Lumia 900 and T Mobile

Search This thread

geoken

Jun 6, 2009
GTA
People have the Titan 2 running on Tmobile's 3g network, so I think its possible for the 900 to run on Tmo as well.

Not saying it isn't possible, just that it's been tried and hasn't worked. The radio on these devices is capable of working but is also capable of being locked out (ie. AT&T skyrocket users had to flash a radio to get it to work on Tmo).

JMackey

Nov 15, 2010
Victoria
I received a call today from Nokia's "Service Recovery Team" after I questioned the working frequencies compared to the frequencies on the box.

What I took away from the conversation (The guy had a horrible accent) was that the Lumia 900 does support W-CDMA Band 4 but it is locked down by the provider.

My guess is that Band 4 is configured in the firmware for either LTE or W-CDMA and since Rogers is attempting to get Band 4 for LTE here in Canada, that's what it was set at.

jcinc

Jun 28, 2010
at this rate, i might as well wait and hear news about win 8. i would hate to buy a lumia and see that its not upgradable to win 8

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
I have renewed hope that the Lumia 900 will work on Tmo. Just talked to two people on wpcentral that now have Titan 2s running on Tmobile and getting HSPA+ speeds. Now if those dam people at ATT will release their unlock codes :)

There is not even a single ATT Titan 2 running Tmobile 3G at this point, where ever you have read is wrong ... most of the folks are moving out to Straight Talk service that uses ATT :)

feedmylittletroll

Apr 10, 2012
Georgia
There is not even a single ATT Titan 2 running Tmobile 3G at this point, where ever you have read is wrong ... most of the folks are moving out to Straight Talk service that uses ATT :)

Actually you can get a T-mobile or ATT sim from Straight Talk's bring your on phone program :)

If ATT data/coverage was any good in my area I might consider using them. I don't get reception at work or school and data speeds are barely considered 3g (avg around .7-1.5mb down). Tmo averages around 7-10mb downs during peak hours and 10-14 off peak times in my area and I am always in full coverage. I will find out later on this week if the Titan2 runs T-mobile.

xs2k

Nov 12, 2008
Actually you can get a T-mobile or ATT sim from Straight Talk's bring your on phone program :)

If ATT data/coverage was any good in my area I might consider using them. I don't get reception at work or school and data speeds are barely considered 3g (avg around .7-1.5mb down). Tmo averages around 7-10mb downs during peak hours and 10-14 off peak times in my area and I am always in full coverage. I will find out later on this week if the Titan2 runs T-mobile.

I'm currently on Tmo (not Straight Talk) and the Titan 2 does not get 3g. MMS is still not working.

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006

I am aware that you will be able to get ATT and Tmobile sim but 3G on Titan or 900 will only work with ATT as of now

RavenII

Dec 4, 2006
Again, it's not the matter of the "radio" per sé, rather if the phone itself knows what to do with the radio...

Going back to the whole FM/HD FM example...Here in Chicago B96 (96.3Mhz) is a huge station. With a standard radio...it can tune to 96.3 just fine, but even though the HD signal is there as well on the same frequency, the radio doesn't know how to interpret it...mostly because of the different channel spacing and modulation type.

What am I trying to say? Well, once T-Mo gets their 900 Variant, we get to (hopefully) flash our radios/SW (kinda like the Skyrocket owners do) and have a functioning phone.

jcinc

Jun 28, 2010
According to the news yesterday all devices will be upgraded to WP8. Even if that is not true, I would be shocked if the 900 is not upgraded.

I haven't seen anything. Where is your source? Also, since Win 8 would have support for dual cores, better resolution and external flash drive, personally I'd wait until the end of the year. It's not that I really need a new phone right now.

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
I haven't seen anything. Where is your source? Also, since Win 8 would have support for dual cores, better resolution and external flash drive, personally I'd wait until the end of the year. It's not that I really need a new phone right now.

I dont think all this WP7 phones will be updated to WP8 but some might and we will know with time only

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you unlock it, voice & edge features would work. But, 3G/4G would not.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

what are you basing this on? Has someone verified this?

At present it seems pretty ambiguous. On the one hand Nokia doesn't mention it in their specs, on the other hand the FCC filing lists 1700 as a UMTS band (as well as an LTE band). Also, other AT&T phones (skyrocket) using the same Qualcomm 9200 work on T-Mobile.

I don't think anyone could give a definite answer until its been tested.
    I will be picking this up today for the non-subsidized price and getting it unlocked to pop in my TMO sim. I'll replay later today on the results :). Note it may be late in the afternoon or evening as I will need to wait for the unlock code to be emailed to me.
    Oh my God! It's like no one read my previous post....

The Nokia Lumia 900 for Rogers when unlocked will work on T-mobile perfectly because Rogers utilizes all the same bands as T-mobile.

The Unlocked AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 will not work fully functional with T-mobile because about half of the bands are incompatible.

Moral of the story is....

Get a Rogers Nokia Lumia 900 if you have T-mobile. The unlock codes for the Rogers Lumias are out. Unlock it. Use it like a champ.
    Look up 5 posts -- images of both ATT and Rogers Lumia 900 retail box labels listing certified GSM and UMTS bands for each model. In Summary:

WCDMA/HSPA Bands:
    ATT 850/1900/2100 (triband only)
    Rogers 850/900/1700/1900/2100 (pentaband)

T-Mo uses band IV. ATT only shows bands I, II, and V... ATT version won't work on TMO's WCDMA (3G). Rogers version includes two extra UMTS bands 900 and 1700.
    And for anyone who doesn't understand what UMTS is, see the wikipedia link two posts above. It shows which carriers use which UMTS bands. So unless you're TMO coverage has the UMTS(WCDMA) 1900 band like parts of Nevada and Northern California, you're ATT Lumia 900 will only do EDGE with a T-Mo SIM.

Cheers

Cheers
    AFAIK, no one has yet taken an unlocked Lumia 900 (Canadian or US version) and tested 3G on T-Mobile (USA). First one to do that before April 21 will be immortalized in the XDA Hall of Gods... ;-)