XAP archive

Search This thread

jordanmills

Sep 10, 2006
Pearland, TX
www.jordanmills.com
I'd really like to see a XAP archive made available. I have a personal archive of some apps that I've bought. The idea is to mitigate situations where an app is no longer available on the marketplace (for whatever reason - temporary misidentification by MS certifier techs, trademark dispute, developers not renewing their store accounts, etc) even though you purchased it and have a license for it.

One potential problem (and why I'm not posting my own collection here) is that it would enable installation of paid apps by people who didn't buy a license - piracy.

Regardless, is there some sort of archive to mitigate the above situation? Is there any effective way to do it without enabling pirating apps while respecting the rights of people who bought licenses?

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
I'd really like to see a XAP archive made available. I have a personal archive of some apps that I've bought. The idea is to mitigate situations where an app is no longer available on the marketplace (for whatever reason - temporary misidentification by MS certifier techs, trademark dispute, developers not renewing their store accounts, etc) even though you purchased it and have a license for it.

One potential problem (and why I'm not posting my own collection here) is that it would enable installation of paid apps by people who didn't buy a license - piracy.

Regardless, is there some sort of archive to mitigate the above situation? Is there any effective way to do it without enabling pirating apps while respecting the rights of people who bought licenses?

remove WMAppPRHeader.xml from the xap Archive ( xap is just a .zip Archive that is renamed to .xap)

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Also, removing the app manifest makes the app completely not installable, which may prevent piracy but also renders the archived XAP file pretty useless...

To the OP, I don't know of any real way to do what you're asking, short of just making a personal collection and not sharing it.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It's probably possible to re-build the archive and all of the required metadata, but I see no particularly legitimate reason to do so...

A AJAY

Jun 9, 2015
surat
It always works.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk, sorry for the excessive amount of spaces. its a bug in tapatalk.

Hey..if you still using tapatalk then can you packed it for me and send in "pm" if you have ..because I need it and it isn't available on store ..thanks in advance.?

Top Liked Posts