[Q] Mhl to VGA for Tab S 10.5

Search This thread

DozerD88

Feb 25, 2014
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a Tab S 10.5 and also looking for an MHL to VGA adapter that works for the tab. Does anyone know of any that work?

PeteAlleman

Sep 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
The approach that I took was to get the Samsung MHL to HDMI adapter and then plug an HDMI to VGA adapter into that. The Belkin HDMI to VGA adapter (AV10145BT) works well.

I had first tried a Startech HD2VGAMICRO adapter but it would not work. I went to BestBuy and they let me try the Belkin adapter with my tablet and one of their monitors. It worked so I bought it.

Pete.

Reactions: DozerD88

DynamicDusa

Feb 12, 2009
The approach that I took was to get the Samsung MHL to HDMI adapter and then plug an HDMI to VGA adapter into that. The Belkin HDMI to VGA adapter (AV10145BT) works well.

I had first tried a Startech HD2VGAMICRO adapter but it would not work. I went to BestBuy and they let me try the Belkin adapter with my tablet and one of their monitors. It worked so I bought it.

Pete.

Hi - so you have this working? did you have to do anything special to get this working? like press buttons/settings on the Tab?
I brought the same adaptors as above and all I get is a blank screen! I then disconnected the HDMI-VGA part and tried using the MHL-HDMI into my PS screen and it still was blank :(

PeteAlleman

Sep 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi - so you have this working? did you have to do anything special to get this working? like press buttons/settings on the Tab?
I brought the same adaptors as above and all I get is a blank screen! I then disconnected the HDMI-VGA part and tried using the MHL-HDMI into my PS screen and it still was blank :(

Just plugged it in and it worked. I tried it on several projectors and monitors. It worked on an old 1024x768 projector and various 1080p monitors and projectors.

There are several models of Samsung MHL to HDMI adapters. I have model # ET-H10FAUWESTA. That might make a difference.

Pete.

dw2014

Nov 7, 2014
One Option I have Tried

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a Tab S 10.5 and also looking for an MHL to VGA adapter that works for the tab. Does anyone know of any that work?

I have successfully connected my Tab S 10.5 LTE to a VGA projector. I purchased a Samsung HDTV Adapter that was designed for the S4 phone. I plugged the micro usb connector into the Tab S. I then connected a generic HDMI to VGA converter to the HDTV adapter. The HDMI to VGA converter I purchased has an audio output jack so you can connect speakers. The adapter is able to get the audio directly from the HDMI port. One thing you need to know is that the HDTV Adapter requires you to plug in the power cable that comes with your tablet. You could also plug the USB cable into a battery pack if you want to make it truly portable. Good luck!:cool:

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Just plugged it in and it worked. I tried it on several projectors and monitors. It worked on an old 1024x768 projector and various 1080p monitors and projectors.

There are several models of Samsung MHL to HDMI adapters. I have model # ET-H10FAUWESTA. That might make a difference.

Pete.

I went to a Samsung store and asked which HDMI adapter would work with a Tab S. They told me to use the HDTV Adapter that was designed for the Galaxy S4 phone (Model: ET-H10FAUWEGWW). I purchased the adapter at the shop and tried it on my Tab S. It works! I also plugged in a generic HDMI to VGA converter to it and was able to connect to a VGA projector. There is an audio output jack on the HDMI to VGA converter and it successfully sent the audio to the plugged-in speakers.

Jonathan96

Feb 19, 2015
from

Pete.
I am from India cannot buy ET-H10FAUWESTA cause it is not sold here suggest me another .Please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pete.