[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Droid DNA

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

JeffBea

Oct 11, 2010
Delaware, OH
Wow looks nice, downloading now. One feature I didn't see listed is Splash Screen flasher.

Edit: Where's the link too download?

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
This seems interesting and am willing to spend dine time with this since I'm off today!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

d3xn2o

Dec 26, 2006
Not compatible with Win 8

Even in Comp Mode Win 8 won't let this launch

Thoughts / Tips?

Edit: Got it to work but now it gets stuck in Token

Windows can't Recognize the Device

Last edited:

bwhxeon

Sep 10, 2010
Not exactly sure what the point of this gui interface is if you have to type in everything but the command. Actually more confusing to try and use this app than just running a command prompt. Example to push pull a file with this this app you need to still know the directory of everything on your phone, which most people won't know how to do. This app wants you to type in /sdcard/download/Filename.file to to pull a file from your phone. the only thing missing is adb pull.

You are really better off learning the actual commands or googling them and just install the sdk. Not only that, but the unlock/s-off features are already in other threads. The two links below are probably more than 90% of people are going to ever need.

How to install sdk on windows "only posted this one since this is a windows only app"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdeIol1m6A0&feature=youtu.be

Adb/fastboot basic commands guide
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-201-10-basic-terminal-commands-you-should-know

lebmb

Apr 3, 2007
Washington, DC
Just got a DNA and now looking to s-off and all. interesting new layout for the download links and all, i usually use the xda classic. I saw a download link for 1.2 but didn't see a change log, which do you suggest to use? i see a big difference in file size, about 22mb on the new one.
Thanks

LlirasChosen

Aug 4, 2010
New York
Is this using RevOne or Moonshine as you don't explain which software version this works for and many people are flooding the forums since they took advantage of the free upgrade from Vzw when they introduced the HTC One.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Looks great. I'm on Windows 8.1, and I get stuck here when the phone goes into fastboot mode:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A device which does not exist was specified."

Under what conditions did this error occur? Was this an error on Windows or on the phone itself?

Does this even work for Windows 8?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

I tested it on on 3 separate Windows 8 machines and 1 Windows 7 machine, so it better work! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Reserved

Reserved.
    Version 3.0 Now Out!

Version 3.0 is now out! It's a complete rewrite, which includes the new S-OFF method, and there may be a few kinks left in, so report any issues you find! :good:
    WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit

The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit has officially been released! It fully supports the Droid DNA, so head over and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:
    Version 2.2

Version 2.2 is now out! Minor update to fix some issues and get a functioning download. :p

Major update coming soon with Version 3.0. Say goodbye to command prompts! :D