Mar 12, 2012
Dear All,

I have the following phone:
Model number: GT-I9100G
Android version: 2.3.5
Baseband version: I9100GZCKI1
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 se.infra@SEP-76#2
Build Number: GINGERBREAD-ZCKI1

This phone is original bought in China Mainland, so, no google sync, no market, no Whatsapp... Even no useful GPS...

I was reading lot of posts and I decided to change my firmware into a european one...
I get the open europe version, download Odin, put in debug mode...
SOFT BRICK! (Now I know perfectly the meaning of this).
PANIC MODE ON!
Cold sweat running my back, ashtray full, 2:30 am... Nothing.
Next morning, after a hard night full of nightmares with my phone, I was searching information how to get it back... so I get the official chinese firmware.
Download again, use Odin, Start... NOTHING!
I was searching a JTAG service center in China when OMG, a clever malasian guy said:
"The secret to the sauce: The correct PIT file should have been included, and "re-partition" option is ticked and the correct PIT file for I9100G is as attached."
**I can't post the link**
(PS: THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!!)

uffff! Saved.

As now I have the key to come back to the original status... Let's try other options...

I tried superoneclick: Blocked on step 7
I tried another post here suggesting use the I9100ZNKG5-ownhere-v1.2.4.Odin:Success, but, can't turn on. Stops at the beggining with our yellow triangle friend...

Oh, I've forget to say that I'm in china, so search and download firmwares is an epic task! hotfile, rapidshare and so on are blocked! At least I have a VPN, but I'm sure that not everyone have...

So now, what can I do? Is there any solution to take the chinese firmware out?
I was wondering maybe the .pit file is the solution to use ZNKG5... but I can't find it anywhere.

I have read another post from a Colombian guy (sorry, I don't have the link) that there is method changing the modem in a clockwork orange... really, too complicated to me.

My intention is keep a post with all the files needed to change the firmware if is possible.
You can put here your links and I will upload the files into chinese web storages, because the problem is from phones bought from China, so I guess people will be living in China...

Last edited:
Reactions: arhanghel92

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
PANIC MODE ON!

Usual is not flashing G Model firmware but flashing i9100 firmware .

PIT files are dangerous do not use or repartition as that may brick your phone .

jje

Unkim

Mar 12, 2012
So, can I use any firmware meanwhile is G version?
Maybe I've downloaded the not G one...
Well, try is worthy.

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
You need to use i9100g firmware, I9100 stuff will not work.

Now to root you can flash this kernel, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369977

There is a custom rom for the i9100g, let me just find it and I will come back and link

Edit: rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374135

You can also check http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/ for stock unmodified roms, but make sure you use one for i9100g, that g is important, it's almost a totally different phone than the international version, only the name and screen are the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Unkim

Mar 12, 2012
Veyka, Any Kernel is OK?
I mean, they are:
XXLA1
JPKK1
DZKL3

But my phone is chinese (GZCKI1)

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
Veyka, Any Kernel is OK?
I mean, they are:
XXLA1
JPKK1
DZKL3

But my phone is chinese (GZCKI1)

To be honest I don't know that much about the i9100g, download your stock firmware, from sammobile or elsewhere, (I tried looking but the results where mostly in Chinese which I don't speak, sorry) so if the version you flash does not work you can jump back

Here is more info; http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2068824/all

Also Google for checkfus as it should allow you to download the firmwares from Samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
FFS, G model has a different CPU do not use any NONE G firmware.

Chinese model has different signed boots which will reject any firmware which is NOT for the Chinese version.

Double Trouble :p

Take it back, go to a black market and buy the international version ;)

or just enjoy the phone as it was meant to be.

Reactions: Sivabalan

Unkim

Mar 12, 2012
But we are speaking about software right?
I mean, must be a way to change the boot right or something right?

And hope I could turn it back, but too late... And I'm sure that more people should be in the same situation.

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
But we are speaking about software right?
I mean, must be a way to change the boot right or something right?

And hope I could turn it back, but too late... And I'm sure that more people should be in the same situation.

You could use JTAG and change the boots to the normal G version instead of the Chinese G boots.

Unkim

Mar 12, 2012
Hey! I have the market on my phone! and Whatsapp!
As soon as I can link webs I will put all of the information!!!

Yujuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

It's like have a new phone!

Unkim

Mar 12, 2012
Ok!
As promised here are the files and guide about how to change your chinese i9100g into a "civilizated" phone:

STEP 0 (SECURITY COPY)
Make a security copy of your contacts, pictures, movies.... This process will delete EVERYTHING from your phone.

STEP 1 (ODIN)
Get Odin from below link and open it
http://www.wupload.com/file/2677120037/Odin3-v1.85.zip

STEP 2 (ROOT)
Download below link and root your phone with Odin.
http://www.wupload.com/file/2677118927/I9100G_ZCKH4_KERNEL_ROOT.tar

There are several guides on this forum about how to do but moreless is:
Take out the connection wire if you have it
Turn off your phone
Put it into download state (volume down+home+power)
Press volume up to confirm the download state
Turn on Odin
Connect the phone to the computer
on PDA use the KERNEL ROOT file that you have just downloaded
re-partition must be UNchecked
START

STEP 3 (ROM)
Download the link below and do the same procedure as above but in the PDA put the file you just have downloaded.
http://www.wupload.com/file/2677117442/I9100G_ZCKI1_MIC_03.tar

STEP 4 (WIFI & Yellow triangle on start up)
Download below link and same as before (Put this file on PDA and START).
http://www.wupload.com/file/2677119517/i9100G_ZCKI1_KERNEL.tar

Your phone will be in chinese as when you bought it. Just change the language.
ENJOY!!!

Oh, in case of failure or just "in case"...
Original firmware:
http://www.wupload.com/file/2677126677/I9100GZCKI1_I9100GZCKI1_I9100GOZHKI1.tar.md5
.Pit file to make it owrks:
http://www.wupload.com/file/2677120247/omap4_all_20110627_emmc.pit

Unkim

Mar 12, 2012
Oh, now the problem is how to get a good GPS available in China, because google navigator can't work...
Suggestions are accepted!

AndyTang

Feb 1, 2012
Google navigation not work is normal , because only work in europe or usa , asia and hong kong can't use it :p

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
BTW I now have a real solution to do CHN <> EUR without JTAG, lets see which box is now the first to add it :p If nothing happens by the time I am off vacation I will release it :D

PhilipppW

Apr 10, 2012
BTW I now have a real solution to do CHN <> EUR without JTAG, lets see which box is now the first to add it :p If nothing happens by the time I am off vacation I will release it :D

Oh please please please become my personal hero and share your wisdom with the world! I can't wait to finally get rid of all the chinese BS on my phone!

Hope to hear from you soon, enjoy ur holiday!

chewee133

Jan 9, 2010
Would flashing .pit file do any good? I bored of this censorship everywhere.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear All,

I have the following phone:
    Model number: GT-I9100G
    Android version: 2.3.5
    Baseband version: I9100GZCKI1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 se.infra@SEP-76#2
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD-ZCKI1

This phone is original bought in China Mainland, so, no google sync, no market, no Whatsapp... Even no useful GPS...

I was reading lot of posts and I decided to change my firmware into a european one...
    PANIC MODE ON!
    Cold sweat running my back, ashtray full, 2:30 am... Nothing.
    Next morning, after a hard night full of nightmares with my phone, I was searching information how to get it back... so I get the official chinese firmware.
    Download again, use Odin, Start... NOTHING!
    I was searching a JTAG service center in China when OMG, a clever malasian guy said:
    "The secret to the sauce: The correct PIT file should have been included, and "re-partition" option is ticked and the correct PIT file for I9100G is as attached."
    **I can't post the link**
    (PS: THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!!)

uffff! Saved.

As now I have the key to come back to the original status... Let's try other options...

I tried superoneclick: Blocked on step 7
    I tried another post here suggesting use the I9100ZNKG5-ownhere-v1.2.4.Odin:Success, but, can't turn on. Stops at the beggining with our yellow triangle friend...

Oh, I've forget to say that I'm in china, so search and download firmwares is an epic task! hotfile, rapidshare and so on are blocked! At least I have a VPN, but I'm sure that not everyone have...

So now, what can I do? Is there any solution to take the chinese firmware out?
    I was wondering maybe the .pit file is the solution to use ZNKG5... but I can't find it anywhere.

I have read another post from a Colombian guy (sorry, I don't have the link) that there is method changing the modem in a clockwork orange... really, too complicated to me.

My intention is keep a post with all the files needed to change the firmware if is possible.
    You can put here your links and I will upload the files into chinese web storages, because the problem is from phones bought from China, so I guess people will be living in China...
    FFS, G model has a different CPU do not use any NONE G firmware.

Chinese model has different signed boots which will reject any firmware which is NOT for the Chinese version.

Double Trouble :p

Take it back, go to a black market and buy the international version ;)

or just enjoy the phone as it was meant to be.