Which color to get?

Search This thread

Jun 28, 2009
White

why?

Have you ever used a dark Phone/Tablet in the summersun... then you know why!
The device gets hot as hell!!

I find white bezels to be too reflective and distracting. Especially in well lit environments. Biggest reason for me to avoid white. It still looks cool though but dark bezel better imo.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
White.... better build quality... less noise

Bull****... There's no difference except the colour..
Never had any problems with my grey note 10.1... Or the one I bought for my brother, or the one a friend of mine bought.

White

why?

Have you ever used a dark Phone/Tablet in the summersun... then you know why!
The device gets hot as hell!!

Not true, I live in Australia. This country has some of the hottest days... Never had a problem with my Note 10.1 getting hot...

Last edited:

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
Bull****... There's no difference except the colour..
Never had any problems with my grey note 10.1... Or the one I bought for my brother, or the one a friend of mine bought.

Not true, I live in Australia. This country has some of the hottest days... Never had a problem with my Note 10.1 getting hot...
Its not about actual heat... its about sunlight. Its a scientific fact that darker colors absorb more light (light = energy = heat) than lighter shades.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Bystorm

Sep 19, 2012
Its not about actual heat... its about sunlight. Its a scientific fact that darker colors absorb more light (light = energy = heat) than lighter shades.

Second this. My mom got a black minivan, aka the Mercury Monterey , and it attracts the sunlight like anything else. Especially if the seats are darker, and its worse if they're leather. It looks nice , but it sucks in the summer unless the car is parked under some shade. The same principle appleis to anything darker.

newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy00/phy00156.htm

Read the third comment by ProfHoff. It has to deal with darker colors being better absorbers of light and thus, radiation/heat. This is why when people live or traverse desert or any hot climates where solar exposure is the constant and fatal , they are usually clothed in white or lighter colors since those do not attract as much heat . Just get anti glare screen protectors and white instantly becomes the best one to travel with, whether you'e in the cold or not.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah

I don't think that applies as much as you think, I tend to look at my screen more than the back of my tab...
Granted it may get a bit hotter on the surface to touch but how many people sit in the sun using their tablets? I use my tablet outside very rarely, the screen can be a bit hard to see in sunlight but I can say that my tab has never overheated...
The other thing is, this is generally a moot point, I've seen people with the white Note 10.1 put it in a black case, you can't tell me that my Note gets hotter in my light brown leather case than theirs in their black silicone case?

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
I don't think that applies as much as you think, I tend to look at my screen more than the back of my tab...
Granted it may get a bit hotter on the surface to touch but how many people sit in the sun using their tablets? I use my tablet outside very rarely, the screen can be a bit hard to see in sunlight but I can say that my tab has never overheated...
The other thing is, this is generally a moot point, I've seen people with the white Note 10.1 put it in a black case, you can't tell me that my Note gets hotter in my light brown leather case than theirs in their black silicone case?
Lol
Well, if you use a car dock form your cell phone and have it in the sunlight for 3 hours, your phone gets very toasty. I've had my share of reboots and freezes due to overheating devices over the years on all but my white GS3.
Different materials have different heat capacities, but generally darker colors get hotter. Silicon in what I am guessing is the gel form does not have a high heat capacity, while leather has a higher one, so yours mights have still been hotter.

Science.

Reactions: shahinm

mesubbu

Nov 28, 2012
Bangalore
White looks best

Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

It is personal preference. but still i prefer white. it looks classy. i have for 6 months (with a cover, of course.) it looks great

Reactions: shahinm

panda-man

Mar 28, 2013
Beijing
i got the grey model. which i think looks great. it kinda provides a frame. and i get the false sense of the screen being bigger when watching a movie... the back colour doesnt really matter i think. unless your note go around 'naked'. but i'd advise against that as the back of the note is a little plasticy...

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
got mine yesterday:laugh: i got the grey i have a white on my phone and it was getting dirty felt the grey wont get all that dirty so i got it just my feeling and i got it :p:laugh: and im loving it man:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick information. I've stucked this thread and now it should be considered as an official place to discuss color. Other threads will be closed. Thanks for understanding :)
    Lol
    Well, if you use a car dock form your cell phone and have it in the sunlight for 3 hours, your phone gets very toasty. I've had my share of reboots and freezes due to overheating devices over the years on all but my white GS3.
    Different materials have different heat capacities, but generally darker colors get hotter. Silicon in what I am guessing is the gel form does not have a high heat capacity, while leather has a higher one, so yours mights have still been hotter.

Science.
    White looks best

Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

It is personal preference. but still i prefer white. it looks classy. i have for 6 months (with a cover, of course.) it looks great
    White looks nice but i went for the deep Grey :good:
    White is my wife's color for devices (currently, an iPad 3 and an S4). Gray was the only choice for me, for both my N10.1 and N2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD