[Q] Kies Air Application Blocked For Security?

Search This thread

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
I'm running I747UCUEMJB 4.3 On my Galaxy S III. Kies Air PC application to latest version. Sun java latest version and flash player latest version. I am getting this error when trying to login thru my broswer, Have tried chrome,IE, and Firefox. Any help would be appreciated.

java.security.cert.CertificateRevokedException: Certificate has been revoked, reason: CESSATION_OF_OPERATION, revocation date: Mon Jan 27 19:35:15 EST 2014, authority: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 CA, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)10, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US, extensions: {}
at com.sun.deploy.security.RevocationChecker.checkOCSP(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.RevocationChecker.check(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.checkRevocationStatus(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.getValidationState(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.validateChain(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.isTrustedByTrustDecider(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.getTrustedCodeSources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCallback.strategy(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCallback.openClassPathElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.access$1000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$3.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoader(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoader(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.initAppletAdapter(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

rshabsin

Jan 29, 2014
Kies Air Blocked for Security

You're probably getting this error when you're launching the Kies Air Discovery Service. Don't use that. Just start Kies Air on your mobile device and enter the URL in your browser as instructed. (I had the same problem as you, but then discovered there's no need to use the Kies Air Discovery Service.)

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
You're probably getting this error when you're launching the Kies Air Discovery Service. Don't use that. Just start Kies Air on your mobile device and enter the URL in your browser as instructed. (I had the same problem as you, but then discovered there's no need to use the Kies Air Discovery Service.)

I uninstalled Kies from my PC still does the same thing. :confused:

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
Found a the fix for it. Anyone who uses Norton Internet Security go to settings/network/smart firewall/trust control/local area connection/ (Find the device listed according to the IP Kies air gives you to put into your browser) change the setting to Full Trust or Use Network Trust Shared.

|-----Did not fix the problem-----|

Last edited:
Reactions: allhill

MCharlieferret

Jan 30, 2014
Found a the fix for it. Anyone who uses Norton Internet Security go to settings/network/smart firewall/trust control/local area connection/ (Find the device listed according to the IP Kies air gives you to put into your browser) change the setting to Full Trust or Use Network Trust Shared.
:highfive:

Not running Norton on my system, so your suggestion does not help me (I do thank you though!!)

It won't run on any of my computers, Win xp Pro, Win 7 Pro, or Win 8.

I get no help from Samsung, in fact, they are dumber than a box of rocks. Verizon is no better....I keep getting, "We will research this issue and call you back tomorrow." I had no problems up until 3 weeks ago.....Kies will not let me download more than 1 image at a time without Java running, but Java tells me my Security certificate has been revoked,, just like stated (and shown) above.

Oh yeah..Verizon's solution is to connect a USB cable and transfer my images that way. What a cop-out for their ignorance of the issue.

Anyone here have any suggestions?

I run WebRoot, Windows Defender, and System Mechanic on all my computers and the server. (Yes, I have turned them all off, Still NO JOY!)

Thanks in advance......

MC

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
I thought it was fixed. Tried again today still getting that error message. WTF? :confused: Anyone have suggestions?

stephanieh11

Jan 31, 2014
I thought it was fixed. Tried again today still getting that error message. WTF? :confused: Anyone have suggestions?

"In order to enhance security, the certificate revocation checking feature has been enabled by default starting in Java 7 Update 25"

I'm just some chick who's trying to find answers for someone else having the same issue, and so far this is all I've found. Seems like if your Java is up to date, then this feature is enabled by default now. So its worth trying. :eek:

I'm a new user so I can't post links, but I did a simple google search for "certificate has been revoked" and the first link said "How to configure certificate revocation checking from the Java ..."

Hopefully that helps. :good:

Reactions: raptorseye

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
"In order to enhance security, the certificate revocation checking feature has been enabled by default starting in Java 7 Update 25"

I'm just some chick who's trying to find answers for someone else having the same issue, and so far this is all I've found. Seems like if your Java is up to date, then this feature is enabled by default now. So its worth trying. :eek:

I'm a new user so I can't post links, but I did a simple google search for "certificate has been revoked" and the first link said "How to configure certificate revocation checking from the Java ..."

Thank you for that info. I have now have a real solution to the problem and this will help your friend also.
1. Go to Java control settings.
2. Click the advanced tab.
3. Scroll down until you see "Perform Certificate Revocation Checks" Click on do not check. Hit apply.
4. Close your browser and reopen your url to KIES. You'll be prompted if you want it to run it yes. Fixed! :victory:

If changing those settings are a security concern, you should try AirDroid it's on the Play Store. It's free and the user interface is much nicer then KIES.

Last edited:

MCharlieferret

Jan 30, 2014
In Addition To The Fix Below........

Thank you for that info. I have now have a real solution to the problem and this will help your friend also.
3. Scroll down until you see "Perform Certificate Revocation Checks" Click on do not check. Hit apply.
4. Close your browser and reopen your url to KIES. You'll be prompted if you want it to run it yes. Fixed! :victory:

If changing those settings are a security concern, you should try AirDroid it's on the Play Store. It's free and the user interface is much nicer then KIES.

THAT DID IT!!! (Sorta!) One more thing to add to your very simple and clear information (Thank you BTW) Go to the SECURITY tab in Java and *lower* the security slider down to MEDIUM...

Now I can again, transfer multiple files in KIES AIR!

I wonder why Samsung is so dumb about this very simple fix....

Again...THANK YOU to Dave for getting us back on track!

MC

Last edited:
Reactions: ing007 and tad_gr

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
THAT DID IT!!! (Sorta!) One more thing to add to your very simple and clear information (Thank you BTW) Go to the SECURITY tab in Java and *lower* the security slider down to MEDIUM...

MC

Your welcome! :highfive:

raysky

Jan 14, 2012
thanks!

:good:

tomjbooth

Feb 1, 2010
Thanks

Thanks Steph Chick for finding the root of the problem and also to the 2 contributors who followed with explanations on disabling cert checking and security level - great time saver thank you all. Ruddy shame that a}. Samsung can't be ar5ed to make sure the java cert is up to date and b}. Can't be bl00dy bothered to help when their sloppy code goes sour.
Thanks again
Tom

raptorseye

Mar 3, 2011

profit thanks!! :laugh:

LildillyDumpling

Jul 24, 2014

Best. Solution. Of All.

I joined this group JUST to say "thanks" and yep! much better interface and experience. Opening the door wide open for Java? I have too many memories of Bad Java to feel good about that. :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In Addition To The Fix Below........

MC

|-----Did not fix the problem-----|