, 2011
Alternative workaround to pursue: there is a way to use regular boot animation zip files instead of samsungs qmg. You've got to research this i dont do it myself. I just saw it somewhere. This way might suit you better.

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Is there a way to do the opposite? To turn a qmg into png files?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Shaftamle

Inactive Recognized Themer

To the best of my knowledge you would need proprietary Samsung software to modify .QMG file. Your best bet is to find a kernel or ROM with custom boot animation support and put the boot animation. Zip in the /system/media folder.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/

teslax

Ok fellas....for the ones who cant get this to work by flashing I will tell you how to get it to work. Very simple...
You need to open the zip. With either 7Zip on your pc OR a file manager like FX with root permission.
After you open the zip there is 2 files. You want to open the one named system. Inside that file is a media folder. Open that folder...
Now you should see 2 qmg files. You want to take those 2 files and replace the current ones you have now.
Go to system/media. Copy the 2 new files from the zip and replace the ones in system/media.
Reboot and your done.

Sent from my Wicked S4

Sent from a Wicked S4

Hi mate.

Thanks for your advise. The ZIP file (folder system) have 4 .qmg files. I have copied all 4 files in the root\system\media and now the new bootanimation works perfect.

Cheers :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reboot and your done.

Sent from my Wicked S4

Sent from a Wicked S4