Ace ICECREAM SANDWICH update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rhadrio

Aug 23, 2010
Jakarta
I believe it has the chance of getting ICS but definetly not from Samsung. SGA has a very large amount of users and skillful developers who could make it happen.

We may have to be patient though.. Even Nexus S, which has the official support from Google, hasn't even recieved the upgrade yet. CMIIW.

Reactions: elspanish88

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
I believe it has the chance of getting ICS but definetly not from Samsung. SGA has a very large amount of users and skillful developers who could make it happen.

We may have to be patient though.. Even Nexus S, which has the official support from Google, hasn't even recieved the upgrade yet. CMIIW.
They won't be pushing ICS to Nexus S when Prime hasn't even been out and ICS unveiled in Hong Kong on Wednesday.

rhadrio

Aug 23, 2010
Jakarta
They won't be pushing ICS to Nexus S when Prime hasn't even been out and ICS unveiled in Hong Kong on Wednesday.
Yeah.. Lame old marketing tactics lol.

By the way, I've seen some leaked videos of Prime and S running ICS and from there I could understand that even S wont have the exact same version of ICS the Prime will have... Well at least for the GUI.

Have a look at this.

A

Aktifit

If I had to choose I'd rather have a completely stable and optimized Gingerbread instead of an ICS. Stable meaning every feature working the way it should, like my wifi actually reconnecting after sleep.

Jaunzems

May 1, 2011
Mārupe
ctrl.lv
The main advantages on ICS are:
1) dual core support and hardware accelerating
2) New UI.
Because neither of those are relevant to Galaxy Ace, I'm fine with Gingerbread.
But XDA developers are really fast and they will port ICS even if Samsung wouldn't.

Reactions: ap6709 and aljuna10

rhadrio

Aug 23, 2010
Jakarta
but i have heard taht the update will be for 1 yr old devices i think galaxy ace is 1 yr old only...so we can get
Yeah maybe for some high-end devices that is..

And really, I wouldnt expect much from Samsung in the term of firmware updates.

Maybe we could just put our hope on a new ICS-based CM instead :rolleyes:

chaoszero6

Sep 4, 2011
Chennai
google announced that it will be available for the first 18 months for existing phones...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

consegregate

Feb 2, 2011
Singapore
Yup there's a new agreement for companies to provide software updates till the 1 year or so is up. We're probably getting it but of course they will prioritize.

Evgenik777

Aug 5, 2011
Banja Luka
New version of OS is one of marketing tricks to lure people into buying new phones, I'm quite sure that we won't see ICS stock from Samsung, but nevermind, we have great developers, so just wait for CM 8 an' see :)

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
New version of OS is one of marketing tricks to lure people into buying new phones, I'm quite sure that we won't see ICS stock from Samsung, but nevermind, we have great developers, so just wait for CM 8 an' see :)
It'd really be pointless though. ICS is a much more optimised version of HC which should bring full SMP support through software, something that has gone begging for quite a while to take advantage of phones like the S2. Maybe they are adding GPU rendering as well. Another useless perk for the Ace as the GPU is ****.

Also, why bother porting ICS to ARMv6? It's a complete waste of resources when it's almost likely to provide little to no benefit.

My opinion at least. Don't get your hopes up for ICS/ICS-based CM8.

kapybarus

Aug 25, 2011
And what about some battery improvements in ICS? Maybe the phone won 't go faster but battery life could be higher. Or am i wrong?

djsky2011

May 12, 2011
London
Don't sound so negative guys, IV seen some old android phones running a ported gingerbread so anything is possible, never underestimate what the power of coding and patience can do

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is not needed anymore. It has changed into troll festival.
    Closed and unsticked.
    First of all if we'd get ICS we'd get like 3x/4x the performance of gingerbread because of the hardware acceleration and new improvements.The display and ram needed is not a problem.ICS is supposed to unify the phones and tablets more and if we have gingerbread 2.3.5 we should have ICS.
    WHY?
    Maybe because every device but nexus s has 2.3.5 the latest version official.
    Just nexus s has 2.3.7 and nexus one I believe.

Our ace is new and although a little grungy it still has 800mhz with the potential to oc and it actually has 512 with alot of ram used by the OS so not usable by us.WE GOT to 2400 quadrant score and it can be better after OC and some graphic drivers.

So just shut up and wait for it.I have no doubt that we will get it and get it officially.If not CM9 is always there!
    The main advantages on ICS are:
    1) dual core support and hardware accelerating
    2) New UI.
    Because neither of those are relevant to Galaxy Ace, I'm fine with Gingerbread.
    But XDA developers are really fast and they will port ICS even if Samsung wouldn't.
    does our sga is capeble of getting the android 4.0 ice cream sadwich update or we have to be happy with gingerbred only???????????
    Just wait for cm8.